[25H] Dark Animus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[25H] Dark Animus

Postby Thels » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:23 am

Hi,

Assuming a 3 tank fight, with a Paladin and a DK on the Massive Golems, would it be useful to try and gimmick around the Explosive Slam, or would it be better to have both tanks switch both the mobs around constantly?
ImageImage
Thels

Re: [25H] Dark Animus

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:30 am

I assume the debuffs aren't much different from 10m 3-tanking it?

I wouldn't say constantly switch, but maybe have one tank reset their stacks while the other two swap. If someone goes down you'll want one tank with both Massives to keep it under some control.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Darielle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:08 am

When it comes down to it, one of the Massives is going to have a few Empower stacks once the 2:00 mark comes up. That should be tanked by someone with low Slam stacks, so use resets to pull that off since you have them.

Aka, have the DK tank the Massive that will be Empowered, reset every time AMS is up. The Paladin can reset as well, or trade, but even if you trade there will only be one swap when Animus is fairly low.
Darielle

Postby Thels » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Weaving resets in with the switches is certainly viable. The DK can reset his if he's only tanking one. Not viable if he's tanking two. I can use DS to reset, but BoP doesn't work, so that's only one reset every 2.5 minutes. That would be around 10 stacks, which sounds like far too much.

I guess resetting early on when things are chaotic and everything's moving around might help.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Darielle » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:08 am

Early on it's pretty pointless. Animus will be empowering small Golems, like the one you should have parked on your Animus tank, the Slam will tickle. There should not be a reset necessarily at all until Animus starts Siphoning and his Empowers are about to start happening on the Massive Golem, around 2:20 or 2:30 in.

You can easily do one Reset with Bubble at 6 stacks, then do a swap with the Animus tank on the next 6. Animus should be dead by the time 6 stacks comes up again.
Darielle

Postby Thels » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:32 am

Yeah, that's what I meant by early on... Around the time we'd have to do the first swap, just bubble instead of swapping to keep the fight less chaotic.

Thanks for the advise. :)
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Forgrim » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 am

if dps isn't an issue, just four tank it and go on with your life.
Forgrim

Postby Promdates » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:55 pm

3 tank it. DK solo tanks his the entire fight, using AMS just before the golem finishes casting the 4th slam. Have the paladin and the "DA" tank swap ever 3 slam debuffs. If you want videos, we have killed it 3 times and we have video of both me and the other paladin tanking it from our point of views. Mine has mumble commentary as well.

http://www.youtube.com/praet0rians - my pov (animus tank)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXayjpOzmFo - massive tank
Promdates

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)