Shattered Halls 2nd Boss; I can't keep aggro =(

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:44 pm

I tend to open with AS, then judge crusader, and sov stacks, judging as necessary. As AS comes available (29s into fight) he will tend to swap, AW +AS brings him back, then consc and judgements should hold him. He only has the two tables so it should be nice and easy once you are on both.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 am

DId it my first time in heroic...exactly the same strategy. Just make the dpsers start slow and let you gain a couple thousand threat after the switch and you'll be fine.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ricmrune » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:09 pm

I do a different strat. I put on my heal gear. Tank him up until he switches. Whoever he's on becomes the "tank" and you heal him. If its a clothie like a priest, BOP. Whenever I pug H SH I try to keep in mind not having too many clothies that have low stam or can't ice block. A hunter is good for giving you MD after the first switch.
ricmrune

Postby Viycktor » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:34 pm

I have to say that you guys rock. I did Heroic Shattered Halls last night with a pug (arguably a pug with 2 very skilled players who I'm very happy to now have a good reputation with) and completed it in time.

We wiped once on the gauntlet... but that was partially my fault and miscommunication with the healer (somehow she got out of combat and was rezzing someone when I pulled more than 2).

We one shotted every boss, and I used the tricks here for the second boss.
I tossed on some spell damage hybrid pieces (sacrificing avoidance but not stamina) and did exactly as other have said, wait for him to switch, pop wings, AS+judge... the mage still pulled threat... and ran *away* from me (ugh), but I was able to toss out a few more judgments and get him back under control (the mage lived... maybe iceblocked) and kept him for the rest of the fight after that.

To be fair, our healer was freaking awesome... and there was a shadow priest to even it out. (plus all the dps was pretty darned good!)

That meant 4 clothies + me for the last boss... fortunately with some PvP gear, imp, and fort... everyone had enough hp to eat the blade dance just fine (the mage ice blocked the 1st one). Great run, and thanks to alot of the tips posted here!
Viycktor

Postby Evangelina » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:51 pm

I have no problem to get the boss back, but I have problems with mana :\
Usually I start without AW and AS and judge him with wisdom. But I'm oom very quickly after I get him back so I can't keep him for a long time.
Maybe I should buff myself with wisdom or change my gear to take more damage.
Naxxramas
Evangelina

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:09 am

Evangelina wrote:I have no problem to get the boss back, but I have problems with mana :\
Usually I start without AW and AS and judge him with wisdom. But I'm oom very quickly after I get him back so I can't keep him for a long time.
Maybe I should buff myself with wisdom or change my gear to take more damage.
Mana is how I lose aggro on him, if I don't have a shadow priest I just bite the bullet and pick a potion. Judging wisdom after you reestabilish aggro helps a lot. Many use a threat set on this fight, since he doesn't hit hard.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Wakeman » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:15 am

Arkellian wrote:Each head has it's own threat list,

This is the key point.

For the 1st head you get aggro in the beginning as usual.

For the 2nd head, ask your dps and healer to look for the boss emote. When it yell something, it is changing head. Everyone else must stop their action at this point. You should have consecretion keep ticking from the beginning. When it change head, Avenger shield + Justice of Righteous will put you back on the top of the 2nd head aggro list. Told the dps to resume when you are pretty sure that the boss is sticking to you. Then the rest of the fight is just tank N sprank as you now have the top aggro on both list.

Skills such as rogues' vanish, mages' iceblock, hunters' feign death are handy here.

I did this many times in normal and 1st time in heroic last night. Actually, our 3 dps hadn't even fought that boss on normal level (thx to the 2.3 changes that honored can join Heroics :roll: ). We one-shot him without any causalty.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 am

The 2nd aggro list is actually easier to stay on once you get going (as your dps will likely forget the first list if he changes back), 29s or so into the fight hit AW, AS, judgement of whatever and smack him back to you, don't switch to a judged wisdom till after this change, use crusader to maximise your threat as your dps will miss it occasionally, and since you are now likely out of melee range you need 130% of their threat to pull him back to you, which is often enough time to lose a clothie if your healer isn't awake.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 am

Wakeman wrote:Skills such as rogues' vanish, mages' iceblock, hunters' feign death are handy here.

The only downside to this is when the f-ing hunter in the group has to prove he is Uber-Badness and refuses to drop aggro.

I really should have left that group when the f-ing mage-group leader ignored the rest of us about a certain rogue and brought in this f-ing hunter.

But I just couldn't abandon the healer and the decent mage...

/ignore Huntard the Supreme
/ignore Mage the Moron

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby mazater » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:51 am

Whenever I'm "tanking" this fellow, I pop up my retri set and pewpew DPS since I can't keep the aggro.

A clothie dies sometimes, but that's only a clothie.
mazater

Postby tuberon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:07 am

When I tank him, I have the rest of the group stop and pretend it's a fresh pull.

"Okay, aggro dump, it's a new ballgame, I get a few seconds to rebuild my aggro lead, or I let you die."

One guy didn't believe me. I rezzed him after the fight.
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics