[10H] Twin Consorts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Twin Consorts

Postby Darielle » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:46 am

Yep, any tank can pull it off, because the Beast dies extremely fast when you focus on it with offensive and/or defensive cooldowns.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:38 am

Sagara wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:Well, the concept is that healers get a nasty stacking debuff for any direct healing done to the Beast tank.

We're Paladins! Healing is for wussies like Warriors! :lol:

Although, seriously, I've been tanking Lu'lin+Beast on 10H without much of a hiccup - HA on the first, WoG + AD for the second, and WoG + LoH should do the trick on the third.

exactly. I don't need a healer for this.... they hit like a pussy. I used wings / HA at first when i tried this. but meanwhile I don't even need any offensive cooldowns anymore... maybe a WoG nw and then. by offensive cooldowns go on the boss for max deps.

our second tank gathers the adds in p1 because he got nothing else to 2. wings + HA is ready again when P2 starts. I taunt the second boss asap it apears, alls oofensive CD + cleeve the shit out of it for No1 DPS and Healers that are bored :)

only then, in P2 when I got my 2 stacks is the first time ever our second tank gets anything to tank really.
Schroom

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 am

/shrug...I'd hate to be tanking with you personally. I already hate tanking with a monk with how easily they rip threat and do substantially more dps than I and he's the sort of person who just sets up things to help his dps. I sort of dislike how tanks just want to solo tank just because they can due to class or because they want to do big dps numbers; which is probably my biggest hatred reason for vengeance. Just because you're doing good dps due to vengeance, so you tank everything, means your co-tank is struggling to do anything, and you've basically regulated him to bitch duty which probably isn't fun for him and may cause him to quit. But if you shared the duties (so long as you're not tanking with a monk), both of your dps would still be equal or near enough to it for overall raid dps equalization vs the same dps of you just tanking the bosses and him essentially white swinging.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 am

Simmer down, sugarcube... Half of this is bravado, and When the chips are down, I'd rather warm the bench than annoy them ;-)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Magnilda » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 am

Fenrìr wrote:/shrug...I'd hate to be tanking with you personally. I already hate tanking with a monk with how easily they rip threat and do substantially more dps than I and he's the sort of person who just sets up things to help his dps. I sort of dislike how tanks just want to solo tank just because they can due to class or because they want to do big dps numbers; which is probably my biggest hatred reason for vengeance. Just because you're doing good dps due to vengeance, so you tank everything, means your co-tank is struggling to do anything, and you've basically regulated him to bitch duty which probably isn't fun for him and may cause him to quit. But if you shared the duties (so long as you're not tanking with a monk), both of your dps would still be equal or near enough to it for overall raid dps equalization vs the same dps of you just tanking the bosses and him essentially white swinging.

Solo tanking the first phase isn't about showing off. It's a simple and effective way to do it. Having the other tank responsible for the adds and maybe some pillar drawing increases the raids dps output.

Sometimes people (whatever role they play) have shit/boring jobs on boss fights, they have to accept that. Anyone who had to tank the add on Vezax heroic knows how dull this game can be.
Magnilda

Postby Schroom » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Magnilda wrote:Solo tanking the first phase isn't about showing off. It's a simple and effective way to do it. Having the other tank responsible for the adds and maybe some pillar drawing increases the raids dps output.

Sometimes people (whatever role they play) have shit/boring jobs on boss fights, they have to accept that. Anyone who had to tank the add on Vezax heroic knows how dull this game can be.

this :> also my maintankpartner is a warrior who si gememd for stamina . so his DPS IS shitty. it's a fact. the class is totally underpowered on DPS atm. and even when we taunt and share a boss I do almost double the DPS of his. (let's hoe for 5.4 for tha warries.)

On twins however, as our warrior was having a break when we progressed it, our feral druid, went guardian. So it was nice for him actually to have less tanking responsibility :) also he had a huge advantage on catching the adds, with his sprints and his charge and so on. also ALL the dps can focus on the Boss, and you don't need to put a DPS on add duty. All together a DPS win.
Schroom

Postby Lehvin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Do the bosses deflect crane damage when channeling Inferno/Tidal?
Lehvin

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)