Remove Advertisements

Oxhorn Bladebreaker vs Tigerclaw Cape

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Oxhorn Bladebreaker vs Tigerclaw Cape

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Sagara wrote:Just wanted to clear up that the choice of haste is a sacrifice of smoothness.

I'm still not sure why you would call it a lie. Choosing haste over Dodge/Parry is choosing damage smoothing. Choosing stam is even more smoothing. Please point out the lie to me.

WRT activation: You're right; I edited my post before seeing yours (was on my phone traveling to California for the holidays).

The degrees of the comparison between the cloak and gem aren't equivalent, to be sure. But the philosophical approach is: we're trading off pure tanky things (stam and damage redux) for pure DPS. There's not even a hint of ancillary benefits. Why?

I still wear the tank meta on progression pulls because every little bit helps up front, but it's certainly one of the first things I swap back once tank death is no longer a concern.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 am

Has it been assured that we can have both cloaks? I'm almost done with farming the runestones after over 2 months (yay RNG), so I'm pretty close to picking my cloak. Naturally, without the upgrade, I prefer the Haste one, but I don't want to lock myself out of the Tanking one.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:09 am

You can get a new epic cloak right now for 10k gold, so I don't see why you shouldnt be able to get a new legendary one.

Also, while the epic cloak are Unique (been also said it might be removed in 5.4), the legendary cloaks are not.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thels » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:12 am

Ah, didn't know you could switch them. DPS cloak it is for now, and we'll see again when 5.4 is here. :)
ImageImage
Thels

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice