Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm

losing my earpods... sound quality was meh, but i loved the remote control and had lasted me longer than any other headphone in the past.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:16 am

Let's just go backwards a bit and look where this started.

bldavis wrote:it depends on your ranged being able to get themselves to where the turtles stopped moving...i know we have had a lot of wipes due to turtles dying in weird places and having a train of turtles go through a healer while they were trying to use a cd (happens esp on our holy priest with prayer of healing)

1) Turtles dying in weird places can only be a problem if your ranged aren't positioning themselves to kick before it's time to actually kick. If they're standing still then going "oh shit, time to kick", it's their fault.
2) You clearly do imply that multiple turtles hitting your Priest is a frequent problem. Which is most likely an issue of the Priest not watching out well enough.
And then when people said most of the issues on Tortos are with awareness, you doubled down on the "3 turtles versus priest" scenario as if that was the only thing at issue.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nordix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:07 am

Paladin aoe aggro vs monk /other tanks aoe aggro.

spammed some 5mans with guildies,I'm 1 item away from bis (closing in on 550ilvl)and I'M just not able to hold ae aggro on anything proper.

In raid,200k vengeance,hammer of righteous hits for 11k,consec ticks 12k,etc.

WHY.
Nordix

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:33 am

at the beginning of trash pulls or halfway thru a fight?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nordix » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:59 am

Klaudandus wrote:at the beginning of trash pulls or halfway thru a fight?

mostly beginning,first 15 secs or so.

For example: Iron Qon trash,i pull both sides with wrath+lights hammer,then the tankspecceddpsmonk strolls by 20 secs later,kegsmash kegthing,spinning crane dick,and 2 sek later everything is on him.
Nordix

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 am

Nordix wrote:Paladin aoe aggro vs monk /other tanks aoe aggro.

spammed some 5mans with guildies,I'm 1 item away from bis (closing in on 550ilvl)and I'M just not able to hold ae aggro on anything proper.

In raid,200k vengeance,hammer of righteous hits for 11k,consec ticks 12k,etc.

WHY.

Comparing with monks is a joke
Heres a fun fact, at same ilvls, warrior Dragonroar does 30% more damage than Keg Smash.
One beeing a nice Burst aoe threat, 1min CD) to make sure stuff will hit you for atleast a sec or two.
The other beeing an 8sec CD that is a major part of your rotation, oh thats right, it also has a +threat modifier...

Oh yeh, monks have Spinning crane kick and Breath of fire so that they can use every GCD they have to make aoe damage, not even cleave, just pure aoe damage, doesnt care if its 2 targets or 10, will still do the same.

Also, at 200k vengeance, Consecration should atleast be doing double that, but its one GCD for easily + 100k damage on each and every target its hitting, yeh its not snap threat but its pretty good upkeep.

That said, tank threat has ALWAYS been an issue going into the later tiers of every expansion.
They tune tanks to do shitloads of threat (and damage) at the start of expansions.
But good gear does a lot for dpsers, but not even close to as much as for tanks, and they just end up outscaling us later on.

Paladins definately doesnt have that great aoe burst to initiate when there are lots of targets, but for 2-3 targets we are great.
Warriors are fine picking up packs every 1min, but after that not as great, thunderclap does more bursty aoe than Consecration, but less overall damage.
Druids and DKs have great CDs to make sure they can pick up adds every now and then atleast.
Pallys still got Holy prism for 5 targets or Lights hammer for many targets.
And if you are having issues keeping threat from people in 550gear when running 5mans, Im pretty sure whatever you were trying to keep threat on, is dead before it reaches the dpsers.
But sure, it depends on what classes your dpsers are as well, if its Warriors leaping in with bladestorm, not even kegsmash can do shit about that.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:08 am

I thought you would not get the threat from Light's Hammer.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:37 am

Klaudandus wrote:I thought you would not get the threat from Light's Hammer.

That was changed either in 5.2 or 5.3
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 am

5.1 if i recall correctly
Treck

Postby Ruldar » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:50 am

I've been seeing that from the other side with my ret pally in LFG groups recently. Since I started getting him semi-decent LFR gear I frequently end up with random tanks who just can't seem to keep aggro. It hasn't really been too much of an issue as far as staying alive goes, but I do wonder how much stress I'm causing the random healers.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 am

The healers are probably loving it. Healing actual tanks in dungeons (when I quit) was so damn boring. Was far more interesting to heal dps posing as tanks.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:12 am

Regarding Tortos...

Yes, it's all awareness, but there is some RNG there.. mainly in tanks and kickers getting gibbed at the wrong time. Add in a casual raid group where you always have 2-3 new people, and it's a pain, as Econ21 mentioned on the last page. My 25-man is struggling with Tortos, mainly due to the 2 warrior tanks having issues with the bats, and with people having awareness issues. Last night we added in problems with DBM not displaying countdowns on breath correctly, or at all. I've also had to start dropping my traps to slow the turtles further back, because it's giving the tanks problems seeing the rockfall circles (and I suspect that some dps might be having problems with that as well).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby benebarba » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:19 am

Nikachelle wrote:The healers are probably loving it. Healing actual tanks in dungeons (when I quit) was so damn boring. Was far more interesting to heal dps posing as tanks.

The first time (at least this expansion) I (as DPS) ran into any tanks with threat issues was this past tuesday in pinnacle, where pretty much all of the DPS were riding the tanks in threat through entire encounters. I am pretty sure they even lost aggro a few times to one or two.

when I found myself even on the same page as their aggro bars in omen, I did a doubletake... because my ret DPS is pretty crappy.
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:24 am

Treck wrote:5.1 if i recall correctly

5.2 I think - I don't think I actually tanked in 5.0, and I can remember the issue with Sagara (DK, outbreak + 2x talented bloodboil, after letting Sag beat on them for ~10 seconds would pull all but the main target (and sometimes that too) - but then again, I'm actually not 1005 certain Sag used HP
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Jabari » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 am

halabar wrote:Regarding Tortos...

<...> mainly due to the 2 warrior tanks having issues with the bats <...>

Treck mentioned something just above that I'd never even thought of with my warrior. Try having the bat-tank spec into Dragon Roar for an AoE snap-threat tool. A TC/Roar combo might be a decent way to get the bats on the right person.

Also, if you're running 25-man, would it be a crime to have a third tank to help pick up bats?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

PreviousNext

Return to General