Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Jabari » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:53 pm

halabar wrote:So, after playing around on the PTR, I discovered a few things....

Is there anything useful for Scribes to make? Right now I have a gigantic pile of the daily scrolls, and the only thing to use them on are the 476 fans...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:39 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:So, after playing around on the PTR, I discovered a few things....

Is there anything useful for Scribes to make? Right now I have a gigantic pile of the daily scrolls, and the only thing to use them on are the 476 fans...

Nothing new that involves the scrolls that I'm aware of. There are new glyphs which will be discovered on the new island. For those daily scrolls.. eh.. make staffs to sell? I stopped making those a long time ago.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:49 am

Newsom wrote:I'm sure there are lots of patterns missing/not yet implemented on the PTR. I'd be very surprised if there isn't at least one BoE epic. 28 weeks for a pair of BoP pants seems crazy.

28 days, not weeks.. :-) But a month is still a long time. Maybe they'll change that.

Still debating if I want to just make bags, or wait until 5.4 hits and make the new cloth.

Since LW and BS have similar stuff, I think they might be done. There's going to be free 496's all over, so while shards will be cheap, lower end enchant saies might go up.

Add in virtual realms, and who knows.. :D

Also.. I'm buying up cheap mats and cooked foods to make the new noodle carts. Since those require a wide range of mats, there should be an increase in other mat prices.

halabar

Postby Newsom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:20 am

Oh shit that's true.

I wish they'd at least be BoA. I have LW on my paladin... not going to be super helpful to have some BoP leather/mail items. :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Xfighter » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:20 am

Jabari wrote:

Depending on your herb/relic market, relics might still be able to net a decent bit.

I buy everything but fools cap 1.25g/ea or less, and fools cap 2.5g and lower.

Been selling trinkets at:
Tank 4-6k
Caster 6-8k
Healer 6-8k
Melee 9.5k+

Works out that each card ends up costing me about 200-300g to make, with 8 needed makes it 1.6-2.4k per deck. Allows even some room to buy single cards to complete decks, depending on the prices of them. (ofc this is including trading in ink of dreams for starlights)
Xfighter

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:47 am

Newsom wrote:Oh shit that's true.

I wish they'd at least be BoA. I have LW on my paladin... not going to be super helpful to have some BoP leather/mail items. :P

Yeah, that kinda sucks for people who have professions that don't match their armor type. Leg enchants will still sell, and you might want to stockpile some of those for all the folks that will be getting these nice shiny 496's on all their alts.

Looking at it on my tailor, it will take 490 bolts of Windwool to make the belt and legs, which is equivalent to 7 satchels, or about 17.5k at current prices on my AH. So, 17.5k for two crafted items isn't bad. However, it does lock you in on your tier set, and you might get hosed if tier legs drop. I'm thinking I may just craft the belt and keep selling satchels.

BoPs are nice when they are a bit better, or are an awesome model (thinking back to the crafted BoP shoulders from BT), but not so great when they very well might get replaced by a raid drop, and are not heavily styled slots.

Trying to sell a few satchels now. Success of that may determine what I do with my piles of cloth.

halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 am

Xfighter wrote:
Jabari wrote:

Depending on your herb/relic market, relics might still be able to net a decent bit.

I buy everything but fools cap 1.25g/ea or less, and fools cap 2.5g and lower.

Been selling trinkets at:
Tank 4-6k
Caster 6-8k
Healer 6-8k
Melee 9.5k+

Works out that each card ends up costing me about 200-300g to make, with 8 needed makes it 1.6-2.4k per deck. Allows even some room to buy single cards to complete decks, depending on the prices of them. (ofc this is including trading in ink of dreams for starlights)

Hmm.. must check these prices on my realm.

halabar

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:06 am

Only caution is expect to need a decent bit of wisdoms to finish decks without needing to buy singles (but keep an eye on singles that you need, I recent picked some up for some decks for below what the mats cost to make a card is - 150-250g for some cards).

I currently use 2x of my own scribes daily, and have a friend letting me use 2x of his as well. Also have some friends with unused scrolls that let me use their CDs when they remember to actually do them. Also found offering 30-50g per wisdom along with 3 ink of dreams per nets some people willing to do business, although I find obtaining enough inks with 2/4/6 available wisdoms/day hard enough to justify needing even MORE while buying from randoms.
Xfighter

Postby Teranoid » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am

I'm really surprised those trinkets still sell. I guess it does make sense though since I read for some classes in PvP those trinkets are better than Tyrannical trinkets which is kinda pathetic when you think about it :<
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Teranoid wrote:I'm really surprised those trinkets still sell. I guess it does make sense though since I read for some classes in PvP those trinkets are better than Tyrannical trinkets which is kinda pathetic when you think about it :<

It's not that surprising when you consider all the gear normalization that happens in PVP now, and all the nerfs/changes to PVP power and resilience. There are probably some other nice hidden OP things that Blizz unintentionally created along the way..

halabar

Postby Xfighter » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:01 am

Keep in mind that other than spending VP/getting lucky with LFR, that the trinkets are still one of the better ways to boost people's iLvl of new alts in terms of cost & output wise, short of spending 20k+ on a 522 BoE.

Not to mention most will have made 5k+ while questing from 85-90, so it basically pays for the trinket itself.
Xfighter

Postby lythac » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:56 am

Xfighter wrote:Keep in mind that other than spending VP/getting lucky with LFR, that the trinkets are still one of the better ways to boost people's iLvl of new alts in terms of cost & output wise, short of spending 20k+ on a 522 BoE.

Not to mention most will have made 5k+ while questing from 85-90, so it basically pays for the trinket itself.

Also it is near impossible for a LFR player to get trinkets for OS.

My alts Ret MS is 494 with 476/450 trinkets and Holy OS of 470 with 450/429 trinket.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby cdan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:35 am

lythac wrote:
Xfighter wrote:Keep in mind that other than spending VP/getting lucky with LFR, that the trinkets are still one of the better ways to boost people's iLvl of new alts in terms of cost & output wise, short of spending 20k+ on a 522 BoE.

Also it is near impossible for a LFR player to get trinkets for OS.

My alts Ret MS is 494 with 476/450 trinkets and Holy OS of 470 with 450/429 trinket.

Have a few alts feeling this pain...
cdan

Postby Teranoid » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah I've got alts with 500+ ilevels and still have dragonlings >.>
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:12 am

Teranoid wrote:Yeah I've got alts with 500+ ilevels and still have dragonlings >.>

Yep, the dragonlings still sell..

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General