Remove Advertisements

Legendary Healing Cloak for Prot?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Legendary Healing Cloak for Prot?

Postby Noxiye » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:48 am

Shamelessly copied from (my own) thread on MMO-C:

So I saw a parse from someone using the legendary healing cloak (a healer, not a tank) and it was doing wild amounts of healing.

Now, obviously it wouldn't do quite as much for us, but assuming it procs at all (it says 0.58 RPPM for non-healers on Wowhead), would it be more useful than the very meh tank cloak or the DPS cloak proc (which isn't bad, but it's pure DPS)?
We don't lose any haste, but we do get Intellect and Spirit, both of which are useless.

This is obviously assuming we're using EF. EF overhealing pretty badly, coupled with Seal of Insight, which does the same.

It was just a thought, and I can't really dig into it since my current connection is horrible.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if this has been asked already, my internet is very slow at the moment, so searching to find out would take me ages.
Noxiye

Re: Legendary Healing Cloak for Prot?

Postby daishan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:27 am

It's an interesting idea, would be very interesting to see some logs of a prot pala using the healing cloak and EF.

Though I think you're massively undervaluing the tank proc, an automatic cheat death on a 2 min cd is incredibly powerful during progress.
Personally I'll only be using the dps cloak on the fights with very tight enrages or very low tank dmg.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 am

Yeah, Cheat Death is just too good. I'll be going for the tank cloak for any progress, unless it is really obvious we're failing on berserk timers and I'm not at a risk of dying. For any mundane content like dungeons, scenarios, LFR and Old raids, the DPS cloak that I'll get for ret anyhow will do just fine.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Slootbag » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:11 am

To be fair, tank cloak proc aside for progression importance, this is a really interesting suggestion.

I might test it if I can get my hands on a healer legendary cloak. There may be a situational use on heavy AoE damage fights to be honest, but tank death threats would have to be fairly low to warrant the swap.

Edit: I was peeking at the cloaks again, I wonder what it would be like to use the caster one too... good stats aside int and it's a 200% SP proc... hmmm...
Slootbag

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 pm

I think it is fairly likely (almost certain) that if this caught on, they would wind up nerfing the proc for non-healing specs. They've already shown clearly that they don't want us using "inappropriate" DPS metas and cloaks.

Personally I think the cheat death effect outweighs any other bonus unless the healing difference is outrageously large.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations