All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:38 am

Nakama wrote:
Shoju wrote:Effing Tigers Swept through Cleveland. That was.... Painful.

At least we're still in the mix for the WC. I don't know if 7 games back is a lead we can overcome, and there are rumors swirling (no hard evidence) that the Tribe and Phils are working on a Waiver Trade for Michael Young. How much fire is under that smoke remains to be seen.

Hey, at least the Browns won?


Now to see if the Royals can take some games away from the Tigers, otherwise it's probably the bench for both our teams come playoff time. It's nice that our division is actually doing well in the last month or so instead of the run-away stinkfest it usually is this time of year.

--Jed


NO! The Royals are NOT ALLOWED to be good. I mean... At least not until the Browns with the Super Bowl.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 am

Well, this doesn't bode well for the Rio Olympics.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/ ... ef-resigns
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Teranoid » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Shoju wrote:
Nakama wrote:
Shoju wrote:Effing Tigers Swept through Cleveland. That was.... Painful.

At least we're still in the mix for the WC. I don't know if 7 games back is a lead we can overcome, and there are rumors swirling (no hard evidence) that the Tribe and Phils are working on a Waiver Trade for Michael Young. How much fire is under that smoke remains to be seen.

Hey, at least the Browns won?


Now to see if the Royals can take some games away from the Tigers, otherwise it's probably the bench for both our teams come playoff time. It's nice that our division is actually doing well in the last month or so instead of the run-away stinkfest it usually is this time of year.

--Jed


NO! The Royals are NOT ALLOWED to be good. I mean... At least not until the Browns with the Super Bowl.


They already did. Twice. All they had to do was move out of that shithole city and change their name :D
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 pm

what do you call a Cleveland Brown with a Superbowl ring?

Matt Stover.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7505
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:17 pm

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95706 ... challenges

about time.

if it gets too slow, disallow batters to step away from the batter box twice in a row.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Oof you guys are brutal.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:02 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:19 am

It's really hard to make heads or tails out of the Browns Pre-season. Their First String is looking REALLY good.

But, last night looked like a bloodbath.

Mingo - Bruided Lung.
Dion Lewis - Broken Leg
Some dude that was trying to get the LG position - Possible Torn ACL.

Ugh... This is going to get rough if the injuries keep piling up.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Teranoid » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Ruben "I don't care about walks I care about production" Amaro fires Charlie Manuel.

This guy is quite possibly the most clueless GM in the history of MLB.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Teranoid wrote:Ruben "I don't care about walks I care about production" Amaro fires Charlie Manuel.

This guy is quite possibly the most clueless GM in the history of MLB.


All the Mets GMs, past and present, say hi.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Shoju wrote:It's really hard to make heads or tails out of the Browns Pre-season. Their First String is looking REALLY good.

But, last night looked like a bloodbath.

Mingo - Bruided Lung.
Dion Lewis - Broken Leg
Some dude that was trying to get the LG position - Possible Torn ACL.

Ugh... This is going to get rough if the injuries keep piling up.

If I felt that the quality of the Seahawks' starters was indicated by their performance against San Diego, I'd be pretty nervous about the coming season. But it's just pre-season and it's all meaningless except for the rookies who get a chance to show something, and the guys who get injured.

Sucks that Cleveland is getting injuries, cause they definitely don't need them.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:07 pm

A follow-up on the whole Ryan Bruan - Dino Laurenzi Jr thing
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun ... 53235.html

So, apparently, Braun had been telling everyone that Laurenzi was anti-semitic and a cubs fan in order to make him test positive.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 pm

So remember how I said pre-season games are meaningless? They still are, but watching my Seahawks destroy the Broncos was very much fun indeed.

There didn't seem to be much "only preseason" attitude going on from either side, and the fans in Seattle always make it sound like a playoff game there. Yeah it was all vanilla play-calling, but I had a good time watching.

"Smashed 'em, bro."
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Klaudandus wrote:A follow-up on the whole Ryan Bruan - Dino Laurenzi Jr thing
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun ... 53235.html

So, apparently, Braun had been telling everyone that Laurenzi was anti-semitic and a cubs fan in order to make him test positive.

Maybe Braun reads maintankadin...
Maybe he hated baseball, or Jewish Baseball players.


That said, on what grounds would Braun's friend have to sue him? Uh yeah I took money to do something sleezy, so now I want to sue the person who offered me the money...wtf
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 am

Not sure what braun's friend would sue him for, but the urine collector seems to have a somewhat decent case of defamation, seeing all the stuff he had been saying about him within the MLB circles, which directly affected his employment -- compounded to the very public statement he said about the possibility of tampering, and insinuating he knew stuff about Laurenzi.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], degre, Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], degre, Google [Bot] and 1 guest