Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:12 am

Annabelle wrote:
Lelldorin wrote:If not taunting back works you can always BoP the tank, that should do it :)

I could easily taunt it back but then it becomes a childish game, mine, mine, mine, mine *pulls mob back and forth*

I'll talk to the tanks before I do something to cause another guildie to die. I want to look like the bigger man for keeping my cool and doing my job properly. I used to be a rogue and I seemed to get along fine with the tanks. Same person, different class seems to make such a difference.
Tried having a conversation with him and a couple other people watching? Pull them into a channel and talk about it. Guild's tankadin was all emo till yesterday because of this kind of shit.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dehn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:50 am

Riyan wrote:Still walking around with Nexus-Guard's Pauldrons... ;-(

I'm exalted with Sha'tar from running Botanica for Spaulders of the Righteous
I'm exalted with the Violet Eye and have never seen the Mantle of Abrahmis drop either.
Done several Heroic Sethekk Halls runs, and never got the Spaulders of Dementia to drop.

Bah, hopefully either Maulgar or VR will drop T4/T5 paladin shoulders this week! Walking around with green shoulders sucks! :x

I was the same way.. only to have the mantle drop the day before I got my t4 :)
Dehn

Postby ulushnar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:01 am

Been running Gruul for the past few weeks to get the ALD to counteract my definency in Defense. It never dropped. Last night I go with my Hunter and sure enough, it dropped.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:28 am

Ulushnar wrote:Been running Gruul for the past few weeks to get the ALD to counteract my definency in Defense. It never dropped. Last night I go with my Hunter and sure enough, it dropped.
Although I'm undeniably lucky with drops, I feel you, man. Figurine didn't drop so far, I got *all* my thrallmar rep from running SH. Friendly to revered ain't a small feat if you only go in 1 instance.

Then there's Sun Eater and JadeSkull...never got those either. I already gave up on jadeskull actually. that bitch drops all the time when i do it on my warlock...Same for sun eater.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lakirby » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:18 am

Still no T4 shoulders or ALD :<

(killed Maulgar, Gruul and Magtheridon last night: Defender/Hero, Defender/Hero, Defender/Hero.)
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Diocaska » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:55 am

being lame this week IRL :(
Last edited by Diocaska on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Lollore » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:32 am

Destro locks who get Nightfall procs on the 1st tick of Corruption when I'm trying to LoS a pack of mobs and the SB happens to crit.

Also Dual Shamans with Chain Lightning and LO procs.
Lollore

Postby Dazhbog » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:01 pm

I was in a heroic SV run last night where the rogue kept yelling at me to let him sap, and that I was being too impatient with the shield on patrols where he'd sap one (i.e. to let the others move away before shielding to not break sap). Oh, and the mage trying to sheep things and getting huffy when they got into consecrate.

Nevermind the fact that all the CC wasn't required. If it hadn't been 3 in the morning I would probably have been a lot more argumentative.
Dazhbog

Postby Catriona » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 pm

The group I regularly run with has taken to /rofl-ing at people who ask which symbol is sap or sheep when we take someone new.

I just respond, "Don't worry about CC, I'm a pally tank."
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Lakirby » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:18 am

Possibly having made an absolute balls of my trial period with my new guild due to having been sick the whole time IRL, with all added moodiness and ninja-AFK'ing for painkillers ><
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Signum » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:46 am

Saturday night, clearing Karazhan. Pull the last pack of trash before Curator and half the raid disconnects. We manage to kill the mobs, then everyone else disconnects. Can't get back in for over an hour. Boo AT&T.

Sunday night, Gruul raid. We finish killing HKM and are about to start clearing to Gruul, server goes down for almost an hour. We manage to actually get almost the entire raid back online and into the instance, and sub in replacements. We wipe 5 times to Gruul and call the raid. Only afterwards do I find out from my guild leader that "paladins can't tank Gruul". Ugh!
Signum

Postby Cynnammon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 am

Signum wrote:Saturday night, clearing Karazhan. Pull the last pack of trash before Curator and half the raid disconnects. We manage to kill the mobs, then everyone else disconnects. Can't get back in for over an hour. Boo AT&T.

same thing happened on our server during a heroic run. didn't affect everybody though, but we had to scramble to find a replacement. the replacement was crappy at CC though, kept on breaking his own traps and not feigning death when he broke the trap so i could pick it up.

that was the same night as our multiple attempt at Moroes. the one holy priest in our guild suddenly decided that she did not enjoy playing her priest anymore, and isn't getting her keyed for kara. we ended up having to grab a shadow priest from another guild for shackle on Moroes, and we finally got him down. previously mentioned hunter couldn't trap in there for the life of him :roll:
Cynnammon

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Let's talk about frustration

7 fatal attraction on the raid in a row, ffs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Novariety » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Ulushnar wrote:Been running Gruul for the past few weeks to get the ALD to counteract my definency in Defense. It never dropped. Last night I go with my Hunter and sure enough, it dropped.

I feel your pain, I only need 2 items in Kara, maiden's gloves and the pocketwatch. I run with my pally and both never drop, we then had an alt run on the weekend and sure enough the gloves drop :(. I think I will be getting my T5's before maiden gives me hers.

However I did get my ALD late last week on a very rare trip into Gruul's :).
Novariety

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Having since hit 70, I have a List of things I want to make myself the best tank I can be (I'm already the best tank for my guild, since the last two apparently didn't know how to gear, or were trying to keep as much mana as they did health...).

Nothing on that List includes pvp/arena gear.

Friend: You need to PVP!
Me: Why?
Friend: Quickest way to get good gear for heroics and Kara, to start with.
Me: I am in no hurry, there are only two people in my guild keyed for Kara, and I am not one of them yet. Plus, you KNOW I dislike PVP.
Friend: Go do AV, damnit.
Me: ......

I don't like to PVP except on my rogue a little bit, damnit all. QUIT TRYING TO MAKE ME PVP....it'll just make me go hide out on my wimpy little shaman.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General