[10H] Ra-Den

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Ra-Den

Postby timoseewho » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Ended up 2-tanking it with a Druid on the boss got greater success!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, HM-7/7M BRF-2/10M, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Gruck » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Galiks wrote:I didnt bother making a video of this as its too straightforward, but here's a screenshot pre-pull of the bar:
http://i.imgur.com/2OMTIJH.jpg

Can't really miss that one!

Thanks. Unfortunately we didn't succeed in killing him yesterday. Apart from some problems with the red orbs, I ended up dying in the transition phase right after soaking red and blue due to the timer resetting and not counting down for the next fatal strike. I think I have to switch to the energie bar next ID. :cry:
Gruck

Postby Grommash » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:53 pm

We ran with two melee as well, they can certainly run out and kill every single red orb without problems. It's obviously not ideal to do so, but those orbs need to die or things get really messy.

From what I could tell, timing wise you shouldn't run into problems with melee running out to any orb and unstable vita shooting off it's laser beam. Basically what I am saying is that melee should be on their way back or the orb should be dead before the timer expires on it.

We had all kinds of mess ups on our kill like having a red orb hit on the third set of balls instead of the fourth set. Don't get discouraged if this happens though, as it's certainly not a wipe. Just keep going and you'll probably get a kill (we did on that one). The boss is INCREDIBLY simple and as long as you can correctly handle the debuff you should be okay, we killed it in four attempts overall.

Something that isn't mentioned that might help people. There is a massive raid damage burst of around 600k. This happens when you first activate the vita phase and every time that you let it reset. So following the first post in this thread your massive raid damage will happen on orb #1, orb #4 and orb #7. Some videos we watched had people popping massive raid CDs (we didn't because we were paranoid about not having them for the second phase). As long as people have defensive CDs up and a decent coverage of spirit shell it shouldn't come close to killing people with current health levels.

We killed it the first time we got to P2. The damage the red orbs do when they die isn't exactly trivial, and having people outside soaking them while not in the main clump of 'OMG HEALING' is asking for death. A lot of videos I saw had people dying when soaking the red ones. As soon as we lusted at 25% we didn't bother having people touch red orbs anymore, it just seemed far too risky.

The most important thing about the elemental adds that spawn in P1 is to just kill them quickly. Sometimes we were perfect in typhoon/thunder storm in a stun then kill them outside of the group and other times we weren't. Just make sure the tank picks it up so it's not meleeing people and that it dies quickly and is stunned/silenced the majority of the time as the chain lightning does do a lot of damage. The explosion when it dies certainly does damage, but it's non-fatal. Just mentioning this because you can easily streamline and make a pretty straight forward boss even more.. well.. straight forward!

Enjoy your epics!
Grommash

Postby Gruck » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Killed him finally last week after 4 trys. I guess in the end everything worked out the way we initially planned, since we didn't change anything in the setup. The energy bar weak aura was defenitly helpful. Thanks again!
Gruck

Postby Schroom » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:35 am

Volitaire wrote:Also finally here is our Kill video for reference for those that would like to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... x4j7-e7UE#!

can't play the Video because it contains music that belongs to EMI :'(

we made our first attempts on him, but then stopped because we want to prepare a little more, without wasting any attempts.

- First Vita we smoke bombed, second barrier, and third we used second barrier. We didn't make it to a fourth but if we did we would have used a Devo Aura on it.

does absorbing the Vita results in an explosion? Or why do you use Raidwalls when he absorbs vita in P2 ?
Schroom

Postby daishan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:50 am

You only get raid wide explosions when he absorbs the orbs in P1.

In P2 each blue orb he absorbs increases his dmg by 5% (I think) and each red orb effectively heals him for a % of his remaining health.

On our first kill we killed the red orbs in P2 until he was sub 25% and had 4 ish ranged soak the explosions, now we just ignore all orbs in P2 and burn the boss.

