Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Postby Sagara » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:10 am

Darielle wrote:
As I said, people who don't realize how blatantly OP the tank cloak proc is, clearly didn't play Prot pala (or with one) at heroic level in WotLK.

For very, very many reasons WotLK was wayyyy too different of an era to try and compare this cloak to. If we'd in any way had the same toolkit that we have now to bring to bear on Heroic Lich King, it would have been an entirely different story.

*MEEEEEP* The toolkits have changed, but unless I've jumped games in the interim, our core job is pretty much the same.
Seriously, with our current toolkit, HLK would have been vastly different as well - expect him to have Killing Blow from Ra-Den, for example.

If you had to actually evaluate its worth, this proc is a free I-don't-know-how-much stamina, once per minute, that occurs ONLY if you actually need it, without player input. So basically, a free metric fuckton of stamina.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Darielle » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:20 am

*MEEEEEP* The toolkits have changed, but unless I've jumped games in the interim, our core job is pretty much the same.
Seriously, with our current toolkit, HLK would have been vastly different as well - expect him to have Killing Blow from Ra-Den, for example.

The abilities are one thing, stuff like Fatal Strike can exist purely because of the way AM works, but that's not the only thing.

WotLK was an era where we literally only had one cd, and had to glyph Salv to gain access to another. The ability to even have a 1 min cooldown was so precious and valuable because it opened up so many options. WotLK AD wasn't just amazing from the new shiny automatic aspect of it, it was amazing because that it opened up situations those precious cooldowns could be held on to.

They're not quite so precious or scarce right now.
Last edited by Darielle on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darielle

Postby Fenris » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:21 am

Glyph of Scattered Thoughts (NYI) Your Scatter Shot no longer Disorients the target, but now interrupts their spellcasts, preventing any spells in the same school from being cast for 4 sec, and Scatter Shot's range is increased by 0 yards.

They are clearly messing with hunters on purpose now :D

The only thing i can think about it that makes sense is that they are going to remove silencing so you are forced to glyph for the interrupt (== one less CC,but SS still avaiable to every spec )
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 am

What I really don't realize about the cloak discussion, is why so many people feel so necessary to sacrifice such a strong passive cooldown, for a proc that will possibly be very minor for a tank, and some haste that you won't even need in SoS as people are already at or very close to 50% haste now.

If it was a extremely op dps cloak, like the meta gem is who accounts for even more than 10% total dps, I'd understand.
But this proc doesn't seemb anywhere as strong to warrant the loss of a passive safety net.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:34 am

What I really don't realize about the cloak discussion, is why so many people feel so necessary to sacrifice such a strong passive cooldown, for a proc that will possibly be very minor for a tank, and some haste that you won't even need in SoS as people are already at or very close to 50% haste now.

If it was a extremely op dps cloak, like the meta gem is who accounts for even more than 10% total dps, I'd understand.

I would say that people ARE expecting the cloak proc to be on par with Capacitance, and probably even assuming it would be better - given that it's the last chain of the legendary on the last patch of an expansion where Blizzard doesn't really hold back and for the damage proc to be as salivatory to damage as the tank proc is to us.
Darielle

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:44 am

I still also wonder what would happen if every tank hybrid in the raid wears the tank cloak to cheese mechanics, random thought.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:50 am

Well, in practice, couldn't *everyone* buy one? THe only one that might not be able to would be the clothies.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm wondering why THAT hasn't been discussed to hell and back? How many wipes could 25 ARDENT DEFENDERS ON A ONE MINUTE-CD save up?

Sagara

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 am

Its much more than that.
comparing gem vs cloaks:
dps gem = reliable 7-10% dps increase
tank gem= unreliable (but still strong) cd, aka you cant count on it and should play as tho its not there and then you sort of take less dmg now and then.
Cloaks (STILL PTR NOT EVEN HOW THE PROCC WILL WORK IS FINALIZED, its all speculations so far)
dps=reliable dps increase (we still dont have any clue how strong this will be) and sorry to burst your bubble but I would say that 99% SoI WONT procc from it, even if it would it would be unreliable burst healing.
tank=reliable tank saver, even if you survive half a sec longer due to it, it might be enough to use your AM heals or other panic buttons that are off CD, No one is perfect and this proc makes you able to play recklessly as hell as a tank, then if it proccs you play safe for a minute.

I honestly cant understand people blindly going for the dps cloak (at this moment) cause we know how strong the tank procc is, while we have no clue about the dps versions strength other than 900 haste.
I bet all those will completely ignore the CD reduction trinket as well, cause its got icky stamina, and they never die anyway so using CDs more ofthen is useless, oh and 4p is such a waste of stats right?
Also, would there ever be any kind of "tank Cd procc" that would ever outshine the dps one? cause if I had to come up with an overpowered tank procc, this would be it.

This cloak will be bread and butter, and even freaking useless DKs with cloak will have higher survivability than a pallytank without it.
Unless you do content stupidly overgeared with insane healers and horrible dps, tank procc should be your choise.
Id take the freaking cloak if it gave 0stats, and people whine its got dodge and parry.
Treck

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:58 am

Treck wrote:I honestly cant understand people blindly going for the dps cloak (at this moment)

Neither can I, my guild's tanks and officers yelled at me for having no clue about tanks work when I proposed them to use the tank cloak.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:59 am

Sagara wrote:Well, in practice, couldn't *everyone* buy one? THe only one that might not be able to would be the clothies.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm wondering why THAT hasn't been discussed to hell and back? How many wipes could 25 ARDENT DEFENDERS ON A ONE MINUTE-CD save up?

Its a pretty big dps increase for the dpsers to use the tank cloaks on progess, its either going to be disabled if you are not in tank specc or have some limit to the absorb, but even there its good. but no pallytanks want that 900 haste cause they never die
Treck

Postby Sagara » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:07 am

Treck wrote:Its a pretty big dps increase for the dpsers to use the tank cloaks on progess, its either going to be disabled if you are not in tank specc or have some limit to the absorb, but even there its good. but no pallytanks want that 900 haste cause they never die

Emphasis mine - Wuh? Typo there Treck? Anyway, if it's not limited, I'm fulling expecting guilds like yours fieling a full array of tank cloaks (although the healing one seems huge on paper as well).

Pity though, I'd have LOVED to have the Tiger cloak + HT14 :-p

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:17 am

It's not a typo. If you can stand in shit or take a aoe to the face rather than having to move and run away, it's a quite huge DPS increase.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 am

Emphasis mine - Wuh? Typo there Treck?

There are so many fights when you can do more damage if you can stand still and nuke.

It would also be a massive healing reduction. Think about Lei Shen, if you can just tell everybody to stay away from each other for Static Shock regardless of them being a mage, paladin or whatever. That is 5-6 million damage that doesn't need healing up.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:55 am

Hmm. The Death Kngiht set has no skulls. (Still has horns, though.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:44 am

Fenris wrote:
Glyph of Scattered Thoughts (NYI) Your Scatter Shot no longer Disorients the target, but now interrupts their spellcasts, preventing any spells in the same school from being cast for 4 sec, and Scatter Shot's range is increased by 0 yards.

They are clearly messing with hunters on purpose now :D

The only thing i can think about it that makes sense is that they are going to remove silencing so you are forced to glyph for the interrupt (== one less CC,but SS still avaiable to every spec )

SS moved baseline Marks, everyone can glyph for a non-silencing interrupt.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General