All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:32 am

Back to the NCAA....

Imagine the chaos if the SEC, Pac-12, and BigEast10whatever decided to leave the NCAA?

Form 4 superconferences, and tell the NCAA in it's current form to take a hike.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 am

Fridmarr wrote:I think that severely underestimates how surprising a 13-3 season from the browns would be :D

Nah, 13-3, wouldn't be surprising with the schedule this year. Our Schedule is really pretty soft this season.

Fins - Winnable
At Ravens - LOSS
At Vikes - Winnable
Bengals - Winnable
Bills - Winnable
Lions - Winnable
At GB - LOSS
At KC - Winnable
Ravens - MAYBE winnable
At Bengals - Winnable
Steelers - Winnable
Jags - Winnable
At NE - LOSS
Bears - MAYBE Winnable
At Jets - Winnable
At Steelers - MAYBE Winnable

There are 10 games that are completely winnable, 3 that would require a little luck, and 3 that are downright losses IMO. I also might be underselling the Steelers and Bengals a little, but I really just don't see the Steelers doing squat this year, and since Cincy looked respectable last year, it's time for them to suck.

Now, if I'm being realistic, instead of optimistic, We're looking down the barrel of a 6-10 to 10-6 season, depending on how things roll with the road games, and the coaching changes.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Every team in the NFL is an 8-8 team. It depends on how many breaks they get that pushes them to an 1-10 or 10-6 record.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks ... 1079538404

Reader Email 1:
These are the same mouth-breathing idiots that called the local sports radio shows, crying that we traded Anquan Boldin (old as shit, not that productive sans the playoff run) because "Joe Flacco is too greedy."

Reader Email 2:
Oh my God, we are the fucking worst. We gave a dead giraffe $120,000,000, and told the next few generation of fans to go fuck themselves. We gave our best player away to the team who almost beat us in the Super Bowl for a 6th round pick. Why not? Doesn't matter anyways since they gave Flacco controlling interest in the team.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Shoju wrote:Nah, 13-3, wouldn't be surprising with the schedule this year. Our Schedule is really pretty soft this season.

Fins - Winnable
At Ravens - LOSS
At Vikes - Winnable
Bengals - Winnable
Bills - Winnable
Lions - Winnable
At GB - LOSS
At KC - Winnable
Ravens - MAYBE winnable
At Bengals - Winnable
Steelers - Winnable
Jags - Winnable
At NE - LOSS
Bears - MAYBE Winnable
At Jets - Winnable

There are 10 games that are completely winnable, 3 that would require a little luck, and 3 that are downright losses IMO. I also might be underselling the Steelers and Bengals a little, but I really just don't see the Steelers doing squat this year, and since Cincy looked respectable last year, it's time for them to suck.

Now, if I'm being realistic, instead of optimistic, We're looking down the barrel of a 6-10 to 10-6 season, depending on how things roll with the road games, and the coaching changes.
In the NFL, pretty much every game is winnable. However, since I firmly believe that if the Cleveland Browns played every single game as best that they possibly could, they would still not win 13 games, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:47 am

Jack Clark fired after Pujols threatens to sue everyone.

On one hand, Clark is a dumbass, but gave voice to what many have thought about Pujols at one point ir another. On the other hand, last time i heard such a defensive statement like Pujols', they had come from the mouths of Braun and Palmeiro.

Oh, and Armstrong never tested positive either... just saying.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:52 am

Klaudandus wrote:Jack Clark fired after Pujols threatens to sue everyone.

On one hand, Clark is a dumbass, but gave voice to what many have thought about Pujols at one point ir another. On the other hand, last time i heard such a defensive statement like Pujols', they had come from the mouths of Braun and Palmeiro.

Oh, and Armstrong never tested positive either... just saying.

Ok, I'm here to out Klaudanus for PEDs. (not that they really helped, but....) It must be true.

The problem with Clark is not that he repeated what he was told, it's that he's been on a world tour practically, trying to tear down Pujols. It's one thing to report it, it's another to have an obvious agenda.

Sometime when there's smoke it's just a jackass with a cigar.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Yeah, I take beer during raids, it helps me tank better. :p

I ain't saying Clark is not wrong, hence why I said he's a dumbass. At the same time, Pujols is on the list of players I'd not be surprised if we later find out he used PEDs.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:08 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Shoju wrote:Nah, 13-3, wouldn't be surprising with the schedule this year. Our Schedule is really pretty soft this season.

Fins - Winnable
At Ravens - LOSS
At Vikes - Winnable
Bengals - Winnable
Bills - Winnable
Lions - Winnable
At GB - LOSS
At KC - Winnable
Ravens - MAYBE winnable
At Bengals - Winnable
Steelers - Winnable
Jags - Winnable
At NE - LOSS
Bears - MAYBE Winnable
At Jets - Winnable

In the NFL, pretty much every game is winnable. However, since I firmly believe that if the Cleveland Browns played every single game as best that they possibly could, they would still not win 13 games, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Probably best to just do that, since I'm of the opinion that our offensive line, and richardson could line up, and play their best game against 6 of those teams, and blow them out.

But part of the problem is, that we have had such inept playcalling under mangini and shurmur, that unless you were watching the entire game, it's hard to get a sense of who can do what, since there were plenty of times that those two coaches beat themselves with terrible, abysmal, vomit inducing playcalling, that would have gotten them blown out on Madden on easy Difficulty.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 am

I dunno. I thought Mangini was decent.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:37 am

Mangenius. Get it right.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:16 am

Klaudandus wrote:I dunno. I thought Mangini was decent.

He was pretty good on defense, but our offense (outside of that one year with hillis), just really never amounted to much. And both coaches had this terrible tendency to try and be "too smart".
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:31 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:49 am

Tribe has also fallen into the shithole.

Ugh... Where did the bats go?
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Succumbed to the depression caused by living in Cleveland? ;)
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Nakama » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Shoju wrote:Effing Tigers Swept through Cleveland. That was.... Painful.

At least we're still in the mix for the WC. I don't know if 7 games back is a lead we can overcome, and there are rumors swirling (no hard evidence) that the Tribe and Phils are working on a Waiver Trade for Michael Young. How much fire is under that smoke remains to be seen.

Hey, at least the Browns won?

Now to see if the Royals can take some games away from the Tigers, otherwise it's probably the bench for both our teams come playoff time. It's nice that our division is actually doing well in the last month or so instead of the run-away stinkfest it usually is this time of year.

--Jed
Nakama

PreviousNext

Return to General