Edited a little for clarity.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Volitaire » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 am

Schroom wrote:can't play the Video because it contains music that belongs to EMI :'(

Try out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yWOU66Gjbk

The previous was from our priest, this is from our monk. I never got around to actually recording our kill myself.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Schroom » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:44 am

I'm at work now and can't access youtube from here. but I'll check it out later.

but, we killed it yesterday in our 19th attempt. Daishans "Ra-Den Energy Bar" is quite popular now in my guild after they saw the kill video. "DAT ENERGY BAR" :P
Schroom

Postby daishan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:20 am

Schroom wrote:Daishans "Ra-Den Energy Bar" is quite popular now in my guild after they saw the kill video. "DAT ENERGY BAR" :P

Not my energy bar :p I use the WA but wouldn't want to steal credit.

Gz on the kill.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:27 am

thanks. Now cocktails and massages until T16.
Schroom

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Definitely glad I had that giant energy bar. Timing that is a pain in the ass. One of our better attempts was ruined at sub-50% with a Fatal Strike that came 200ms late :X

Killed on the 26th attempt. Shit was tense, but P2 was merciful.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Winkle » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:08 am

I too can attest to the usefulness of the giant Energy bar, what a horrible mechanic to combine with a limited attempt boss.

For those attempting this for the 1st time, focus 100% on the energy bar and nothing else. I also swapped to Divine Purpose from Holy Avenger as the extra procs throughout the fight were nice.
Winkle

Postby Schroom » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 am

I on the other side, like HA. popped it as soon as he started getting energie and didn't have to fokus to much on the energie bar for quite sometime. which A) eliminated a lot of potential SoTR fails, and B) made it easier to get into the rhytm.
Schroom

Postby daishan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:32 am

I'm with Schroom on HA, wait till he's gaining energy then pop it and chill out for the next 30-50 sec depending on procs.

I can definitely see how DP is stronger for the fight, it's just that personally i've hardly run with DP talented at all, so didn't want to change things around for the limited attempt boss and screw things up.
Daishan
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:06 am

I just analyzed the logs from our farmkill yesterday with my guild.

If anyone is still progressing and not sure why he dies and everyone blames it on "bad tank" this is not always true.

if you fail to use your Active mitigation logs look like this:

Code: Select all
[19:01:56.088] Ra-den killed Schroom with Fatal Strike

if however you died on fatal strike and it looks like this:

Code: Select all
[19:34:10.242] Ra-den Fatal Strike Schroom 635594 (O: 20076, A: 4254)

it wasn't really your fault. Your SoTR was up.

the reason was that you wherent healed at > 75% of your health.

yup right: 75% ! why? fatal strikes ignores mastery on SoTR completely. Leaving you with the 25% base reduction from SoTR.

other cooldowns are still nice, because his melee hits hit me with 220k on average so the hit after Fatal strike can be fatal too.

I think this is pretty interesting :)
Schroom

Postby Darielle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:14 pm

I believe the idea is that the 5 abilities abilities will only offer so much as an equalising factor. Having SD up won't just mean you Dodge Fatal Strike after all.

At least it's not Murderous Strike.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:30 pm

yup. but the most annoying thing sit still that he resets his swingtimer when soaking. especially if it is Fatal strike that should have happened and doesn't happen after all. so you have to time exactly when he soaks (although you need big CD because soaking immediately after Fatal strike leaves you at 25% HP)

for the first time I use GoAk + Auramastery and double SoTR just to be sure and pray he doesn't troll me (I guess AD doesn't work on Fatal strike, has anyone ever had the chance to catch a log confirming this?). For the second one I wait with my second HA and start stacking it a couple of seconds before I have to soak. leaving me with guaranteed SoTR. While rotating small CDs available.
Schroom

Postby Kai » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:56 am

if you want to dumb this fight down even more, we started to completely ignore any orbs in P2 now. Especially if the first is not one of the healing/health ones, it's probably the way to go. switching is always a bit messy, people hit a target that's not fully debuffed etc. just zerg the boss and let them all hit, no need to worry about someone soaking the explosion with an immunity either. done that with 1 tank/2 healers for our last 2 kills and just felt like it was even less effort.

also, our tank Monki sais Hi and wonders what you guys are talking about above, y/k. :)
Kai

