Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby bldavis » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Invisusira wrote:Just so we're all clear here, I'm pretty sure "snake posting in the relationships thread" is actually a carefully documented thesis on just how hard you can troll people before they finally stop believing you.

i said it before and i will say it again...if this is true, Bravo for being one hell of a story weaver

if it is not, all my thoughts and my blasphemous prayers are with you Snake

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:58 pm

I strangely believe Snake. If not, well done. But I think he's being honest.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Passionario » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:35 am

I choose to believe all posts made in this thread (provided they don't involve monetary donations). Life's better this way.

Let's say someone tells a story about their relationship and I call them out as a liar. Later, it turns out that they were telling the truth. In this case, I'll end up looking and feeling as a paranoid hostile asshole.

On other hand, if someone tells a story about their relationship, I believe them and then it turns out to be a lie, then... I end up outing myself as a compassionate person who cares about his fellow human beings? You know, I think I can live with that. :)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:42 am

The fellow paranoid hostile assholes will call you gullible :p
Anyway, now that she's in the critical three days of waiting to see if shit happens instead of the critical part where someone knocks you out, gives you borderline hypothermia, opens your chest and tears your heart out and put someone else's in instead before closing your chest, knitting it up and heating you back up...well, kinda only overly anxious instead of barely capable of doing anything but pace around stupidly.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:54 am

Passionario wrote:I choose to believe all posts made in this thread (provided they don't involve monetary donations). Life's better this way.

Let's say someone tells a story about their relationship and I call them out as a liar. Later, it turns out that they were telling the truth. In this case, I'll end up looking and feeling as a paranoid hostile asshole.

On other hand, if someone tells a story about their relationship, I believe them and then it turns out to be a lie, then... I end up outing myself as a compassionate person who cares about his fellow human beings? You know, I think I can live with that. :)

Well said.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:51 am

Snake-Aes wrote:The fellow paranoid hostile assholes will call you gullible :p
Anyway, now that she's in the critical three days of waiting to see if shit happens instead of the critical part where someone knocks you out, gives you borderline hypothermia, opens your chest and tears your heart out and put someone else's in instead before closing your chest, knitting it up and heating you back up...well, kinda only overly anxious instead of barely capable of doing anything but pace around stupidly.

It's good that she's getting a new heart, though. Let's hope it's a good fit!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:04 pm

We joke that she has great software (kinda has to, to have so many graduations and geniality to solve day to day problems most people can't even look at) and horrible, chinese hardware.
Well now she has a brazilian heart. In another day or two we'll see if it fits. Beats the whole pacemaker ordeal where she'd instead brag that she's 4% robot.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Passionario wrote:I choose to believe all posts made in this thread (provided they don't involve monetary donations). Life's better this way.

I kinda like this Mr P for being a nice post.

I also kinda often dont worry too much about things. I don't believe Snake would troll about this and I also trust Invisapikachoo 100% so meh.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Orthien » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:31 pm

I am more posting here to get this off my chest than anything else. I can't really talk about this completely with friends.
I fear I am sinking into depression and am not sure how to get of some of it.

Things aren't helped by the fact that I have come to truely lothe my job but I can work on that by looking for a new one.

I posted on here a year ago about starting a new relationship that had a few risks with it.
For quite some time things were going fantastic and we were making the long distance work. I can honestly say I fell for her stronger than anyone previously and when we were together it was amazing.
Problem was that long distance was hard and she is the kind of person who doesn't do feelings and relationships often and needs to physically date and take things slow.
Being long distance we couldn't date and I pushed for visits across countrys when I really shouldnt have and added stress where it wasn't needed.

Not long ago we not so much ended the relationship as un-got together. It was meant to be a chance to take a step back to where we were before and do things slower and properly. She said she still wanted to be with me eventually and spoke of living together and still wanting a future with me, but not while she was so busy with life and definitely not over long distance. I was fine with that, better relationship just not technically together.
I did let her know that I wasn't going to sit here alone like a waiting puppy for years, until she was ready. Should something unexpected come along, I wasn't going to ignore it.
That all instantly improved things and they were back to how I wanted them. For all of a week.

Since then things have been really distant and when I brought this to her she mentioned that I was still pushing things to much and needed to let her start the conversations when she had the free time. Which I had been thinking myself and procedeed to do.
Since then we have barely spoken and when we have it has still been very cold and distant.

I now find myself still madly in love with someone(in a way that their absence is like addiction withdrawls) who is in another country and seems to be pulling further away.

I have no clue if this is subconsious on her part because of her cancer coming back or if she stopped caring and hasn't told me for some reason, or something completely different.

All I know if I am here, alone, in a job I hate, with people I can't stand, longing for a person and relationship I can't have and the free time I get seems to flow past so fast that it does nothing to prevent the darkness that creeps in tighter every day.

And still part of me inside, sees me write that and is screaming that I am being a pathetic little Bitch and should just suck it up.
Orthien

Postby bldavis » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 pm

if it helps, you arent alone...
i am in a similar situation that i dont talk to anyone with...

i would say the pain subsides, but im not sure...mine just kinda went numb, and i am just trying to live day by day

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Orthien » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Numb wouldn't be so bad. I used to be quite that way before I started getting into my serious relationships.

I would say it would be better than this, which it probably would but I do miss proper happieness and not that average half fake stuff you put out when with friends.

The worst twist being that should I go numb then I am sure the relationship would work fine, going against why I would go numb in the first place.
Orthien

Postby lythac » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 am

Orthien wrote:All I know if I am here, alone, in a job I hate, with people I can't stand, longing for a person and relationship I can't have and the free time I get seems to flow past so fast that it does nothing to prevent the darkness that creeps in tighter every day.

Wondering if you are actively looking for a new job? If you hate it that much and can't stand the people it would be silly if you weren't.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Orthien » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Maybe not as activly as I should be after a co-worker offered to descreatly be a current reference then told my bosses I was looking but I am looking.
Orthien

Postby Era » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Orthien wrote:Numb wouldn't be so bad. I used to be quite that way before I started getting into my serious relationships.

Numb is great in the beginning, but the longer it goes on, the worse that lack of emotion can get. This describes it neatly:

hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com wrote:But my experiences slowly flattened and blended together until it became obvious that there's a huge difference between not giving a fuck and not being able to give a fuck. Cognitively, you might know that different things are happening to you, but they don't feel very different. Which leads to horrible, soul-decaying boredom.

(excerpt from a great post, you should head over and read it if you've got time)

That aside, I can relate to the long distance thing. Back in 2008/2009 the girl I was with went off to USA as an exchange student, and considering the serious distance from Norway to America, frequent visits just wasn't an option. I'm sad to say we weren't able to make it work, but on the other hand, we weren't as compatible as we maybe thought at first anyway - she's very much a social/party kind of person, whereas I'm not. I've got no problems with being social as such, I simply just don't enjoy events where the main attraction is getting drunk.

Long distance can be terrible and I usually advise against it, though I do think it's always better to try than not, if there's simply no other way.

It's important to have people to talk to about these kinds of things, or at least just a place to vent. Forums are great that way. :)
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:07 am

there are times where you have to wonder, who truly does care...who is just using you...and who even notices you there anymore...

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum