Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:18 pm

when it is long enough to interrupt work schedule...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:44 pm

But Halabar, near as I can tell, Nika did suggest firing her for being in jail.

Her own stupidity has landed her in jail for longer than a weekend.

There was nothing I could discern that said to also ensure she was never employable ever again.

If I had just hired this chickadee, and she did that, you can be sure her employment would be terminated with me (if not in severe jeopardy). It would have to be really really really really really really extenuating circumstances.

I mean, she was just hired. I doubt Shoju has the time (or desire) to deal with her shenanigans when she's supposed to be training and/or assisting him.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby cdan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I've my own share of experience of firing staff under my ever regretful belt so I am not unfamiliar with the process, both in the US and UK and I have to say that I would not fire this young lady in this instance. If it had been an assault on company property or against a colleague she would be gone in an instant, but given her age and the fact that she is facing a custodial sentence, however short, I think she has enough on her plate without throwing her onto the long, long list of unemployed former convicts.

Unpaid leave and a written warning.
cdan

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:31 pm

cdan wrote:I've my own share of experience of firing staff under my ever regretful belt so I am not unfamiliar with the process, both in the US and UK and I have to say that I would not fire this young lady in this instance. If it had been an assault on company property or against a colleague she would be gone in an instant, but given her age and the fact that she is facing a custodial sentence, however short, I think she has enough on her plate without throwing her onto the long, long list of unemployed former convicts.

Unpaid leave and a written warning.

^^^
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Internet going batshit insane with the announcement that Ben Affleck is gonna be batman now.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 am

Well, this is hardly the only problem that we've had. There are a host of problems, but I'm coming at it from the stance of "I was young and dumb once too".

She also will have work release while in jail, just... someone other than me will be handling her transport. I refuse. It's not much of a consequence if your boss who lives 5 mins away from jail comes to pick you up, and take you home.

I'm looking for a wake up call. I'm hoping that her grandfather is the one who has to get her and take her back. That would require him to realize she isn't perfect, and he'll make her pay for the ride. That's 18 ish miles one way for him.

This is no one's dream job. Even mine, and I'd say that on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate my current employment a 6.5 - 7, if I factored in all the pros and cons.
But, we have a mechanic who has had lots of run ins with the law, a guy who has had several, including a rather large one that landed him in a State Pen for ~8 years.

On the Batman thing? I've completely lost interest in seeing the movie now, and I'm a Batman fanboy. I'm not frothing at the mouth about it, but Affleck just isn't the kind of actor that makes a good Bruce Wayne, or a good Batman. I had an outside hope that Wentworth Miller, or some other "up and coming" type would get the role.

For me, Affleck is on the list of people I would have rattled off that I wouldn't want to see as the dark knight
Shoju

Postby Mannstein » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:49 am

halabar wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Can you not just fire someone who's been sent to jail? I mean come on now.

Because anyone who's ever served time automattically should never work again? :roll: :roll:

In my work the outsourced guy 2 seats to the right, was invited to a permanent spot... During the last interview when requested to deliver the criminal record sheet, he replied "No issue, only had 2months without driving due to a Drunk driving conviction".

Next call he received was a : "We don't think your profile is the kind we look for our institution"

Funny part? The drunk driving doesn't show up on the criminal record.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 am

Bat in warehouse.
Assistant is freaking out.
Asks: "If the bat attacks my hair, will it lay eggs in my hair?
Shoju

Postby cdan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 pm

I like that a lot. See - if you fired her you couldn't have that kind of conversation and you'd be back to arguing about the evil of Flex raids.
cdan

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:12 pm

cdan wrote:I like that a lot. See - if you fired her you couldn't have that kind of conversation and you'd be back to arguing about the evil of Flex raids.

There are days when I think she is a smart kid.... with the proper motivation would be a great candidate to take over this position when I finish up my next degree, and there are other times.....

I question the thought process.

And the only evil in flex raids is that they don't share a lockout with other things. Otherwise? A HUGE step in the right direction.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:30 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/8/25/4 ... s-finances
I think I remember seeing something like this in a movie... oh yeah, The Net, with Sandra Bullock. =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Lieris » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:49 pm

I had a lovely run in with some muppet in LFR today. I buffed Might and had missed out on Kings/MOTW, probably because my computer is slow so I am usually among the last to zone in. So I said "could somebody buff Kings please". Somebody took exception to this:

[00:28:42] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: you dont need kings ffs you got motw
[00:28:59] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: no i didn't
[00:29:14] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: learn some manners
[00:29:20] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: learn the game
[00:29:30] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: i gave might to the raid
[00:29:39] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: LMAO...
[00:29:45] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: im sure ive been playing the game longer than you :)
[00:29:45] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: you really are stupid
[00:29:54] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: you really are very rude
[00:29:57] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: silly little boy
[00:30:06] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: im 43 son
[00:30:14] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: act like it then
[00:30:37] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: i am.. telling you to learn the game is not acting childish ffs
[00:30:51] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: grown men don't pick fights in LFR
[00:30:59] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: asking for kings proves you dont have a clue
[00:31:23] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: which part of "I gave the raid might already" don't you understand
[00:31:32] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: i was not picking a fight i was telling you that you do not need kings as you have wild.. you started son
[00:31:39] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: i didn't have MOTW
[00:32:27] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: what does it matter whether I ask for MOTW or Kings? they are the same
[00:32:27] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: sorry your a pala you should know all of this...but clearly you do not
[00:32:49] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: because no one uses kings anymore if there is a druid ffs LMAO
[00:32:58] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: anyway I am done with you, learn to act your age and not start arguments in LFR
[00:33:08] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: learn the game
[00:33:57] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: O AND RE READ our conversation.. it was actually you getting %^&*ty
[00:34:15] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: im not the one swearing like a teenager
[00:34:21] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: grow up
[00:34:23] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: probably because you hate being told you slipped up
[00:34:25] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: act your age
[00:36:21] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: wow looking at dps i see you really dont have a clue how to play this game
[00:36:44] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: act your age
[00:37:03] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: lmao i am son.. how about you realise you have been a dick and acept it
[00:37:11] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: I am not a guy btw
[00:37:27] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: ok accept you have been a silly bint and get over it
[00:37:36] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: oh nice sexist insults now
[00:37:50] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: lol well it would be an insult to someone like you
[00:37:58] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: ive been level 90 for 10 hours, I don't care what you think of my DPS
[00:38:00] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: pety minded little child
[00:38:11] [W To] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: act your age
[00:38:45] [W From] [90:Drdepraved-Def:5]: lol ok kid im putting you on ignore.. if i wanted to listen to children moaning I would go tell me own kids to moan not some silly cow on the internet

Before anyone asks, I have no idea how to do cross-realm ignore. Whenever I right click on somebody's name and click ignore it just ignores somebody on my realm with the same name.

But that told me, apparently MOTW is better than Kings so only noobs ask for Kings! He made sure to spam the raid with recount DPS too. A real class act; a middle aged man picking fights with strangers in LFR.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:16 pm

just for the future, you can ignore them and they will be ignored no matter what server they are one by right clicking their name in chat...
if that doesnt work you can always report him for language, being he cussed at you and used sexist language

the really easy thing would have been just to give you kings/mark though :/

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:38 pm

/ignore name-servername
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:11 am

Sorry to say it, but that guy did not escalate it unreasonably - you kept it up and fired the kettled with a lot of condescending remarks there. Telling somone to "act their age" or even commenting on bing a "kid" is condescending and immature. And for all he saw, you got MotW with everyone else to begin with - wouldn't it just have been easier to say "I apparently zoned in after the buff was given"?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General