Remove Advertisements

WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Sagara » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Wait wait wait, I thought the Nerubians were Old God worshippers (like the Aqir and Mantid), which set us in the middle of a Scourge vs. Old gods fight.

But the I remembered the Nerubians in the Azjol Nerub instances sent us to kill the Faceless whatshisname in Ahn'Kahet.

But then again, as far back as 2007, Blizz stated Nerubians and Old Gods were B.F.F... Could there be some kind of philosophical split among the people of Nerub? Or did they ask us to kill the Faceless as "acceptable collateral" or just as a backstab against a rival?

*brain goes boom*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Newsom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Hmmm. Not sure. After reading up a bit it seems C'thun was friends with the original Aqir, but it's unclear what happened with the Sundering when the Aqir were split into the Nerubians and the Qiraji. Obviously the Qiraji remained loyal to C'thun but I'm guessing the Nerubians lost contact/broke free.

The quests in AN states that when the Nerbians fought against the Scourge they dug a little too deep and discovered the faceless ones, who they also warred against. It seems like they're not huge fans of the Old Gods at all.

The Old Gods are not exactly friendly with each other either - so while the Nerubians might still be loyal to C'thun it doesn't mean they're loyal to N'zoth.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:17 am

Wait wait wait, I thought the Nerubians were Old God worshippers (like the Aqir and Mantid), which set us in the middle of a Scourge vs. Old gods fight.

But the I remembered the Nerubians in the Azjol Nerub instances sent us to kill the Faceless whatshisname in Ahn'Kahet.

But then again, as far back as 2007, Blizz stated Nerubians and Old Gods were B.F.F... Could there be some kind of philosophical split among the people of Nerub? Or did they ask us to kill the Faceless as "acceptable collateral" or just as a backstab against a rival?

In the Frozen Throne campaign, Anub'arak was also terrified of the Faceless Ones.
Darielle

Postby Sagara » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah, so most probably the Nerubians lost contact with the Old Gods, found freedom to their tastes, and would be horrified at the prospect of becoming slaves again.

Which makes the Mantid a nice twist on the same concept, actually.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 am

The big issue I have with that pastebin, is that its based on the old 10-level expansion premise.

I saw a blue quote not a week back that talked about 5 level expansions as a given at this time (something about getting new abilities when you get 5 more levels in a new expansion - nb! not verbatim)

So this seemslike ooold specuulatioen - which probably means its based on something that blizzard once worked on (and where cataclysm was 80-90, with no pandaria), so some of it will probably be true, but I still call BS on whoever is posting it actually knowing anything xecpt 5-6 year old thoughts and ideas - maybe with a little personal speculation mixed in.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:07 am

At best it could be early-concept stuff, where the final product ends up significantly different.

Remember how much changed between what Blizzard said Cataclysm would be like and what launched? At Blizzcon the Maelstrom wasn't involved at all, Deathwing came up through a hole north of Stormwind, and that hole was where we'd have to fly to enter Deepholm. They also said Deathwing had gone down under Grim Batol after flying around the world making Deathwing's Scar, and that was where we'd face him, IIRC.

But really, I think this is all just guesswork based on the name and the likely storylines.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am

I just want more underwater zones. :D For questing, that is. Maybe an underwater 5-man, but I think raiding in water would get frustrating fast. :roll:
But definitely more underwater questing zones! Loved it. Oh and more mushroom forests! Give me a mmmmmmassive cave that you access from under the sea, with a huge mushroom forest growing inside it!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 am

It does look like as just random speculation.

However, it does make sense. Would like to discover that the expansion is along those lines (even if zones are completely different, the storyline proposed in that post sounds very plausible)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 am

Nooska wrote:The big issue I have with that pastebin, is that its based on the old 10-level expansion premise.

I saw a blue quote not a week back that talked about 5 level expansions as a given at this time (something about getting new abilities when you get 5 more levels in a new expansion - nb! not verbatim)

Well the datamined Hellscream weapons were for levels 90-100, with the caveat "don't take the level range as indication of anything."
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:27 am

Plus remember people have complained about 5 levels not really giving much content to enjoy as it ends up in being almost no leveling istances, making leveling by istancing extremely boring.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 am

Worldie wrote:Plus remember people have complained about 5 levels not really giving much content to enjoy as it ends up in being almost no leveling istances, making leveling by istancing extremely boring.

Leveling by instance is always boring.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 am

I understand that level 100 is a big deal, and a nice round number, but would anyone REALLY care if every expansion was 10 levels and the game ended on level 120 or whatever? I know I sure wouldn't give damn in any direction.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 am

Era wrote:I understand that level 100 is a big deal, and a nice round number, but would anyone REALLY care if every expansion was 10 levels and the game ended on level 120 or whatever? I know I sure wouldn't give damn in any direction.

People are weird and like specific numbers. Some people focus on "pssh, only 5 levels so obviously it is less content than if it had 10 levels." which ignores that Blizzard could make it so MoP leveled us from 86-125 if they wanted it to.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:23 pm

The pastbin will probably wind up being about 60% accurate. The idea of subraces is really interesting (and evil way of Blizz to get more $$$ from race changes).

But even if we get 60%, it sounds like it will be an interesting expac, if they designers deliver.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:46 pm

I'd be pretty pissed if we don't get a free character customization on every character when the new models come out.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General