Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Newsom » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 am

bldavis wrote:90 #12 done, all 11 classes +1 extra dk

Grats, you crazy person! :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Flex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am

I have an 88 druid I can't muster the desire to finish leveling and with my other 85s maxed on professions I have no desire to level them either!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Newsom » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 am

Treck wrote:
Newsom wrote:Done som serious leveling US side! For some reason the LFD tool is way more pleasant over there.

Im a bit hesitant cause i think your sample size is a bit to low.

Probably. It was really pleasant until level 70 or so, then I got some really bad groups occasionally. I guess it was more of a low level thing than region thing. :P

And quite often you get people who speak absolutely no English (Latin Americans?) - that barely ever happens EU side. Doesn't mean they're bad or antyhing, but it makes communication difficult. o.O
Last edited by Newsom on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Flex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

Newsom wrote:
Treck wrote:
Newsom wrote:Done som serious leveling US side! For some reason the LFD tool is way more pleasant over there.

Im a bit hesitant cause i think your sample size is a bit to low.

Probably. It was really pleasant until level 70 or so, then I got some really bad groups occasionally. I guess it was more of a low level thing than region thing. :P

And quite often you get people who speak absolutely no English (latin americans?) - that barely ever happens EU side. o.O

This is America, we speak American!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Newsom wrote:And quite often you get people who speak absolutely no English (Latin Americans?) - that barely ever happens EU side. Doesn't mean they're bad or antyhing, but it makes communication difficult. o.O

Yep - expect more of this, though it seems to vary based on play time. Sometimes you find someone in the group who can and is willing to translate to help.

Though part of me does really want to meet someone who decides to speak French... usually it's Spanish or Portugese.
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Newsom wrote:
bldavis wrote:90 #12 done, all 11 classes +1 extra dk

Grats, you crazy person! :D

lol ty

time to start working on a 90 of each class for each faction...though im not sure where i will put my horde priest, i am out of room on my horde server due to having 2 paladins

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:09 pm

bldavis wrote:time to start working on a 90 of each class for each faction...though im not sure where i will put my horde priest, i am out of room on my horde server due to having 2 paladins

Not a fan of endgame content? :P

If you can wait until 5.4 you can probably have more like 33 characters per coalesced realm, unless you play on a high pop server.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby bldavis » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:41 pm

at one point i was raiding on 2 different toons, and i am still a raiding tank on my dk
plus i am VP capped on 2 toons, and spent yesterday leveling my warrior
i just have ADD/OCD and tend to play a lot of different toons, and it drives me nuts seeing toons close to level cap :P

wait we get 33 slots per realm? O.O
afaik Terenas is a low pop, so yay! time to start a priest! ...but what race...hmmm

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Virtual realms, sir.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:06 pm

bldavis wrote:wait we get 33 slots per realm? O.O

No but say 3 realms get coalesced with virtual realms, you can have 11 chars per "real" realm that can all trade and mail each other, join the same guild, use the same AH, etc. I hope you don't have OCD about filling a realm. :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby bldavis » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Newsom wrote:

No but say 3 realms get coalesced with virtual realms, you can have 11 chars per "real" realm that can all trade and mail each other, join the same guild, use the same AH, etc. I hope you don't have OCD about filling a realm. :D

lol not normally

and somehow i completely spaced on realms being combined

i wonder if you can invite people from other realms to your guild if you are both in the same combined realm

bldavis

Postby Amirya » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:15 pm

I asked that same question in the 5.4 thread, and was told yes.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 pm

bldavis wrote:
Newsom wrote:

lol not normally

and somehow i completely spaced on realms being combined

i wonder if you can invite people from other realms to your guild if you are both in the same combined realm

It would appear yes.

The only thing we really don't know is how the realms will be picked for merger. Biggest question, what happens to a severly imbalanced realm that is high-pop? Will it be merged with an opposite one?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 am

They said you could join guilds on merged realms, which is also why I'm assuming it will be a permanent merge.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:21 am

Newsom wrote:They said you could join guilds on merged realms, which is also why I'm assuming it will be a permanent merge.

Yeah, we just don't know how they are gonna select servers, and how many might be paired.

The funny thing is I got shouted down here several months ago when I said that CRZ meant that they were doing virtual servers now, which allowed for that kind of pairing. This only confirms it. Remember when they were selling those server blades? Those were the last of the "real" realm servers, it's been all virtual since then.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General