Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Jabari » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Teranoid wrote:It just feels weird trivializing certain things. Like I tried the 3 undead pet deal on Nitun and got absolutely obliterated. Used a alpine fox howl/dazzling and then 2 shot him with my Kun-Lai runt. Fuck Dos-Ryga though :<

*shrug*

That kind of thing is going to happen sometimes with such rock-paper-scissors mechanics.

As far as the BoF go, you can do all of them (except No-No) easily with a Val'kyr/Water Spirit/<something with Howl, though Chrominius is best>.

UA -> Doom -> Geyser -> Whirlpool -> swap to Chrominius -> Howl. Everything hits all at once under Howl+UA and the BoF just dies. If it doesn't, then Surge of Power on the next turn will do the trick.
(This doesn't work on NoNo - dive and barrier block everything.)

PvP is a bit more fun, though I'm just about tired of baby direhorns and Fiendish Imps... It also can be a bit breed-dependent - you'll need to look for specific types of some pets (usually S/S (pure speed) breeds). That can be annoying.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 pm

No-No was a dick.. till I just introduced him to my Moth army :P
Teranoid

Postby Ruldar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:03 am

That Val'kyr/Water Spirit/Chrominius combination sounds like a lot of fun, but I gave up on the BoF quests after the changes in 5.3. I spent weeks chain running it in 5.2 though, so I had already gotten pretty much everything out of it that I wanted (as in, lots of blue upgrade stones).
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:20 am

BoF seem doubly effected by Stampede, at least when I did them regularly post change, as it looked like it completely negated their 50% damage reduction. I'd have my Direhorn Runt stampede and then do the always go first rush attack and it'd hit for near 4 digits.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:32 am

Teranoid wrote:No-No was a dick.. till I just introduced him to my Moth army :P

LOL yeah, same thing I do to him!

Ruldar wrote:That Val'kyr/Water Spirit/Chrominius combination sounds like a lot of fun, but I gave up on the BoF quests after the changes in 5.3. I spent weeks chain running it in 5.2 though, so I had already gotten pretty much everything out of it that I wanted (as in, lots of blue upgrade stones).

Ah. That's actually what I'm after now - I need a Humanoid stone for my Moonlight team. Sporeling Sprouts are rare enough, and have way too many breeds. Found the S/S one I was after but it's a poor - need a stone for it. 3 bags from them is nice now instead of just 1!

Flex wrote:BoF seem doubly effected by Stampede, at least when I did them regularly post change, as it looked like it completely negated their 50% damage reduction. I'd have my Direhorn Runt stampede and then do the always go first rush attack and it'd hit for near 4 digits.

Interesting. I somehow still don't have a runt - I have like 900 bones (close to the porcupette!) and haven't seen a drop yet. :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Argh. I'm now getting into this because I really want the Qiraji Guardling I saw flitting about yesterday. And somehow, I picked up a trio of Arcane Eyes, and a single Restless Shadeling, too.

I was thinking of leapfrogging to 25, and getting my Anubisath whatever up because I like his sandstorm ability.

Any other tips?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Well one tip is don't get attached to Sandstorm because it's getting the shit nerfed out of it.
Teranoid

Postby Jabari » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Amirya wrote:Argh. I'm now getting into this because I really want the Qiraji Guardling I saw flitting about yesterday. And somehow, I picked up a trio of Arcane Eyes, and a single Restless Shadeling, too.

I was thinking of leapfrogging to 25, and getting my Anubisath whatever up because I like his sandstorm ability.

Any other tips?

What do you want to do with it? Just collecting stuff or doing pet PvP?

Either way, it's probably best to just leapfrog to 25 (should be easy now that you have the Eyes - I think you can go to Dragonblight and get lvl 23-ish bone condors with those), and then you can level anything else up pretty quickly with the tamer dailies.

Teranoid wrote:Well one tip is don't get attached to Sandstorm because it's getting the shit nerfed out of it.

No different than what they did to Call Darkness. Not sure why Moonlight and Blizzard get exempted - those should all act the same. *shrug* Sandstorm will still be very good.
Jabari

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Just collecting, I'm not big into pvp, and I can't imagine pet pvp is any better. I like to assign a particular pet to a particular alt (like the crimson whelpling with my paladin), so the more unique, the better.

Thanks, I'll try and hit Dragonblight tonight with the Eyes, then, take a look and see what happens.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:37 am

Now that I've figured out that the Anub Idol can solo two of the 3 VoEB trainer pets (sometimes all 3), I've been using it in tandam with the VotFW trainer to help boost up mid level pets quickly (level 10+).

Are there any other trainers that are significantly weak to certain pets (aside from the obvious snail<->elemental bosses)?

For reference, the Anub's shield totally neuters any damage/debuff from the cricket, his deflection removes the big lightning storm hit from the dragon, the shield blocks the extra damage from lighting storm, and his big dragon attack (crush??) kills the dragon pretty quickly. If he doesn't have some unlucky misses, he can also take out most of the aquatic pet too so your lowbie can finish the job.
jere

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 am

I need to get my Idol up a bit more, then I will probably level him in tandem with my blue Unborn Val'kyr. But so far, I can't quite figure out the purpose of needing to hit level 25 on pets in BC just to beat Antari, because I really really dislike that motherfucker.

(My team for him is a blue Wild Crimson Hatchling, a blue Eternal Strider, and a green Masked Tanuki.)
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 am

jere wrote:Are there any other trainers that are significantly weak to certain pets (aside from the obvious snail<->elemental bosses)?
<snip>
... so your lowbie can finish the job.

First, no need for the lowbie to finish the job. Start with Anub, cast Sandstorm, swap to lowbie, then immediately swap back to the Anub. Sandstorm blocks all damage to the lowbie so it's safe for that turn, and once it's "exposed" for a turn it'll get XP. Just use a random flyer (i.e., a moth) to get the last guy (aquatic, IIRC).

The Anub can also take out the first two pets from Yon (Kun-lai). Use a random Mech for the last guy. Similar deal swapping the lowbie in, though you'll want to make sure it doesn't get hit by the Fly attack. (Use Deflection for that)

Note that you can actually level pets from level 1 for both of those.

I also use Moruk (Krasarong) and Zusshi (Townlong) to level pets, but the lowbie actually has to (usually) do some work for both of those, so I only do those with my level 20-ish ones. *shrug* Don't have my notes with me, can't remember what I use. (Pretty sure Clockwork and Moth for Mo'ruk, though)
Jabari

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 am

Infinite Whelpling can take out nearly the entire Air Spirit team itself. Toss in a snail or dragonkin for a backup pet and you should be good.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby jere » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:01 am

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2660 ... -incoming/

Like any good webmasters, we look at World of Warcraft site stats on a regular basis, and we're always evaluating which aspects of the site people find most useful. Over time, we've identified a few areas that players don't really seem to visit but that still require a bit of effort for us to keep updated each time we release a new content update. For most of these, it's pretty obvious why they don't draw a lot of attention-they tend to focus on things that are simply more compelling to look at inside the game, are a "given," or are already well-served and readily available elsewhere, like on fansites.

Early next week we'll be doing some cleanup and removing the following rarely visited, higher-maintenance sections from the World of Warcraft website:

Character Profiles

Pets & Mounts
Hunter Pets
Professions

Kinda sad to see this go. Any other websites provided this functionality outside of game (don't always have access to the game when I use it)? Specifically seeing which pets I personally don't have vs have. The only sites I have seen so far either weren't up to date or had me manually enter all my pets, which will take forever on a 500+ collection
jere

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:13 am

Warcraftpets.com is a great place for you to find what pets you don't have.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General