Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:24 am

Treck wrote:5.1 if i recall correctly

5.2 I think - I don't think I actually tanked in 5.0, and I can remember the issue with Sagara (DK, outbreak + 2x talented bloodboil, after letting Sag beat on them for ~10 seconds would pull all but the main target (and sometimes that too) - but then again, I'm actually not 1005 certain Sag used HP
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Jabari » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 am

halabar wrote:Regarding Tortos...

<...> mainly due to the 2 warrior tanks having issues with the bats <...>


Treck mentioned something just above that I'd never even thought of with my warrior. Try having the bat-tank spec into Dragon Roar for an AoE snap-threat tool. A TC/Roar combo might be a decent way to get the bats on the right person.

Also, if you're running 25-man, would it be a crime to have a third tank to help pick up bats?
In one century we went from teaching Latin and Greek in high school to offering remedial English in college.
Jabari
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:29 am

halabar wrote:Regarding Tortos...

Yes, it's all awareness, but there is some RNG there.. mainly in tanks and kickers getting gibbed at the wrong time. Add in a casual raid group where you always have 2-3 new people, and it's a pain, as Econ21 mentioned on the last page. My 25-man is struggling with Tortos, mainly due to the 2 warrior tanks having issues with the bats, and with people having awareness issues. Last night we added in problems with DBM not displaying countdowns on breath correctly, or at all. I've also had to start dropping my traps to slow the turtles further back, because it's giving the tanks problems seeing the rockfall circles (and I suspect that some dps might be having problems with that as well).


What my raid does too is put a line of markers on the area... you want to kill the turtles when they're between tortos and that line so you can kick them on time. if they're past that line, by the time you get the warning, the kick is gonna be too late
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:59 am

Jabari wrote:Also, if you're running 25-man, would it be a crime to have a third tank to help pick up bats?

Depends on the DPS. The last bit (usually last 20%) is essentially a DPS race before being overwhelmed by turtles. If DPS is strong you can afford having a 2nd tank.

Also... Hunters, did they train Misdirect? Helps a ton to get the initial aggro off the healers.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8841
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:07 am

Groumph. Tell me about it. We still have issues withme tanking bats on Heroic - if my HW fails, it's game over for one healer.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 am

What can help is tanking Tortos until ~3 seconds before the bats first spawn, that gives you some vengeance to play with for the first set, which is the one I always had trouble with.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:30 am

Nah, it's more a problem with the *healers* that run AWAY from me. Net result being the HW hitting too short, *GNAP* dead healer.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nordix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:58 am

In 5mans it is always only if I'M with my guildies (and they are on their highly mobile dps chars like a mage /shaman just blinking and ghostwolfing ahead,dropping bombs and orbs and such while I'm still pulling the 5th pack,etc)

Stuff dies before anything bad could happen we 4dps 1 tank them
Still pretty frustrating that I have to plan on every GCD and still fail ending up stunning 1 taunting 1 while attempting to aggro the rest WHILE having to move already to pull next pack:D
2-3 targets pretty easy but 5+ while having to stay mobile and in motion and chaos is unleashed

MEANWHILE MONKS.....
yeah..:\

This would be an issue on fights like horridon,megaera and tortos if we wouldnt have the dpsmonkoffspectank guy.
Last edited by Nordix on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:59 am

Worldie wrote:
Jabari wrote:Also, if you're running 25-man, would it be a crime to have a third tank to help pick up bats?

Depends on the DPS. The last bit (usually last 20%) is essentially a DPS race before being overwhelmed by turtles. If DPS is strong you can afford having a 2nd tank.

Also... Hunters, did they train Misdirect? Helps a ton to get the initial aggro off the healers.


I'm on MD duty, which would be easier if we had a few more ranged killing the turtles, so I could be watching for the bats. If the bats get scattered, MD is useless...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:10 am

uh oh...Steam Summer Sale is now live.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 pm

halabar wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Jabari wrote:Also, if you're running 25-man, would it be a crime to have a third tank to help pick up bats?

