WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Ethereal paladins with a blink racial.

Don't pretend you wouldn't want that.

if we get etherals..oh hell yes!

one of my theories was that we would return to argus, but after befriending a faction of the ethereals which would be a neutral race like the pandaren, and they would provide us with the means to get there

since you brought it up...any ideas what classes ethereals could be?

i say:
warrior (always hot heads in every race)
paladin (im sure they have dealt with the naruu at some point)
priest (see paladin plus there are ethereal priests in game already)
warlock (similar reasoning as goblins, making deals with demons, but they also have been around the legion a lot more then most of the other races)
hunter (bound to be some traders specializing in wild goods right?)
monk (not the same as panderan monks except in gameplay)
mage (pretty sure there are ethereal mages in game already)
rogue (again like goblins, i am sure there are some sneaky underhanded one)

that just leaves out shaman, druid, and dk
no contact to azeroth besides adventurers in outland prior to cata so no way to be a dk
shamans are tied to the elements, and i dont think there are elements in the twisting nether
and druids? well it would be a stretch to get them somehow tied to druidism period...but they did it with worgen druids
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 am

I would dispute the warriors, hunters, monks, and rogues - granted, it's based almost entirely off of Nexus-Prince Shaffar, but his voice and mannerisms speak to me as more elegant and refined, and more aloof. They may deal in wild goods, or be sneaky and underhanded, but I don't see them doing it directly. Utilize underlings for that, let those nasty Azerothian races get their hands dirty.

I also would dispute paladins and priests because I've always pictured it as tied to faith, and just because they've dealt with naaru doesn't mean they have the faith. Can't do much about npc priests, though.

So I guess that leaves warlocks and mages lol
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 am

oops wrong thread
Last edited by bldavis on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 am

Amirya wrote:I would dispute the warriors, hunters, monks, and rogues - granted, it's based almost entirely off of Nexus-Prince Shaffar, but his voice and mannerisms speak to me as more elegant and refined, and more aloof. They may deal in wild goods, or be sneaky and underhanded, but I don't see them doing it directly. Utilize underlings for that, let those nasty Azerothian races get their hands dirty.

I also would dispute paladins and priests because I've always pictured it as tied to faith, and just because they've dealt with naaru doesn't mean they have the faith. Can't do much about npc priests, though.

So I guess that leaves warlocks and mages lol

belfs are one of the most elegent and refined races on azeroth arguably, but they have all of them...
plus he is a nexus prince..that title leads me to believe he is a higher class of ethereal. player ethereals would be more common ones, like the trade princes and player goblins, so in a way they WOULD be the underlings

what is your issue with monks though?
and priests and paladins, i am sure there are a few devoted ones that have faith...even if in lore they are rare
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:26 pm

bldavis wrote:
Amirya wrote:I would dispute the warriors, hunters, monks, and rogues - granted, it's based almost entirely off of Nexus-Prince Shaffar, but his voice and mannerisms speak to me as more elegant and refined, and more aloof. They may deal in wild goods, or be sneaky and underhanded, but I don't see them doing it directly. Utilize underlings for that, let those nasty Azerothian races get their hands dirty.

I also would dispute paladins and priests because I've always pictured it as tied to faith, and just because they've dealt with naaru doesn't mean they have the faith. Can't do much about npc priests, though.

So I guess that leaves warlocks and mages lol

belfs are one of the most elegent and refined races on azeroth arguably, but they have all of them...
plus he is a nexus prince..that title leads me to believe he is a higher class of ethereal. player ethereals would be more common ones, like the trade princes and player goblins, so in a way they WOULD be the underlings

what is your issue with monks though?
and priests and paladins, i am sure there are a few devoted ones that have faith...even if in lore they are rare


Ethereals are refined goblins. I think you are forgetting their dealings in Outlands. They believe in gold the way goblins do.

So paladins? no way. Perhaps priests, but that's a stretch. No to monks as well, as I can't see them doing the Zen.

However, they would certainly get their hands dirty if there was profit in it, so no problems with the other damage dealing classes.

Basically whatever a goblin can be.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm

i disagree with w/e goblins can be, as goblins can be shamans and yeah..
there are npc monks and priests in game though, and if we had to have another paladin race, i would vote for either ethereals or the undead and alliance has its 3 already
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:45 pm

bldavis wrote:i disagree with w/e goblins can be, as goblins can be shamans and yeah..
there are npc monks and priests in game though, and if we had to have another paladin race, i would vote for either ethereals or the undead and alliance has its 3 already


Well, the question is, is the rest of the ethereal race as gold-grubbing as the ones we've met sofar? If so, then no to paladins, and you are correct, no to shammies, forgot about those. Priest might not even make sense, depends on the backstory that we don't know.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Era » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Friendly naga player race, anyone? :D just tie the boots to your tail like a trinket, and wear one XXL trouser leg.

