Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Postby Sagara » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:33 pm

More examples perhaps?

Horridon: eat a Double Swipe and you're dead. Do not pass go, do not collect 1000$. Same if choose not to interrupt. Or not to dispel. Also, you can't just ignore Jalakk.

Dark Animus: 'nuff said.

Lei Shen: the difference is just *what*. Decapitate fail? Start Over. Pillar leveled? Start over. Someone fucks a Boucing? Start over. Someone fucks a Shock? Start over. Someone decided stacking on Diffused Lightning is fun? See above. Add to that dps requirement that are far from trivial. Just ask bldavis the difference between LFR and Normal...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Koatanga » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:34 pm

We're one of those raids for which LFR is cakewalk and Norm is difficult. I guess since it's nigh unto inconceivable for many here, that makes me a bit of a scrub, which is disappointing to me because last xpac we finished heroic on each raid.

We have had some turnover in between, and had some issues in the healing department that have been addressed so we are progressing a bit now, but we're stuck on Durumu at the moment.

We also sit 2-3 people each raid, so Flex is going to be good for us in that regard. We also want to recruit, so Flex will be good for us to pick up the higher end of LFR raiders and maybe transition some into normal mode raiding.

The real tough thing I have is when we have a fight like Durumu, having my people work on what they need to work on in LFR is meaningless, since LFR largely ignores the issues we need to work on. I need my people locating the white flash and marking it so we can avoid it with the red beam, and I need people practicing sweeping the red beam properly. But in LFR the beams are sprayed around willy-nilly until stuff falls over. You can't use it to practice mechanics.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Thels » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:55 am

Koatanga wrote:The real tough thing I have is when we have a fight like Durumu, having my people work on what they need to work on in LFR is meaningless, since LFR largely ignores the issues we need to work on.

Or like completely changes the fight, a la Durumu and Dark Animus.

Dark Animus however can be a raid wiper if both tanks take one massive (no idea why, but a lot of tanks seem to want to do that), and half the DPS is on the massives, while the other half is on the boss.

Koatanga wrote:I need my people locating the white flash and marking it so we can avoid it with the red beam, and I need people practicing sweeping the red beam properly. But in LFR the beams are sprayed around willy-nilly until stuff falls over. You can't use it to practice mechanics.

Actually, you want to avoid the white flash with the blue beam, not the red one. Whoever gets the blue beam should check if the white/blue flash is anywhere close. If it's not, stand absolutely still until the beams are gone. If it is, move away from the flash, and then stand absolutely still until the beams are gone. The red beam can touch the white/blue flash just fine.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Teranoid » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 am

Lava Burst and Lava Lash nerfs rescinded and Echo now behaves differently against player targets.

Because y'know that wasn't what we said needed to happen in the first place or anything.
Teranoid

Postby Jabari » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:00 am

Teranoid wrote:Lava Burst and Lava Lash nerfs rescinded and Echo now behaves differently against player targets.

Because y'know that wasn't what we said needed to happen in the first place or anything.

Did they do the same to Arcane Shot yet?

It's odd, the numbers for Lash looked familiar - isn't that what it was before the latest buff (in either 5.1 or 5.2, can't remember)? It's like they almost can't figure out what ENHs current capability actually is, so they keep moving it back and forth randomly.

The Arcane shot change I don't get at all. I completely understand why they made the +50% focus/damage change (it was getting to the point like late Cata where it was all-arcanes all the time, no Cobras needed), but going +50% focus/+25% damage is a pretty good-sized nerf to sustained DPS, to a class that really wasn't topping the charts as it was.

Can't see notes from here, any other interesting new-changes for other classes?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 am

If I remember right they said they were pretty much done with Hunters.

It's still kinda doom and gloom for Enhance. The Stormblast/SS nerfs are still there as well as the 10% FE nerf which to be honest I can live with if it goes live.

The rest were a few minor Frost DK buffs I think.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:10 am

And... it's delayed for 2 weeks. Frak.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby lythac » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:14 am

halabar wrote:And... it's delayed for 2 weeks. Frak.

Rejoice!

My holiday is 28th August - 12th September (land at 09:00) so all I miss is patch day and my guilds Flex raiding night.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Teranoid » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:15 am

You can't delay something that never had a confirmed release date.

More ToT. Oh joy.
Last edited by Teranoid on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:15 am

halabar wrote:And... it's delayed for 2 weeks. Frak.

citation needed?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 am

Holinka
‏@holinka
Please do not come crying to me if the season does not end and the patch does not release on the 27th.

That was posted on the 13th and about 5 min ago he tweeted a link to that tweet.
Teranoid

Postby Jabari » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:19 am

Ah, ok.

Wasn't ENH in a good spot before at least? I thought it simmed high, but I have no idea how it's actually performing in practice right now (compared to other classes/specs). *shrug*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Winkle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 am

Newsom wrote:You don't really have to kick them in LFR, the breath does almost no damage.

The more you kick, the quicker the fight, the less time i spend in lfr.
Winkle

Postby Winkle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:54 am

Teranoid wrote:Holinka
‏@holinka
Please do not come crying to me if the season does not end and the patch does not release on the 27th.

That was posted on the 13th and about 5 min ago he tweeted a link to that tweet.

+ this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9679038952
Tom Chilton has stated to German fansite Gamona during a pre Gamescom interview that Patch 5.4 will be launching on September 10th (delayed by 2 weeks).

http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/wow-pat ... september/
Winkle

Postby Jabari » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:28 am

Winkle wrote:
Newsom wrote:You don't really have to kick them in LFR, the breath does almost no damage.

The more you kick, the quicker the fight, the less time i spend in lfr.

Ha! This is sarcasm, right? :)

I think about half the turtles kicked in LFR hit either the sides or back wall of the room. The half that actually hit the boss all hit at the same time, and that debuff doesn't stack. :P
Jabari

PreviousNext

Return to General