Depends on the DPS. The last bit (usually last 20%) is essentially a DPS race before being overwhelmed by turtles. If DPS is strong you can afford having a 2nd tank.

Also... Hunters, did they train Misdirect? Helps a ton to get the initial aggro off the healers.


I'm on MD duty, which would be easier if we had a few more ranged killing the turtles, so I could be watching for the bats. If the bats get scattered, MD is useless...

That's why you should MDshoot them before they even hit the ground. If you turn your camera up, you can target them since when they spawn on the roof, and can Shoot them before anyone gets the chance to AoE them down. They will all head for THAT ONE HEALER (usually me)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8841
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Flex wrote:uh oh...Steam Summer Sale is now live.


Already bought Hotline Miami and will probably end up buying another 10 games that I really don't have the money for :<
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Flex wrote:uh oh...Steam Summer Sale is now live.


Already bought Hotline Miami and will probably end up buying another 10 games that I really don't have the money for :<


Tell me about it... :lol:

Image
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1582
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm really hoping Deadpool and Rogue Legacy go on sale at some point. Deadpool looks fun but not $40 fun.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Teranoid wrote:I'm really hoping Deadpool and Rogue Legacy go on sale at some point. Deadpool looks fun but not $40 fun.


I've been looking at Rogue Legacy too, saw a trailer a while back and it looked interesting, and a friend of mine seems to enjoy it... :lol:

man,Rogue legacy is really addictive...
Only stopped because my hands were cramping.
>.>
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1582
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 pm

picked up dragon age origins and wargames european escalation. If Borderlands 2 is the next community pic I'll get that, have Far Cry 3 and it is basically a game without flaw for me.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Blarg, I got Far Cry 3 just a week ago, if I'd known I'd've waited. Looks like all the other games I was planning to work my way through are discounted, too, though.

Not that I can buy anything with the store constantly crashing.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 pm

The downtime and server issues are ruining my plans. Use the mobile Steam app to buy the stuff and then use it to download the game on my home computer so it is ready to go. Works great..when it works.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Era wrote:
Teranoid wrote:
Flex wrote:uh oh...Steam Summer Sale is now live.


Already bought Hotline Miami and will probably end up buying another 10 games that I really don't have the money for :<


Tell me about it... :lol:

Image



So only having time to play wow (and spending too much time there) is actually saving me money.. who knew? :lol:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nordix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I'Ll get borderlands 2 too and own all of you/my guildies with a box360 controller in it!
HAH!
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:48 pm

I guess the upside to this sale for me is the fact my PC is pretty dated so I can't run a lot of the newer stuff at a tolerable resolution. I might pick up FFVII again because I'm a sucker for it. I would love to get Borderlands though.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:16 pm

I decided to spec Disc / Holy so I can play Holy on farm bosses to learn it, to be able to play both in 5.4 and adapt to each fight (I'm the only priest healer of the guild).


Why frustration? Saying I TOTALLY FAIL at playing it would be a compliment. Wtb someone to teach me
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8841
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:36 pm

now that i have calmed down (i was agitated before i checked MTadin last time, so that didnt help at all) i want to first of all apologize for my massive rant/fit

in order to try and not repeat that again, i will refrain from posting about raiding except to say things like new kill on w/e boss or wipefest night grrr

current frustration though, youtube does not like me. internal server errors..but seems to be only for my computer.
the other ones in the house are fine...

i am about to clear cookies, cache and history, any other suggestions?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Worldie wrote:I decided to spec Disc / Holy so I can play Holy on farm bosses to learn it, to be able to play both in 5.4 and adapt to each fight (I'm the only priest healer of the guild).


Why frustration? Saying I TOTALLY FAIL at playing it would be a compliment. Wtb someone to teach me

I can tell you how I play holy on my priest. Not going to promise it is the best way, but it works for me.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Darielle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:41 pm

i am about to clear cookies, cache and history, any other suggestions?


Turn your computer off and on again.
(Only 20% joking)
Darielle
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest