Remove Advertisements

[25N] Primordius Cheese Mode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[25N] Primordius Cheese Mode

Postby Mordral » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Soooooo yeah, we got to Primordius and we had a Holy Paladin with us who had done the boss previously. As the story goes, I believe their guild eventually just decided to ignore mechanics and burn him in place. You center him in the room, spread the ranged around the conveniently sized circle in the middle and just drool on your keyboard. We have literally never wiped to this boss and we've used this strat since day one.

We run three tanks with DPS off specs and one of the original tanks wanted to compare numbers with our DPS warriors on a static fight so they swapped me into one of the tank slots. I did some math after that night and decided to be adventurous: Could I possibly solo tank this? Turns out that yes I absolutely can. Makes for some pretty intense but not unreasonable tank healing and I aim to bubble/cancel the stacks at around 35% as the healers need to do much more AoE healing as the fight progresses. I believe at that point I'm taking somewhere in the neighborhood of 400k every 3 seconds which is pretty serious, but not insane. Since you have significant amounts of vengeance, self heals from SoI and SS are pretty massive.

The first time we tried it, the other tank remained Prot but didn't tank. This time around I had no safety net and I finally got our video guy to upload the video. It is absolutely time to activate Tabard of the Lightbringer when you are out of cooldowns and might very well be responsible for your guild's first ever wipe to a boss fight that you've been farming for a couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4uBWRag5dY

If for some reason you haven't gotten to that fight yet, or perhaps need to farm it still and want to put in way less effort then give it a whirl.
Mordral

Re: [25N] Primordius Cheese Mode

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:02 am

Derp. I should propose this for one of our alt runs :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:46 am

The damage reduction is only 25%, so ofcourse its very doable to ignore everything and just nuke the boss.
This was a viable Heroic mode strat in the begining as well, then they changed it to 75% dmg reduce in heroic, forcing you to use the mechanics to beat the enrage. I do wonder if its doable now again due to more gear.
Treck

Postby Paoanii » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 am

Treck wrote:The damage reduction is only 25%, so ofcourse its very doable to ignore everything and just nuke the boss.
This was a viable Heroic mode strat in the begining as well, then they changed it to 75% dmg reduce in heroic, forcing you to use the mechanics to beat the enrage. I do wonder if its doable now again due to more gear.

I doubt it's possible even with 550+ ilvl on everyone. If I'm remembering correctly you needed ~180k dps per person AFTER the damage reduction. Even accounting for the 15% nerf to his health since then, you need a full raid of dps able to pump out 600k dps for an entire fight to meet that dps check with the damage reduction.
Paoanii

Postby Belloc » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Yeah, the burn strat is incredibly easy, as is, at least for paladins, solo-tanking. I spike less when solo-tanking the burn strat than when we do the fight normally.

A note for those that haven't tried it yet, but might in the future: Don't kill any adds. You might get lucky and get red puddles, but if you get a purple puddle, you defeat the whole purpose of the burn strat. Don't put any damage on the adds except for maybe rain of fire.
Belloc

Postby Thels » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:05 am

Just don't kill any single add, and you'll get an achievement on top of it. :)

Simple strategy. It's a little more taxing on the healers, but if they're anywhere decent, they should be able to handle it.

And make sure your DPS doesn't die from boredom halfway the fight.
ImageImage
Thels

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)