Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Postby Thels » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Woot, 2 more weeks to take out Lei Shen and Ra-Den. :)

And to make sure I got 3k Valor going into SoO.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Sagara » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:51 pm

I'v been thinking about Valor those last few weeks and I'm really wondering if we need to save up *that* much.

Let's be optimistic and say we get all the 14 bosses on week 1, and I'll work on the rule of thumb that on average, all the loot is useful to all the players. And you're looking at something like 3 upgrades a week, so every 1k Valor we save up is 2 weeks of breathing room until we may be a bit short.

I'm starting to think I'll stop around 2k-something. That means I can cover a whopping 6 upgrades on week 1. But that's mostly because I'm still swimming in new upgrades in ToT and actually want the extra power to get the last bosses down :-p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Thels » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 pm

We've been extending lockouts to get Lei Shen down, and will probably keep doing so until either he dies or the patch hits, so I'm far from swimming in upgrades. :P
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:22 am

But should that happens (say, a Ra-den ring or something like that) - upgrade or save?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Thels » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:38 am

I think I still have about 1500 valor to spend and go 3k into SoO, so yeah, if a major upgrade drops, I'll certainly be upgrading it.

Though, yeah, if I get a couple of really nice upgrades (and I could, if we down Lei Shen fast enough, and we can do another HC clear or two before 5.4), then I would certainly spend valor on them, even if that means I'll have less than 3k going into SoO.

I however am not gonna bother anymore with HCTF loot if I got the 2/2 HC version, or HC loot if I got the 2/2 TF version.

There's 14 bosses in SoO. 6 pieces per boss makes 84 pieces of loot. Divided over 25 players makes just over 3 pieces of gear per player. I don't think we'll be sharding anything the first few weeks, unless Holy Plate drops twice. After that, we should be starting to push Heroics. There's also coins.

So yes, overall, having a backup on Valor Points would help out. It doesn't have to be 3000, but getting close to that would help.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 am

Sagara wrote:But should that happens (say, a Ra-den ring or something like that) - upgrade or save?

Since anyway Raden is on limited attemtps (30 only), you are forced to reset after you get at him.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:54 am

So now that it's out, a couple random questions:

1) How do you get the new glyph patterns as a scribe? My scribe is unfortunately not a char that I play a lot. Took him to the Timeless Isle for a few minutes to kill a couple things and get the cheap, cheap valor from the first few startup quests there. Got a pattern for a 476 PvP Neck but nothing else (but I didn't kill much, either). The daily scroll didn't learn anything new.

2) Is there a list of "to-dos" for the isle? I got the cloak upgraded to legendary for one char (boo hiss everyone flagging PvP fighting celestials, what a pain) and just randomly ran around killing things. Also got a quest to go do Temple of the Jade Serpent but haven't done that yet. Anything else specific to be looking at/working on?

3) How do you open up getting Shaohao rep?

4) Lil Oondasta trashed me, but I haven't really worked on it seriously. The normal Valk/WaterSpirit/Chrominius bit won't work as you get shoved out. Anyone have a team to beat this?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:10 am

1) some patterns are random drop off any pandaria mob, some others only drop from the rares / event bosses on the isle.

2) essentially not. There's the tournament, and a lot of stuff to buy with timeless coins, and then there's all the events and chests and rares with special drops.

No clue about the other 2
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:22 am

4) I only tried him once, just to see. He's a beast, and he moves really really slow, so an all mechanical team should work.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 am

Here's the quest to start Shaohao.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33335

Beating Lil Oondasta (Possible spoiler = highlight if you want to read)

I've heard (can't confirm) that Lil OOndasta can be beaten with 2 mechanicals with timed attacks. What you use for the third is a mystery to me. Others are saying Darkmoon Zeps x 2 and a Mini Mindslayer. Decoying the frills and swapping in the Mindslayer.

I've had a good time on the Isle. I've been exploring a bit and have enjoyed the jumping to secret treasure chests. Reminds me of Pitfall. I'm still trying to figure out how to get into the caved in cave. The Tattered Note talks of a weapon but I'm not seeing it around anywhere. I'm curious to see if a mage can blink in there and open it up somehow and then let me in.

Also, gearing up alts without having to log into said alts is frickin' awesome.
Cogglamp

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:42 am

Cogglamp wrote:Also, gearing up alts without having to log into said alts is frickin' awesome.

It might be, but if you don't play the alt, what do you collect the gear for?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 am

To be able to play the alt in the future.

I don't really play my mage seriously, partly because she always had bad luck with drops, even with the elder charms and increased drop rates. Bad luck meaning, gold gold gold. Oh, and gold. Did I mention the gold?

Yeah.

Another option for Oondasta that I've heard is 2 mechs and 1 that has a Howl ability. Haven't tried that.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:26 am

So, day one on the Isle....

Legendary cloak done.
95% of all chests looted on my main, Tmog set acquired from chests (with two pieces that I'll use IF I get another Burden of Eternity), 6 tokens sent to alts for use, and 18 Sha crystals from tokens that I could convert and DE.

Going to run my enchanter alts through the Isle for all the chests, just to get the Sha crystals.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:52 pm

are the created trinkets unique-equipped for all of them or can a hybrid int user use both healing and DPS ones?

Answered my own question. Hybrid int classes can wear both trinkets.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

-temp-

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:42 am

The gold challenge proving ground is literally killing me

I'm going to rage and rant somewhere else,but i guess that unless i go for full haste it will be better dropping even the idea pf managing it...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

PreviousNext

Return to General