As for ethereals, I'm not sure what I think about another "both sides" race.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 am

Goblins and Ethereals could form a new faction called "The Cartel".
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Era » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 am

Maybe we'll see a rearrangement of races into five factions.

The Pink: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes
The Green: Orcs, Trolls, Goblins
The Hairy: Pandaren, Worgen, Tauren
The Hairless: Night Elves, Blood Elves, Draenei
The Foreveralone: Undead
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby cdan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 am

The Instantly forgetable: Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes
The Irritatingly voiced: Orcs, Trolls, Goblins
The Only ones with decent weapon models, but bad everything else: Pandaren, Worgen, Tauren
The Annoyingly Prissy: Night Elves, Blood Elves, Draenei
The Only option I want as a main, but can't have: Undead
cdan
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 am

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:11 am

Hmm.. forsaken paladin.. *casts Turn Evil (runs away.. )

Much hilarity to be had by an forsaken paladin doing as much damage to himself as to the enemy, but perhaps that might be a leg up for vengence.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Era » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:27 am

That'd be an interesting mechanic, if undead paladins actually took some damage using their skills, but in turn got buffed damage/healing. :p
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 am

cdan wrote:The Only option I want as a main: Gnome

Fixed.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8838
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby cdan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 am

Worldie wrote:
cdan wrote:The Only option I want as a main: Gnome

Fixed.


Now I see how you break guilds. :roll: :wink:
cdan
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 am

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby halabar » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:53 am

Ima just gonna leave this here....

http://pastebin.com/vszFYq2p
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Newsom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:15 pm

halabar wrote:Ima just gonna leave this here....

http://pastebin.com/vszFYq2p


Interesting read.

Sounds a lot like this from 2011 though http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/949761-Official-Thread-Mists-of-Pandaria!?p=13608837&viewfull=1#post13608837
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Why would Nerubians fight against N'Zoth? Thought all the bug races worshipped the Old Gods.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4954
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Nerubians are the ones we saved in the northrend istances and aren't tainted by the old gods.

Also would love to see that :P Would totally make me buy the exp and at least enjoy the storyline as super casual
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8838
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Newsom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:54 pm

I'd love to see Azjol-Nerub as a zone. And who can say no to spider mounts.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Sagara » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Wait wait wait, I thought the Nerubians were Old God worshippers (like the Aqir and Mantid), which set us in the middle of a Scourge vs. Old gods fight.

But the I remembered the Nerubians in the Azjol Nerub instances sent us to kill the Faceless whatshisname in Ahn'Kahet.

But then again, as far back as 2007, Blizz stated Nerubians and Old Gods were B.F.F... Could there be some kind of philosophical split among the people of Nerub? Or did they ask us to kill the Faceless as "acceptable collateral" or just as a backstab against a rival?

*brain goes boom*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Newsom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Hmmm. Not sure. After reading up a bit it seems C'thun was friends with the original Aqir, but it's unclear what happened with the Sundering when the Aqir were split into the Nerubians and the Qiraji. Obviously the Qiraji remained loyal to C'thun but I'm guessing the Nerubians lost contact/broke free.

The quests in AN states that when the Nerbians fought against the Scourge they dug a little too deep and discovered the faceless ones, who they also warred against. It seems like they're not huge fans of the Old Gods at all.

The Old Gods are not exactly friendly with each other either - so while the Nerubians might still be loyal to C'thun it doesn't mean they're loyal to N'zoth.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:17 am

Wait wait wait, I thought the Nerubians were Old God worshippers (like the Aqir and Mantid), which set us in the middle of a Scourge vs. Old gods fight.

But the I remembered the Nerubians in the Azjol Nerub instances sent us to kill the Faceless whatshisname in Ahn'Kahet.

But then again, as far back as 2007, Blizz stated Nerubians and Old Gods were B.F.F... Could there be some kind of philosophical split among the people of Nerub? Or did they ask us to kill the Faceless as "acceptable collateral" or just as a backstab against a rival?


In the Frozen Throne campaign, Anub'arak was also terrified of the Faceless Ones.
Darielle
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Sagara » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah, so most probably the Nerubians lost contact with the Old Gods, found freedom to their tastes, and would be horrified at the prospect of becoming slaves again.

Which makes the Mantid a nice twist on the same concept, actually.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 am

The big issue I have with that pastebin, is that its based on the old 10-level expansion premise.

I saw a blue quote not a week back that talked about 5 level expansions as a given at this time (something about getting new abilities when you get 5 more levels in a new expansion - nb! not verbatim)

So this seemslike ooold specuulatioen - which probably means its based on something that blizzard once worked on (and where cataclysm was 80-90, with no pandaria), so some of it will probably be true, but I still call BS on whoever is posting it actually knowing anything xecpt 5-6 year old thoughts and ideas - maybe with a little personal speculation mixed in.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1598
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest