Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Nope. You missed "video games".
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Lieris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Amirya wrote:As for what Shoju linked, I'm also confused by vegetarianism making that list, but no veganism?

Veganism is too niche for fundies to care about it, that list is kind of a diss. :(
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:30 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Nope. You missed "video games".

Curses!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:41 pm

The list is just batshit insane. I mean... There are so many things on this list that make so sense to me, and I grew up the son of a fundamental christian pastor. This list is even off base to my father...

I'm going to assume that Vegetarianism, will be propped up by Cain and Abel, and Cain's Jealousy at his brother's prosperity in Burnt Offerings to God, which led to him murdering his father. That's a HUGE stretch, but my bet is that would be the reasoning.

I'm not sure what they would use as a justification of Cyberpunk Culture... Unless they are considering it an "extension" of "Goth Culture", which in the minds of fundies is all about dressing in black, wearing upside down crosses, and selling your soul to Marilyn Manson, who is the "preparer" for the Anti-Christ.

I laugh hysterically at the inclusion of Vampirism and Lycanthropy.... Did I miss the memo? Do we have... "real" Vampires and Werewolves running around? Because.... depending on what mythos is "true", I might just sign up to be an immortal bloodsucker.

Video Games is an interesting inclusion on the list, since some of the most successful evangelical christian products do in fact, have their own "video games".

All in all, this list is awful, even when viewed in the light of the "Fundies". When I showed my dad the list, he just shook his head, and muttered something about scary big words and cliches.

I chuckled, since I say that a lot to him.
Shoju

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Setting up a new phone. Android, but different stuff on it because this one's Huawei with mostly stock Android UI, old one was Xperia skinned in a lot of places.

I really, really do not like the new one's keyboard or messaging & contacts themes. I realised this after setting up all my apps and contacts and erasing all data on the old phone.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Newsom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:51 pm

300k wipe on Distruptron.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm

I hate the new TSM, specially because for some reason, it failed to import all my old settings, so I gotta redo all my auctioning groups again and the new TSM is all confusing.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I am very confused by the behaviour of some dog owners. I regularly see those little bags of dog shit lying right in the middle of the footpath. Like the owner picked it up, bagged it, tied a knot in the bag, then just threw the bag away.

I've seen owners tying those bags to tree branches o_o

Funnily enough, I saw Vikki Stone's Edinburgh Fringe show last night and she sang a song about this exact thing. Apparently she collects pictures at www.shit-bags.com

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Lieris wrote:Vegetarianism? What's the logic behind that being linked to satan?

In Genesis, God says that they can eat anything that moves, not just plants, and in one of the letters to the Romans, vegetarians are described as weak but should not be judged (and they should not judge others).
(Gen, 9.3; Rom, 14.2 - yes, I took the time to look it up for you :) )

Same thing is repeated quite a few times throughout both the old and new testaments. They could just be crazy nutjobs though (even if I do think that vegetarians are an unnecessary complication at mealtimes - and I refuse to cater for vegans, they can bring their own food).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:52 am

Fetzie wrote:
Lieris wrote:Vegetarianism? What's the logic behind that being linked to satan?

In Genesis, God says that they can eat anything that moves, not just plants, and in one of the letters to the Romans, vegetarians are described as weak but should not be judged (and they should not judge others).
(Gen, 9.3; Rom, 14.2 - yes, I took the time to look it up for you :) )

Same thing is repeated quite a few times throughout both the old and new testaments. They could just be crazy nutjobs though (even if I do think that vegetarians are an unnecessary complication at mealtimes - and I refuse to cater for vegans, they can bring their own food).

And also in the New Testament, Paul specifically has a vision from God to "Eat all the Things", and not to worry about the silly kosher rules, only real restriction was don't eat meat that was sacrificed to idols, if you were told it was.

But a gateway to Wordlieism? err Satanism?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Dion » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:36 am

Ret paladin buffs. We were pretty decent spot in PvP balance and those buffs maybe enough to pull us in OP side. I'm fearing "TO THE GROUND!" and gentle caress of bat but hopefully for nothing.
Dion

Postby Stubblerump » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 am

Apparently they never read the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Daniel either. They ate only vegetables and water, were smarter and outperformed the King's wise men, and survived a fiery furnace because of an angel sent by God to intervene due to their godly devotion. Don't expect weirdos to understand much less follow their own narrative.
Stubblerump

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:02 pm

If T16 is released next week, that means I've gone all of T15 without getting any loot off Nalak, even with the bonus roll.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Andurin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 pm

I really want to make some progress on the cloak, i just cba to farm any more reputation for the black prince... Currently i`m on 5k / 12k and I just dont want to farm more >.< (Farmed from 100 to 5k so far) Any tips on making it go faster as a balance druid? Or does anyone need the rep aswell and wants to farm together? I`m quite good at keeping people alive as resto :p
Andurin

Postby Xfighter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:08 am

Andurin wrote:I really want to make some progress on the cloak, i just cba to farm any more reputation for the black prince... Currently i`m on 5k / 12k and I just dont want to farm more >.< (Farmed from 100 to 5k so far) Any tips on making it go faster as a balance druid? Or does anyone need the rep aswell and wants to farm together? I`m quite good at keeping people alive as resto :p

There is a daily on the beaches at the incursion, the 5.1 hub in Kras where NPCs come out from the fence where the demo's are, and get 1-shot 5 seconds later. All you need to do is toss a single dot on each one as they spawn, and you get full rep. Only lasts till Rev though, then you need to do similar on IoT near the middle mogu guys. Also, the daily rotation needs it to be the beach/quarry stone thinger set, and I've gone a week without seeing it pop before, so just need to casually check daily for it!
Xfighter

PreviousNext

Return to General