Postby Riemu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:14 am

We killed it for the first time yesterday, using 1 Tank / 2 Heals. 2 Orb-resets in P1 - Completely ignoring the Orbs in P2 (all of them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilbMDEiOcQE

Thanks btw. for that gigantic WA Runebar. That probably saved me from having a heartattack!
Also that tip "bank all HP for 90 runepower and then 2x SoTR" helped alot!
RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789
Riemu

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:36 am

Schroom, AD doesn't prevent Fatal Strike, you have to have SoTR up.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:10 pm

yup. but the most annoying thing sit still that he resets his swingtimer when soaking. especially if it is Fatal strike that should have happened and doesn't happen after all. so you have to time exactly when he soaks (although you need big CD because soaking immediately after Fatal strike leaves you at 25% HP)

for the first time I use GoAk + Auramastery and double SoTR just to be sure and pray he doesn't troll me (I guess AD doesn't work on Fatal strike, has anyone ever had the chance to catch a log confirming this?). For the second one I wait with my second HA and start stacking it a couple of seconds before I have to soak. leaving me with guaranteed SoTR. While rotating small CDs available.

AD won't prevent the instakill mechanic if you don't have ShoR up, but it will most likely save you if you get killed by damage with ShoR up.

I also noticed he has something that lets him hit other people during P2.
[22:35:14.487] Ra-den hits Export Dodge
[22:35:15.999] Ra-den hits Slashlove 483000 (O: 354810)
[22:35:17.535] Ra-den hits Export Dodge
It wasn't a result of anything silly like Salv, or ThreatRoll or anything like that. He just decided he wanted some pussy.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:41 am

Darielle wrote: He just decided he wanted some pussy.

well least he got some ^^

but seriously Ra-Den and also lei Shen HM are 2 very buggy encounters. which is kinda understandable as only very few players come that far. and even less bugs are reported and even then being taken as serious bug that needs hot-fixing.

even tho it IS frustrating sometimes.
Schroom

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 pm

He just parried a little too hard, is all.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Darielle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:28 am

I noted someone on TIB mentioned that they saw someone else mention Fatal Strike hitting for exactly 75% of health. Time to do some reverse engineering.
Darielle

Postby Xfighter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks for all the tips given on this site ;)

Just got Lei tonight, and was worried about not having another DPS to replace my warrior co-tank who's DPS is pretty low, but still put attempts in anyways.

Ended up getting him down on the 7th pull, with the 6th pull being the next best at 51%. Pulls 1-5 were all wipes within 10-20%.

First 3 pulls we butchered from me not knowing to/missing my Devo's so first hits were multiple deaths. 4th pull was me dying from an add explosion right into a fatal strike for 30k overkill, 5th was a legit fatal strike failing. Divine prot + divine purpose really make fatal strike pretty easy to manage, as like I said only one death from it, and that was from trying to stun an add. On the kill we pushed into p2 just before we had to do the 8th orb hit (I think - I forgot to redo logs after Lei Shen so have no reference point)

To put it into perspective, we ran with:
Prot pally
R Sham
R Druid
2x Shadow
Lock
Rogue
Dk
Warrior
Hunter

We lost 2 DPS at 43% (Lock & Warrior OS DPS), had our DK lagging for most of sub-40, and our hunter DC'd out completely for a decent bit of sub 40 as well. Still got the kill the first time hitting p2, ignoring every orb. RNG was extremely in our favor (first orb vita, then mostly anima until around 20% we got another vita, and then the last vita was headed to the boss as we hit 5%).

Damage wise, I (prot pally) hit 440k or so, and our warrior was at like 80-90k or so dps, with the others dc'd/lagged below 130-140 easily. Me + 2 healers at 120k? or so hps each.

Was a rather shockingly easy boss, especially for my guild that struggled on other fights. Obviously the avg ilvl of 540ish helped in trivializing it, but overall I'd say most guilds who will reach him before the patch shouldn't have any issues at all in killing it, and to not call a wipe if you're close to p2 with people dead - as long as you have vita soakers available to last to p2, keep going and give it a shot.

P.S. Strat we used on vita soaks was everyone /focusing the person ahead of them in the order, and one person calling out "person after x".
Xfighter

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)