Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:07 am

That's just a bit unfair, Jabari.

I have 10 90s, and only 1 of them is working on the quest actively, while another two are ToT-LFR capable. And while yes, I ignore some of them when they hit 90, it's more that the questline and the raid instances are tedious to me. Plus, my guild was hit by a whole bunch of asswipes who decided, "I don't wanna play with you guys anymore, you aren't as advanced as my other guild." That also sucks the fun out of the game.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 am

I also ended up ignoring 7 of my 11 lvl 90s.

Honestly speaking, after having brought 4 chars over 500 ilvl, the idea of farming again heroics > LFR was just making me vomit.

I ended up with priest (main) at 548, warrior at 510, monk at 503, warlock at 509, and all other chars between 460 and 470. My historical paladin left lonely at 480 ilvl, may she rest in peace.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 am

Amirya wrote:<...> it's more that the questline and the raid instances are tedious to me. <...>

And leveling characters isn't?

I guess that I'm curious why you'd level so many if you're not going to do anything with them. *shrug*

For my six, I have two "mains" (shaman and hunter), an Emergency Backup Tank (warrior), a "LFR healer queue enabler/sha crystal generator" (priest), and then two that I don't do much with, but they cover the rest of the professions for me and I goof around with them from time to time (druid and lock).
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 am

The mote of harmony thing kills alts for me; that rules them out for crafting which was the main reason I levelled alts.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:09 am

Lieris wrote:The mote of harmony thing kills alts for me; that rules them out for crafting which was the main reason I levelled alts.

Huh? It's very, very fast to get a full farm up and going once you have the Commendation. Like, 4 days worth of Tillers dailies. That's it. Then you get 1.6 Spirits a day just from Songbells - that should be plenty enough for anything you need.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:21 am

Jabari wrote:
Lieris wrote:The mote of harmony thing kills alts for me; that rules them out for crafting which was the main reason I levelled alts.

Huh? It's very, very fast to get a full farm up and going once you have the Commendation. Like, 4 days worth of Tillers dailies. That's it. Then you get 1.6 Spirits a day just from Songbells - that should be plenty enough for anything you need.

I have no idea what any of that means. :p
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:22 am

Jabari wrote:
Amirya wrote:<...> it's more that the questline and the raid instances are tedious to me. <...>

In every expansion I have had the objective of have one level cap of each class ;) With all professions capped so I could be self-sufficient.

After reaching that objective I see no reason to work my ass off to keep 10 alts geared.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am

Lieris wrote:
Jabari wrote:

I have no idea what any of that means. :p

There's the farm in Valley of 4 winds.

At revered, you can plant motes of harmony that grown in 1 day. Since at exhalted you got 16 spots, you can effectively get 1 spirit and 6 motes every day for 2 minutes work.

Once you get a first character revered and buy the commendation that doubles rep, it barely takes a week to hit exalted with Tillers starting from 0.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 am

Worldie wrote:There's the farm in Valley of 4 winds.

At revered, you can plant motes of harmony that grown in 1 day. Since at exhalted you got 16 spots, you can effectively get 1 spirit and 6 motes every day for 2 minutes work.

Once you get a first character revered and buy the commendation that doubles rep, it barely takes a week to hit exalted with Tillers starting from 0.

Oh okay. Don't know if I can be bothered planting cabbages for pandas for 2-3 weeks worth of dailies on my main though. I don't really have time to login everyday so it's a massive grind looking at the Icy Veins guide.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 am

I have 6 90s. 3 are 496+ which is awesome since 2 of them have done nothing ToT LFR related, so I can skip an entire raid on two fo them. But they are mostly there for the Tillers. 2 of them are doing Songbells and 4 of them are doing Snakeroots. I'll have over 100 Living Steel and over 1000 ghost iron bars on patch day for all the new Engineering stuff.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 am

Lieris wrote:Oh okay. Don't know if I can be bothered planting cabbages for pandas for 2-3 weeks worth of dailies on my main though. I don't really have time to login everyday so it's a massive grind looking at the Icy Veins guide.

If you can't log in and do the Tillers dailies you could cycle the plants on the farm since harvesting them gives a bit of rep and it'll probably take longer to zone in than do that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 am

Flex wrote:
Lieris wrote:Oh okay. Don't know if I can be bothered planting cabbages for pandas for 2-3 weeks worth of dailies on my main though. I don't really have time to login everyday so it's a massive grind looking at the Icy Veins guide.

If you can't log in and do the Tillers dailies you could cycle the plants on the farm since harvesting them gives a bit of rep and it'll probably take longer to zone in than do that.

Okay I'll have a fiddle with it sometime this week. :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:43 am

Jabari wrote:

I guess that I'm curious why you'd level so many if you're not going to do anything with them. *shrug*

Actually, no. I usually will level with someone (my current GM), so it kills the tedium.

This is the first expansion since BC that my paladin hasn't been my main, because we needed healers and I don't like paladin healing (even if I'm decent at it). Plus, sometimes I find I like a class more than I did last time.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:12 am

Flex wrote:

Even if you can only jump on for a few minutes, you can get most of the daily set done. They're always in a fairly small area, and it's just "kill a few of these and pick up some of those" and you're done with like 4 of them.

Just skip the ones that are annoying and/or time consuming. (i.e., Goats, Fung's Kite Tour, Marmot Stomping, Weed War, Hillpaw's dumbass chickens, etc)

Edit: Related, and appropriate for the thread - I finally got one of my characters to Best Friend with all the Farmers. Sunsong Ranch is pretty crowded now on that guy. :lol:
Jabari

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 am

honestly...most of my toons are 90 for their professions..
and no cloak yet because i got majorly burned out between 5.1 and 5.2 so i stopped working on it all together

if it wasnt for the rep grinding with wrathion that is required i would have a few of them probably..
as i wind down crap on my main (raiding main) then the others will be played more and more to get geared up and to get their cloaks and such

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General