Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:21 am

Newsom wrote:They said you could join guilds on merged realms, which is also why I'm assuming it will be a permanent merge.

Yeah, we just don't know how they are gonna select servers, and how many might be paired.

The funny thing is I got shouted down here several months ago when I said that CRZ meant that they were doing virtual servers now, which allowed for that kind of pairing. This only confirms it. Remember when they were selling those server blades? Those were the last of the "real" realm servers, it's been all virtual since then.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:00 pm

You were shouted down for relating hardware to realms since hardware gets more powerful making it able to run more realms or support more players
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Flex wrote:You were shouted down for relating hardware to realms since hardware gets more powerful making it able to run more realms or support more players

And you seem to still be tied to a mythical notion that one realm has to equal one blade in a server farm.

halabar

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Despite having to downsize from 25 to 10, It's been a good week.

Tortos finally keeled over when *someone* realized DBM has a countdown to the breaths, and we started and finished Iron Qon. Even got to solo tank the bugger, which was an absolute blast.

EDIT: Holy shit, with all the grumbling, I forgot to mention my coin on Qon gave me his sword. Heroic.

*dun dun dun*

Thunderforged!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Jabari » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Got my hunter in as a PuG for a group advertising "LF ranged dps ToT, guild run, trying heroics" last week.

Did H-Jin'rokh, then wiped a few times on H-Horridon and H-Tortos before going through the rest of it (doing H-Ji'Kun along the way). So I went from (personally) 11/12 to 2H/13 in a week. Picked up the Durumu crossbow too, which was nice. (Had an LFR Qon gun before).

Must not have embarrassed myself too badly, as they put me on the calendar for this week.

It was a little weird to be dead last among the DPS, though. :lol:
(Not that I was completely buried, but still...)

Also got two different Hearts from the Thunder King yesterday - hopefully I can get the two cloaks today!
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:30 am

Finally hit 20k spirit unbuffed!

Still not enough to spam glyphed Binding heal :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:46 am

Got 2 cloaks yesterday. One for Hunter, and the INT/crit/haste/mastery one for my shaman. Couple of small reforges and I hit the 3700-ish haste breakpoint for the healing totems finally. :)

Bigger success: Finally had enough people to run 10-man again with my horrible terrible bad bad not-good guild. (Remember, this is the one that couldn't avoid Attenuation disks). We 2-shot Jin'rokh (the first try one of the tanks didn't do the swaps correctly - he hadn't seen the encounter before, even in LFR). Then tried Horridon.

Over the course of a few pulls, it went from a complete disaster to getting to the 4th door fairly consistently. Was getting through the 2nd door cleanly at the end, which was awesome compared to the 8 or 9 stacks of poison we had the first couple times! Even got to the wargod once, but one of our tanks was down at that point so there wasn't much hope. *laugh*

Amusement: The trash before Horridon when people have only done that on LFR. I tried to warn them, honestly... :lol:

Failure: I didn't quite hit 100k HPS on Jin'rokh. Drat. :P
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Amirya » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:21 am

So I'll admit, this expansion doesn't hold much interest for me. I wound up having to drop my DPS to play a healer, then was asked to switch to a different healer to accomodate a part time pug, so we didn't have double-up class shenanigans, and now I'm back to my first healer. Which is fine!

But this also means she hasn't gotten as much LFR time as she should have, in between healer switches and boredom with the expansion in general.

Which means she's been stuck using the 476 crafted off-hand for who knows how long. No healer shields apparently exist for her (or upgrade in off-hands).

The success? I had her do her first heroic scenario last night, finally, and of course, she gets gold from the heroic satchel. But because it was her first, she also had the question from the spinning guy in Shrine of Seven Stars. He gave her a 516 healer shield. Yes!

(It's hilarious, she had been using a mace/off-hand, and when not holding her weapons, only the mace appeared on her, at the hip. NOW she has the shield, but she did also pick up the healer fist weapon (wtf?) from LFR Council last night, so now she's got only the shield displayed.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Guild got 5 kills in 2 IDs, now 9/13 heroic in 25 man :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Cloak get!

Sagara

Postby bldavis » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:36 pm

another one shot of ji-kun with our last (as in WE HAVE 5 MIN LEFT! LETS GO AND GET THE PULL IN!) pull of the night
sat will be pure progression!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:50 am

My wife has returned to the game! She loaded up a DK on my new server, where she's now my casual f**ck play buddy!

One note she already made: "No scenarios before 90? Pity."

Sagara

Postby Flex » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 am

Sagara wrote:My wife has returned to the game! She loaded up a DK on my new server, where she's now my casual f**ck play buddy!

I'd like to see scenarios replace leveling 5 mans and 5 mans be strictly Max level content. With tweets to difficulty, perhaps 3 steps
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 am

Flex wrote:
Sagara wrote:My wife has returned to the game! She loaded up a DK on my new server, where she's now my casual f**ck play buddy!

I'd like to see scenarios replace leveling 5 mans and 5 mans be strictly Max level content. With tweeks to difficulty, perhaps 3 steps

that would be interesting...

not sure what the 3 steps would be, but assuming normal, heroic, and challenge?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 am

I don't see the fascination with 5-mans, and why so many of the forums rage about how "x" could have been scrapped in favor of developing more 5-mans. 5 mans can go DIAF. Looking back at my toons, over that past year, I've only run 5-mans to boost leveling, and after having done heroic scenarios now, I see NO need for 5-mans at all at max level. We don't need then to teach tanking or healing, you have LFR and FLEX for that. Why would I want to do a 5-man at 90 when I could do an LFR wing in the same amount of time?

I totally disagree with Flex on this. 5-mans should be the leveling content to teach skills, and scenarios should be the max-level short content for delivering lore and providing daily content.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General