Remove Advertisements

[10H] Lei Shen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Lei Shen

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:13 am

We've had few issues outside immunes at the 9th taunt for the phase, honestly - the WW is pretty good at it and the timing is making sense, both energy-wise and casting-wise, so we'll probably stick to it most of the time, unless immunities really become a problem.

I'm also fairly certain Provoke's speed buff still applies. Trust me. A speeding giant blue bullet train is easy to notice :-p

I guess part of the reason we have so many taunts is that Decap happens just after our first move (DC -> SS). I'm starting to think I should bubble off the second decap and keep tanking.

Follow-up question then - how should I time the Bubble? I guess I need to do a Taunt - Bubble - Debubble move? Then again I could probably afford to not taunt and let the other tank get threat by default during the bubble.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby daishan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:28 am

I don't really use bubble to help with moving.
Going from 2nd to 3rd platform I can run most of the way to 3rd and taunt him (I still have decap debuff at this point but on 10 I don't need any cd's beyond a WoG if I get low) I'll take a few hits from him before decap is cast, once decap is cast I can bubble which removes my current debuff and stops the new decap from doing any dmg or applying another debuff.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:10 am

Sagara wrote:I guess part of the reason we have so many taunts is that Decap happens just after our first move (DC -> SS).

We have the move directly after Decap for the first platform, then don't have a Decap on the second platform, then have a Decap straight away on the third platform.

Sagara wrote:I'm starting to think I should bubble off the second decap and keep tanking.

Follow-up question then - how should I time the Bubble? I guess I need to do a Taunt - Bubble - Debubble move? Then again I could probably afford to not taunt and let the other tank get threat by default during the bubble.

Safest is to just let the other tank taunt when you get Decap, and then you bubble. It takes a few seconds to actually strike. Just make sure you keep bubble on until after the axe impacts.

However, it feels like you're really overcomplicating things. Keep It Simple, Stupid always works best where applicable.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:51 am

Well, thing is - my margin is a tad limited on that front :-p I'll see if I can convinve the bosses to drop the Monk from the equation, else time to hit the Bubble (alos, the point was to actually have the other tank not taunt, so, yeah ;-) )

Sagara

Postby daishan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:00 am

There's no need for the other tank to taunt if you bubble just after decap is cast on you, as he should be just behind you on aggro anyway.
On our early kills I'd often leave bubble up and taunt just as the crashing thunder spawned, that would then remove any tank dmg for the few sec the melee and my co tank spent bathing in the bad stuff :roll:
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 am

Ah yes, that, had my co-tank die a couple of times to "no heals" (read: "oops I stood in Crashing.")

Sagara

Postby Sagara » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:42 pm

For those that were wondering, we decided to say "Fuck this" and stopped swapping for details like Decapitate. AD+WoG+HA+tons of Vengeance FTW!

Sagara

Postby Winkle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:23 am

The only problem with that is that i would occasionally die to crashing thunder.

Also i/my raid discovered that the additional dps was largely pointless as if you can't make the dps checks in the 1st phase you'll be screwed later on anyway.
Winkle

Postby Sagara » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:27 am

Well, the only two platforms where this could be a threat, we both use our unglyphed DP seconds before Crashing. It actually worked pretty well those last two days. Just need to be *fast* on the Healthstone.

Sagara

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)