Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Teranoid » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:36 am

Removing all those sections just reeks of laziness. The fact the recipes page listed recipes that never survived betas of expansions was a testament to how little of a shit they actually gave about those sections of the armory.
Teranoid

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:29 am

Of the three mentioned there, I'm most sad to see reputation go away, I've actually used that once in a while when not in game and trying to plan something.

I think they confuse "rarely visiited" with "not useful", the same as "most visited" with "most useful" - seing the frontpage etc may be mostloy visited, but aside from guild applications, and general vanity (and webistes crawling), most check-ups are done just because, and not out of any real usefulness.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:17 am

Yea, I concur, Nooska; esp given I just glanced at it to look at a guildie's alt.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:41 am

The third party API is still there for those sections which is how outside sites will continue to work. I'm just guessing there's significant frontend work to make the backend data look decent.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:32 am

It's a small bit of a pity, my roommate decided to crawl through my own battle pets, and ask me where I got what, when, and if it's useful.

So far, the best part is him ignoring me when I tell him that Unborn Val'kyr is rarely spawned, can't be really farmed (waste more time in flight going through the whole continent than just a zone), can't be force-spawned, and the places I showed you on the map is an approximation of location.

"You told me it spawns on the road of Scourgeholme! But the coordinates say it's off the road."

"....well yes, but if you follow the road, it should still show up on your minimap. Also, I said along, and not on."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 am

Why farm the Valkyr when you can just find it on the first spawn you check ever as I did

^_^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:39 am

I got the Valk on my last run through of spawn points for the night. Got it, rared it up with one of my 2 undead stones and 3 tamer battles later got her to 25.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 am

I found the Val'kyr on my third run - the first run was literally all of Northrend, because I was that bored. The second run was just around Icecrown. And so was the third - she had spawned at the point nearest Shadow Vault.

Not only does he fly over the area, he runs circles around it five or six times, like it will magically appear. Then stops to check out every single cockroach in the non-spawn areas lol
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Nooska wrote:Of the three mentioned there, I'm most sad to see reputation go away, I've actually used that once in a while when not in game and trying to plan something.

I think they confuse "rarely visiited" with "not useful", the same as "most visited" with "most useful" - seing the frontpage etc may be mostloy visited, but aside from guild applications, and general vanity (and webistes crawling), most check-ups are done just because, and not out of any real usefulness.

Yeah. As someone who has maxed almost all reputations possible (just Nat Pagle left...) I'm really sad to the reputation section going away from the armory. I can't imagine it's that much work to keep that tiny section up to date?
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:37 am

Same, I mean, there is more to it thanjust that, but it is basically setting up a new faction bar under the correct header, drawing information from the backend (where the information will ostensibly still be).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Newsom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:04 am

Indeed.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby jere » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 am

So after perusing warcraftpets.com forums, I ran across a guide that listed a fairly potent Beast of Fable killer team:

Unborn Valkyr
Panderan Water Spirit
Chromius

(forgive the spellings...can't look those up from here)

I don't have the Unborn Valk to try that out with, but did have Landro's KT to supply the CoD. I must say, it is pretty effective. There a couple beasts that can mess up the sequence (usually either a CC or time delayed attack at the wrong time), but I did manage to quickly kill all of them in 1-2 shots. Mind you, there was some luck there.

Basic Sequence:
1. Undead Pet with Curse of Doom goes first. Save Curse of Doom until the round where the pet resurrects. This is particularly potent with the unborn valk as you can determine the time of death with unholy ascension (plus get an extra 25% damage...though I found that wasn't really needed).

2. Water Spirit goes next and uses the 3 round ability (I want to say Geyser) followed by the 2 round ability (whirlpool maybe? Again, I can't look these up).

3. Switch in Chromius and use Howl

If all timed right with no breaks in the sequence, then CoD and both of the water spirit abilities will all hit at the same time and under the effects of howl for double damage. Normal enemies will take around 4000ish damage and BoF take 2000ish.

If that slew of hits doesn't manage to kill the BoF, they are most likely stunned by the water spirit's attack and chromius can use his big magic attack that normally does 750ish (1500ish under howl) damage to finish the job.

It's a pretty slick team honestly.

BoF that can counter:
The goat has a chance to stun which can interrupt the sequence. Just hope that it doesn't
The fish can sometimes time a 2 round water attack that can kill off a pet during the sequence.
The beaver has both dive and a 2 attack shield. I still managed to 1 shot him with this team
The turtle can get in a lucky pump attack at the end an kill Chromius or the water spirit.

Also, if you don't have an unborn valk, you are more susceptible to timing the ability since you have to CoD during the resurrection round. Lost of Loradon is trappable pet with CoD (but still no UA).

Again, sorry for the misspelled names. I can't check any sites from here to fix that.
jere

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:30 am

Have they fixed the BoF issue where stampede effects completely negate the 50% damage reduction causing you to do normal damage increased by stampede's debuff? Or is that what Howl is basically doing as well?
Flex

Postby Jabari » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:11 am

It's the same debuff applied from Howl and Stampede/Flock/etc. *shrug*

I'm not sure what the problem was before, though. For example, Geyser hits for like 420-ish normally, and when it hits the BoF it's doing 520 or so. (420 * 0.5 (elite) * 2 (howl) * 1.25 (UA)). It's certainly not hitting for the 1100 that it would if the Shattered Defenses debuff negated the "Elite" status.

The reason that particular grouping works so well is that you're hitting 3 things all at once for about 1800 (Doom hits REALLY hard with UA), and the couple things with more HP than that get stunned for a turn where Surge will finish them off.

The only one this grouping doesn't work on is No-No (too many Dives and Barriers), but you can just take any old Moth Army there for that.

If you happen to lose the Water Spirit early, it's ok - time up Howl correctly for the 2 other bombs to hit and Surge and win. *shrug*

Edit: As an aside, UA is a really strong move. It would work particularly well with Absorb/Consume types of things, where you double-dip on the bonus. If you notice, one of the more irritating things in Pet PvE are the beasts with Acidic Goo and Consume - you get them below half (+25% Beast), and have Acidic Goo on your guy (+25%), and suddenly that simple 200 HP Consume turns into an effectively 600 HP attack (300 damage, 300 healed)...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:32 am

I used my Direhorn Runt on BoF. I'd start with a stampede and if I survived the attacks I'd do a Trihorn Charge and would hit for 4 digits. Thinking about it it is most likely due to 25% increase due to beast racial and 50% increase against critter types.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General