Single Tanking Meg Heads

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Single Tanking Meg Heads

Postby Malkail » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:32 pm

on 25hc is it viable/worth it to solo tank the heads? Seems like there is a lot of negative towards trying it in my raid group. Trying to see what people think of the output of damage on a single tank for both heads.
Malkail

Re: Single Tanking Meg Heads

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:39 pm

:?
Last edited by bldavis on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby daishan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:51 pm

If you hadn't already read it here's the 10hc thread explaining how it can be solo tanked viewtopic.php?f=48&t=33400

Personally we never bothered trying it on 10hc.
The main reason to solo tank is for more dps, on 25 man tank dps is a much smaller % of raid dps so you'd gain less from soloing it, plus there's many more melee that will need to learn relatively tight positioning to avoid dying to breaths.

Imo as long as you can push the red heads with only 2 breaths there's no point it making more complicated than it needs to be by solo tanking, if you're raid can't push the red head in less than 3 breaths it probably means your dps need to pick up their game.
Best of luck
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Malkail » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Eh im sure dps wont be the issue. My thoughts were to just 1 tank the heads and leave the other tank free to do adds. Primarily to avoid the increased melee damage of the green head from gibbing our bear tank. Just not sure how much higher the damage output will be on 25 than on 10. If its possible I'd feel pretty strongly for doing it for the increase battle healer heals and increased dps as well as only haveing to heal a single tank w/ predictable damage.

Seems that based on the video you just need to manage a 37 second window for allowing green debuffs to drop.
Malkail

Postby Malkail » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Just not sure if ANYONE has done it on 25 man. I feel weary about it because I can't find someone that has.
Malkail

Postby samsara » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 am

in our case the adds will get tanked by an unholy dk with no problems. DPS Warriors are also a great help here with massive aoe and their aoe taunting banner the adds will be down in no time.

when we started the progress on this fight we had often 3 stacks from the red head, and gave our warrior tank an soulstone , just in case or for a planned death, it was just easier to let him die instead of massively heal the read and save the tank. :)

nowadays the dmg is so high even if we take alts with us or external people for sellruns we sometimes don't even get adds on the first head.
samsara

Return to General Strats