Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 am

*facedesk*
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:24 am

hahahaha <3
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 am

Fenrìr wrote:lol, I never really enjoyed any of the FF games. Actually, I haven't ever played any.

Ummm lol?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 am

Nikachelle wrote:Because her breast size is why the game sucked so hard.

Hey, sex sells... so if it ain't selling, clearly it needs more sex!

:P
benebarba

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 am

Klaudandus wrote:
I think at this point, the only way SE can save any face is to redo VII for PS4

If they haven't remade it by this point... I doubt they will. The game graphics are just too old - they'd have to physically remake the entire thing. At least with X and X-2 the graphics weren't awful, they just needed refining. I think VII is pretty much a lost cause.

This has been harped on before, at length, but why the fuck did they ever go to the auto combat system? No one likes NOT controlling their characters. Particularly since we've had that ability since the first freaking game! It actually pains me that I don't like XIII. I've tried twice now to complete it and I just lose interest halfway through. I so badly wanted to love the game and I just can't force myself to. I've gone backwards and am now playing VIII for the first time and I'm just sitting here going "why the hell doesn't XIII play like this?!?!"
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 am

5 apps open left and right in the last three days, one definitive answer... I'm getting slightly nervous...
<--- My face when
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:

If they haven't remade it by this point... I doubt they will. The game graphics are just too old - they'd have to physically remake the entire thing. At least with X and X-2 the graphics weren't awful, they just needed refining. I think VII is pretty much a lost cause.

This has been harped on before, at length, but why the fuck did they ever go to the auto combat system? No one likes NOT controlling their characters. Particularly since we've had that ability since the first freaking game! It actually pains me that I don't like XIII. I've tried twice now to complete it and I just lose interest halfway through. I so badly wanted to love the game and I just can't force myself to. I've gone backwards and am now playing VIII for the first time and I'm just sitting here going "why the hell doesn't XIII play like this?!?!"

My guess is that they wanted the battle system to feel more real time rather than turn based. So in turn, you cannot control all 3 characters at the same time.

It was pretty much the same system used in Star Ocean 3 and Kingdom Hearts, 'cept it actually worked in those games.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 am

But the "helpful" characters in KH were so peripheral that they were almost completely ignored. To the point where when you mentioned it just now I had to think back to what the heck the other characters actually were. God I can't wait for the next KH game.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:55 am

Klaudandus wrote:The game sucked so bad because the bad guys were lame. Vanille was lame. And Lightning's sister was lame... seriously... you spend all the first game seeing Snow do tons of things just to save her, and in the 2nd game, she's prancing around with another dude. I didn't even bother getting XIII-2...

Final Fantasy was shit after IX. Just sayin.

The fact that Squeenix somehow continues to crap out these terrible games amazes me.
Teranoid

Postby Era » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:57 pm

EDIT: While I usually prefer roman numbers, I'll go with "the usual" here since I'm mentioning a few of them.. >_>

I loved the way combat and powers work in 7. And by powers I mean things like materia in 7, junctions in 8, sphere grid in 10 (I don't remember what 9 had - enchanting?), and so on. For me the turning point happened after 10. I found that game to be alright. I played through X-2 but didn't enjoy it that much. Never had time to play it when 12 released, and I've yet to get past the first disc of 13. :(

Frustration: Unskippable cutscenes. Acceptable on first playthrough, infuriating plague on anything after - be it a load game or complete replay.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm

I loved FF7 and FF8, that's it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:54 pm

FF9 has one of the most touching storylines I've ever seen in a video game. I cryed at the end Q_Q
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:03 pm

I tried to like FF9, I guess I don't like that after going two games with being able to set up your party and have the characters be whatever you wanted them to be rather than being fixed to specific RPG archetypes... well..

That's the reason why I havent been able to like any FF game after that.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Jabari » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Frustration: People who like FF8 :P

(The story was ... ok, but the gameplay/combat mechanics were god-awful. Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw AARGH MAKE IT STOP, and then the 20-minute graphic every time you used a summon. *sigh* The music was awesome though.)

As always, FF6 is best FF. (9 is probably second)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:21 pm

I never understood what the stats other than attack and resist were for in FF8 :D Just always used automatically.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General