Remove Advertisements

[10H] Durumu

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Durumu

Postby Schroom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:11 pm

the second one is where he puts on his light show right?

don't really ever had trouble with this. we are genereally stacked at a certain point (allthough melee behind the boss of course) and the tank a bit more to the right. this allows an easy lifeleach rotation.

it also means we are stacked in one quadrant (which technically isn't a quadrant btw ^^)

we first destroy the wall before him, before the lightshow actually starts. then we spread out, calling out where which add is hidden and checking if everyone got a partner in his lightthingy. We also use devoaura and maybe other healingtimers (as I'm a tank I don't really get everything they do in the background.)

seom tips. a firemage should be able to spread his combustion to every pillar if done right.
multidoting is king here.
a mage can also blink through the Boss into another quadrant if needed. Same goes for druids with direbeast.

the warrior jump doesn't work anymore for this. they hotfixed it.
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 am

i think its the second light show when wall and light show overlaps. I very much doubt you have the wall down before the light show happens, at least that would be pretty awesome dps as you only have ~5 seconds. with a destro warlock and an elemental shaman, the wall we stand next to is down about 3-4 seconds after light show marks the adds.
that part is the only annoying part of the fight as the timers won't collide like that again.

we have 3 guys putting down raid marks for the red adds and one guy each on blue and yellow. note that there are TWO yellow adds, but in our experience they are generally within 10-15y of each other. so we mark one and the guy with the yellow beam runs opposite of the raid mark. the team then randomly goes clockwise or counterclockwise, but that gives you enough time to finish off the red ones.
if you uncover a yellow one, no need to panic and just have the dps zerg it down. if you uncover a blue one, same stuff but ignore it. make sure the guy with the blue beam stands still and doesn't move the beam off the add and just deal with the red ones asap.

as schroom said, you can blink or demonic portal through the ice wall. whenever wall is about to come up, all range dps + healers bunch up 15y to the right side of the tank. if you stand behind the tank and get targeted by drain life, you're screwed (or the tank has to move to one side quickyl, before the wall spawns).
we have the area split up for the 3 guys marking the red adds. tank marks on the opposite site of his position, a mage marks to the left of the tank and someone else to the right. we all stand on the right, so the mage blinks through the ice wall and can see that part of the room, although you can see it good enough from the other side anyway, but just for simplicity.

during that phase when it goes ice wall -> light show, you'll also have drain life to deal with during the beam phase and a parasite spawning. it's by far the messiest part of the encounter, if you get through that, you should be very close to a kill.
Kai

Postby Schroom » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:33 am

Kai wrote: I very much doubt you have the wall down before the light show happens, at least that would be pretty awesome dps as you only have ~5 seconds. with a destro warlock and an elemental shaman, the wall we stand next to is down about 3-4 seconds after light show marks the adds.

here is my livestream from yesterday. http://www.twitch.tv/therealschroom/b/435257459

start at ~2:25:30

the front wall is destroyed about 2-3 seconds bevor the lightshow becomes active (and it's only then the raiddamage starts) second wall is at 3% third wall at 22% (if you pause at 2:26:00)
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:06 am

I think we are talking about different things here. I thought light show means 'lichtsprektrum', when the positions of the lurkers are revealed for a second. the second light's spectrum happens 6-7 seconds before an ice wall. as you can see in your video at 2:25:50. your ice walls are on 60% then, pretty much the same as ours. I guess you meant the beams becoming active? yeah, by then the ice walls have to be down, but that should not be a problem.
Having even just one of them dead when the light's spectrum reveals the lurker positions requires some serious burst dps though.
Kai

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Thank you for posting that video. It looks like our general concept is fine -- gather in one section (yes, it's not technically a quadrant) then work your way out from there.

I think our problem is going to be making sure we're split amongst the cones properly so no one gets gibbed, but that's a communication issue.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:47 pm

yep when the beams become active is what I meant. because it is only THEN when they start damaging the raid. they can basically be ignored before that and only helps to see who gets what beam?, where is my add?, how do I have to position myself in coming couple of seconds?

and for the Single tank it usually means -> GoAK. ^^

(also I wait until the first icewall is down, sometimes it had the impression the Boss will LoS when I bubble /cancelaura and hit our mage.)(in the try int he video my cancelaura wouldn't work emediatly for some reason... I use a /cancelaura Hand of Protection /cast Crusader Strike macro, so I can keep up my roation.)
Schroom

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)