Remove Advertisements

[10H] Council of Elders

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Council of Elders

Postby Darielle » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:45 pm

For Frostbite? DS definitely works, along with Iceblock, so there's no debate there.

Also bear in mind that Frostbite cannot target a melee or tank, and there's nothign else to HoP on the fight anyway.
Darielle

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Belloc wrote:I've also been hearing that a Hand of Protection, used during the pre-frost bite arrow, will remove Frost Bite. It's a short window, of course, but people are already doing this with other immunities so it's not impossible.

I'd like it if someone could confirm, because I haven't heard of anyone using HoP until this week and it'd be great if it were true.

To clarify, I'm pretty sure BoP does not work. Only DS/IB.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Belloc » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 am

I'm going to quote on the Hand of Protection thing:
Frostbite:
- hand of protection from holypala, if his/her reacts are very good use it as fast as possible on the player with the blue arrow and the debuff won't come

Someone challenges it, saying "of course it doesn't work," and he replies,

plz don't say it won't work, if you never tryed it. here the proof @1:32 look to our diszipriest, he got the arrow and our holypala with superreactions give him Hand of Protection...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pJBOeV ... page#t=89s

I can't watch the video at work, but comments on the youtube page back up the claims of the person who posted it. Specifically,
Hi there, I would like to ask, how come come your paladin is able to pre cast bubble on your disc priest for the frost bite debuff on 1:35. Is it on purpose, or do you have some sort of trick to that (target of target macro or something like that).
and
He start Holding (before the Fristbite comes) HoP rdy to instandly click it over the person @ this bossfight its the only moment where he isn't using his raidframe for HoP, but the Holypala need horrible good reflexes, its a window of 0,5sec. after seeing the arrow.

In other words, Hand of Protection works just fine as long as you have the reflexes to both see the arrow and cast it on the target before frostbite is applied.
Belloc

Postby Winkle » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:57 am

Belloc wrote:In other words, Hand of Protection works just fine as long as you have the reflexes to both see the arrow and cast it on the target before frostbite is applied.

That's some serious fast reaction time, alternatively you could just pre-cast it on someone for a chance at getting lucky.
Winkle

Postby Schroom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:25 am

exactly that's how we do it. we keep an eye on the timer. and have our calsses with imunities use their's. Me and my Holy paladin cast BoP on 2 Players that have no immunities -> win.

we only get 3 frostbites. so we use Brez usually for the one we can't prevent, just ignoring the mechanic completely.
Schroom

Postby Paoanii » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:38 am

Schroom wrote:exactly that's how we do it. we keep an eye on the timer. and have our calsses with imunities use their's. Me and my Holy paladin cast BoP on 2 Players that have no immunities -> win.

we only get 3 frostbites. so we use Brez usually for the one we can't prevent, just ignoring the mechanic completely.

We take a similar approach. We use Smoke Bomb on top of the boss for the first Frostbite (prevents the cast entirely) then on the second me and our holy pally each BoP 2 people to cover those without immunities while all of the other ranged sit in ice block/bubble/etc.
Paoanii

Postby Schroom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:01 pm

yeah it's even better, but it requires a rogue to do that. A luxury we just don't have ^^
Schroom

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)