Remove Advertisements

5.4 patch notes and US, general questions

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

5.4 patch notes and US, general questions

Postby Puredarkness » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 am

so i hav been reading the patch notes so far and im seeing some small changes, nothing major so far really for protadins just wanna make sure im not missing anything,
So;
Has 5.4 got any significant changes for us?
Has our stat priority changed?
Has our spell / attacks rotation changed?
Has any glyphs has any major changes?
Anybody experiencing any problems or issues with cooldowns or buffs / debuffs on PTR
And how do these changes affect us as protadins?

I know its early to be asking these questions since 5.4 is still maybe a month or more away but i just wanna keep myself informed and up to date with any issues or problems ppl hav noticed.

TY :wink:

Puredarkness, Draenor , Horde , Guild Psychosis , 10man normal raider
Puredarkness

Re: 5.4 patch notes and US, general questions

Postby Kelerei » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:20 am

You'll probably want to head over here, but since the thread is 70+ pages now, I'll summarize the key points:

• The Grand Crusader change makes dodge and parry a bit more useful, and haste slightly less useful, but this will not impact our stat priority.
  • Our rotation ain't changing.
  • The change to Glyph of the Battle Healer makes it very situational now, rather than mandatory.
  • Sacred Shield has gotten a nerf, but we're still (probably!) going to be using it.
  • AoE Vengeance is nerfed (about time in my opinion, way too overpowered).
  • The only cooldown issue that I can currently think of is the "haste capping" bug documented here.
  • Probably some other stuff as well that my work-fried brain can't think of right now. :p

All in all, apart from not using Battle Healer any more, we'll be keeping calm and carrying on. ;)
Kelerei

Postby Thels » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:19 am

A new Glyph of Sacrifice is added, that no longer redirects damage to the paladin, basically making it a 30% DR external CD where you do not have to worry about the damage that'll come to you.

The Haste Capping bug has been fixed, so it's no longer a concern. As for Haste Capping, it's not exactly a 5.4 feature, but it'll first be a concern in 5.4. We'll have a Haste cap of 50%, after which it loses a lot of it's benefits. After capping Hit, Expertise and Haste, we want to move to Stamina, Mastery, Crit or Strength.

Sanctified Wrath has been given a boost, which makes the HoPo gain on use on par with Holy Avenger, and gives SotR a 100% uptime above 20% Haste. HA still gives more HoPo per minute than SW.

We'll get Haste on some of our Tier 16 pieces. This might mean that Haste items are added to the Protection Paladin loot table, but this has not been confirmed to my knowledge.

IIRC we're losing our snare from Light's Hammer.

Overall, you probably want to unglyph Battle Healer, but other than that, you can continue the way you were doing and do just fine. Just make sure not to continue stacking Haste beyond 50%.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Schroom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:28 am

Thels wrote:
IIRC we're losing our snare from Light's Hammer.

huh? but they only added this in 5.3...

where did you read about this? haven't seen anything mentioning this 'til now :P
Schroom

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:46 am

We're losing Burden of Guilt as a talent. It is being replaced by a talent that allows Turn Evil to be used on Beasts and Humanoids. Burden of Guilt is being turned into a glyph where Judgement will cause a 2 second snare for 50% movement reduction.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Thels » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:57 am

I thought they were going to make it retribution only, but I can't find where I read that. I might just be mixing 2 things up, though.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Puredarkness » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 am

TY all for ur reply's, as i thought nothing major changing so far.
TY
Puredarkness

Postby Fetzie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm probably just going to swap battle-healer for the new sacrifice glyph and not much more.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice