[10H] Ra-Den

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Ra-Den

Postby daishan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:50 am

You only get raid wide explosions when he absorbs the orbs in P1.

In P2 each blue orb he absorbs increases his dmg by 5% (I think) and each red orb effectively heals him for a % of his remaining health.

On our first kill we killed the red orbs in P2 until he was sub 25% and had 4 ish ranged soak the explosions, now we just ignore all orbs in P2 and burn the boss.

Edited a little for clarity.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Volitaire » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 am

Schroom wrote:can't play the Video because it contains music that belongs to EMI :'(

Try out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yWOU66Gjbk

The previous was from our priest, this is from our monk. I never got around to actually recording our kill myself.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Schroom » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:44 am

I'm at work now and can't access youtube from here. but I'll check it out later.

but, we killed it yesterday in our 19th attempt. Daishans "Ra-Den Energy Bar" is quite popular now in my guild after they saw the kill video. "DAT ENERGY BAR" :P
Schroom

Postby daishan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:20 am

Schroom wrote:Daishans "Ra-Den Energy Bar" is quite popular now in my guild after they saw the kill video. "DAT ENERGY BAR" :P

Not my energy bar :p I use the WA but wouldn't want to steal credit.

Gz on the kill.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:27 am

thanks. Now cocktails and massages until T16.
Schroom

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Definitely glad I had that giant energy bar. Timing that is a pain in the ass. One of our better attempts was ruined at sub-50% with a Fatal Strike that came 200ms late :X

Killed on the 26th attempt. Shit was tense, but P2 was merciful.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Winkle » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:08 am

I too can attest to the usefulness of the giant Energy bar, what a horrible mechanic to combine with a limited attempt boss.

For those attempting this for the 1st time, focus 100% on the energy bar and nothing else. I also swapped to Divine Purpose from Holy Avenger as the extra procs throughout the fight were nice.
Winkle

Postby Schroom » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 am

I on the other side, like HA. popped it as soon as he started getting energie and didn't have to fokus to much on the energie bar for quite sometime. which A) eliminated a lot of potential SoTR fails, and B) made it easier to get into the rhytm.
Schroom

Postby daishan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:32 am

I'm with Schroom on HA, wait till he's gaining energy then pop it and chill out for the next 30-50 sec depending on procs.

I can definitely see how DP is stronger for the fight, it's just that personally i've hardly run with DP talented at all, so didn't want to change things around for the limited attempt boss and screw things up.
Daishan
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:06 am

I just analyzed the logs from our farmkill yesterday with my guild.

If anyone is still progressing and not sure why he dies and everyone blames it on "bad tank" this is not always true.

if you fail to use your Active mitigation logs look like this:

Code: Select all
[19:01:56.088] Ra-den killed Schroom with Fatal Strike

if however you died on fatal strike and it looks like this:

Code: Select all
[19:34:10.242] Ra-den Fatal Strike Schroom 635594 (O: 20076, A: 4254)

it wasn't really your fault. Your SoTR was up.

the reason was that you wherent healed at > 75% of your health.

yup right: 75% ! why? fatal strikes ignores mastery on SoTR completely. Leaving you with the 25% base reduction from SoTR.

other cooldowns are still nice, because his melee hits hit me with 220k on average so the hit after Fatal strike can be fatal too.

I think this is pretty interesting :)
Schroom

Postby Darielle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:14 pm

I believe the idea is that the 5 abilities abilities will only offer so much as an equalising factor. Having SD up won't just mean you Dodge Fatal Strike after all.

At least it's not Murderous Strike.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:30 pm

yup. but the most annoying thing sit still that he resets his swingtimer when soaking. especially if it is Fatal strike that should have happened and doesn't happen after all. so you have to time exactly when he soaks (although you need big CD because soaking immediately after Fatal strike leaves you at 25% HP)

for the first time I use GoAk + Auramastery and double SoTR just to be sure and pray he doesn't troll me (I guess AD doesn't work on Fatal strike, has anyone ever had the chance to catch a log confirming this?). For the second one I wait with my second HA and start stacking it a couple of seconds before I have to soak. leaving me with guaranteed SoTR. While rotating small CDs available.
Schroom

Postby Kai » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:56 am

if you want to dumb this fight down even more, we started to completely ignore any orbs in P2 now. Especially if the first is not one of the healing/health ones, it's probably the way to go. switching is always a bit messy, people hit a target that's not fully debuffed etc. just zerg the boss and let them all hit, no need to worry about someone soaking the explosion with an immunity either. done that with 1 tank/2 healers for our last 2 kills and just felt like it was even less effort.

also, our tank Monki sais Hi and wonders what you guys are talking about above, y/k. :)
Kai

Postby Riemu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:14 am

We killed it for the first time yesterday, using 1 Tank / 2 Heals. 2 Orb-resets in P1 - Completely ignoring the Orbs in P2 (all of them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilbMDEiOcQE

Thanks btw. for that gigantic WA Runebar. That probably saved me from having a heartattack!
Also that tip "bank all HP for 90 runepower and then 2x SoTR" helped alot!
RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789
Riemu

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:36 am

Schroom, AD doesn't prevent Fatal Strike, you have to have SoTR up.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)