[10N] Iron Qon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Iron Qon

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:15 am

Finally got to this boss... Any quick tips?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Re: [10N] Iron Qon

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:52 am

Solotank :-p

What's your typical roundup?

P1 and 2 are typically where the problems arise - P1 requires good planning and preparation to control his energy, whereas P2 is all about individual responsibility (and keep your f*cking range for the lightning debuff).

what I can say from the get-go: If your dps is badass, throw BL just after the first tornado-thingie. If you can push him to P3 before he does it again, that's that much less trouble. If damage is iffy and an enrage threatens, blow it once in P1 and once in P4.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:45 am

we're currently dying to tornadoes, we secretly think they have sharks in them.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:53 am

Heh. You probably know them, but here's a handful of tricks:

Warlocks - Portal/Gate is awesome.
Priests for Life Grip
Druids for the speed roar.

With a +70% speed or something, you can basically zip in a straight line and be safe (i.e. Spec speed of light)

EDIT: Also, blow a couple raid CDs that *reduce damage* but avoid healing CDs until everyone is out of the tornadoes.

Maybe try and get a BL rolling when the tornado is done and Qon is back in melee to push him to P3 before a second tornado. If you do so, warn the healers that the tail end of P4 will be iffy.

Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 am

gotcha.
---
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:37 am

A Warlock can make the tornadoes very easy. Drop the portal on top of the spot everyone starts at, with its end point off by the safe area (I think the range is slightly short, so you have to take a couple steps at one end or the other). 5 people take that, Warlock uses their own teleport, if you have a Druid they use Symbiosis teleport, that's 7 people not running through tornadoes. Make the last 3 classes that have their own sprints, or just the players best at dodging.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 am

(Or bring two locks!)

Seriously, Locks and Pallies are stupid strong on this guy.

Sagara

Postby Chmur » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:26 am

Symbiosis on warrior gives them roar, too.

What works best for me and I taught the guild to try it out - most people run straight through to the entrance portal on tornadoes. I found that running diagonally towards the edges of the narrow part of the room (towards the tunnel you entered from) makes it way easier to navigate between tornadoes while still pushing onwards at good pace. Once I am out, I throw AoE Healhammer on stacking spot and watch with LoH for anyone not so fortunate.

Single tanking this fight makes handling P1 stupidly easy. The way we do it is that I separate raid in 3 groups, put down triangle of flares and mark healer with corresponding colour. "Melee" group starts stacked, gets 2 stacks of fire debuff bullshit then spreads, then other groups. Primary stacking point is the flare (raid marker) and shall that one be obscured by spears and whatnot, stack on the marked healer. We blow BL there at start and usually push phase on 2nd group taking 2nd round of stacking. Little note for melee group - make sure they stack at max melee range from boss so you don't get accidentaly clipped by the debuff.

P3 is piss easy unless you have dumb dps that off themselves on the damage reflection.

P4 just go through raid cooldowns for the fist smash, reuse BL if you can and get them lewtz.
Chmur

Postby Belloc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:10 am

Remember that if anyone gets hit by a tornado, they're probably going to die. Some players will probably die to this a lot, but hopefully they'll get better over time. The tornadoes always move in exactly the same pattern, so once you've learned it, it should be easy.

If people are dying during the tornado phase WITHOUT being hit by a tornado, then they're almost certainly dying to Arcing Lightning. The fix to that is to have those players run in separate directions. If everyone is running in a straight line, all grouped up, they're killing each other. Encourage your runners to take different paths (for instance, I usually run out diagonally to the left, since no one in my group seems to go that direction).

If you find that you simply cannot survive the tornado phase for whatever reason, you can always try having your raid remain stacked up and have no one leave. Pop AOE survival cooldowns and just heal through the damage. This may or may not work for your group, depending on how strong your heals are. I don't suggest this strategy, as it's clearly not intended and encourages poor play, but it works for some groups.

Finally, you can Line of Sight the Wind Storm, if you're desperate enough. This hasn't been officially declared an exploit, but a lot of people consider it to be. Again, I suggest against doing so, but if you do end up going with it, the LoS spots are the alcoves near the staircase in the back of the room (near the exit portal). If you decide to go with that, you have to be back there when Wind Storm is cast and you have to exit the alcove immediately after, lest you kill each other with arcing lightning.
Belloc

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Problem with standing still and healing through it would be your raid group still being in the middle of the storm when it ends and the tornadoes start moving randomly.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby daishan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:15 am

Belloc wrote:Finally, you can Line of Sight the Wind Storm, if you're desperate enough. This hasn't been officially declared an exploit, but a lot of people consider it to be. Again, I suggest against doing so, but if you do end up going with it, the LoS spots are the alcoves near the staircase in the back of the room (near the exit portal). If you decide to go with that, you have to be back there when Wind Storm is cast and you have to exit the alcove immediately after, lest you kill each other with arcing lightning.

We never used this tactic but as a tank you can end up resetting the encounter if you stand in the alcoves, so I'd imagine the tank if no one else still has to do the tornados.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:52 pm

We never used this tactic but as a tank you can end up resetting the encounter if you stand in the alcoves, so I'd imagine the tank if no one else still has to do the tornados.

There's probably enough time for when Iron Qon jumps himself to the center and starts pulling you in for the tank to make it out of LOS or for him to be gripped there.
Darielle

Postby Belloc » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:33 am

Darielle wrote:

There's probably enough time for when Iron Qon jumps himself to the center and starts pulling you in for the tank to make it out of LOS or for him to be gripped there.

The one time I actually used this strategy, I did get pulled in to the middle of the room. It didn't matter, though, since no one else was there to bombard me with arcing lightning.

Arcing lightning is the only thing that has ever really made Wind Storm even remotely dangerous. Even the tornadoes aren't so bad if you haven't lost half of your health to the arcing lightning.
Belloc

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)