Boss Armor

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Boss Armor

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:40 pm

So having a discussion on mumble and this came up. Do bosses have varying armor percentages like they did back in TBC and ICC? We're trying to justify having sunder or not is the discussion.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Re: Boss Armor

Postby Jackinthegreen » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:53 pm

I don't recall the bosses having different armor numbers in ICC (or WotLK in general) if they were the same level.

Raid bosses definitely don't have differing armor values in MoP though. There would be at least some fuss over it in threads about SimC for example, and since there isn't a fuss about it it seems logical to conclude they all indeed have the same armor.

It would be worth it to double-check though.
Jackinthegreen

Re: Boss Armor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 am

I think Deathwhisper had less armor than other bosses in ICC, but I really can't remember and couldn't provide a citation if you asked for it. I also think that the "caster" bosses traditionally had less armor (IIRC Shade of Aran had zero armor).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations