Remove Advertisements

Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

Postby Nimaothar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 pm

So I got access to the Celestial Blessing portion of the Wrathion questline, and was very excited for my very own tanking quest...only to observe that this one is a pure bear to figure out. I can't seem to move fast enough to absorb each of the bolts during the splits, or somehow Wrathion is taking too much damage. I tried to watch a video where someone was using Word of Glory to keep Wrathion up, but I observed that I needed to keep them for myself. I thought this was a tank quest, not a tank/heal quest :P. Suggestions? Advice? I can make it until the Echo hits 50% and then I end up with too much damage. I have linked my armory for reference and suggestions. (Yes I know I have to put in my blue gem (haste/hit, as well as fix my shoulders since they are for prot now, but do those little changes make THAT much of a difference?) Even though I'm at near top-end LFR, am I still too low to do this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... har/simple
Nimaothar

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

Postby econ21 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

I didn't heal Wrathion, although I did let him die twice.

The third time, it might have been coincidence, but I switched to dps trinkets rather than stamina and focussed more on getting Deathwing's health down fast. It may be like those Pandaren elites - I find them much easier to kill as dps spec rather than tank, as the faster they die, the less chance there is of me messing up in a critical way when dealing with his mechanics.

With the bolts, I ended up circling Wrathion a third of the way between him and the adds; I caught quite a few but some got through. PoJ may be the best talent here - with the other two mobility options, there's nothing to judge and the speed of light doesn't last long enough.
econ21

Postby Darrak » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:55 am

it doable without healing him. dont just run around in circle, sometimes you need to go towards the bolt. also take PoJ and keep 3HP for that phase
Darrak

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 am

531 item level, wasn't really a big deal. Remember you can stun Deathwing, you can blind him too. When it came to catching the bolts I just stood about 2 metres away from Wrathion and got every one of them (without PoJ). You've just got to think about which one will get to him first, and prioritize correctly. A bit like playing an easier version of Space Invaders really. Don't forget to taunt Deathwing when he fixates on Wrathion.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:55 pm

I opted for the melee dps one, it wasn't too bad tbh. Around 539 ilvl and had to kite the little adds.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Gruck » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:48 pm

I manage to do the quest first try without any problems. Intercepting the bolts shouldn't be a problem in terms of health, if you're constantly running since their radius is bigger (as usual). Furthermore, try to taunt deathwing as fast as possible, when he's switching to wrathion. This can save some health you can use later on. But most importantly: the harder you hit the faster it goes. Therefore, try to really burn him down.

btw: if you have the coin from the celestials in your pocket, you gain a 10% life buff (http://www.wowhead.com/item=89124)
Gruck

Postby Nimaothar » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:48 am

I'm currently testing a couple of things on the PTR before going back to the main server. I grabbed the PVP sword/shield to see if the extra 20 ilvl on my sword and 42 ilvl (because I can't get the LFR shield to save my life) makes a difference. I also switched my food/flask/trinkets to strength, but that put me under 650k health, which for a tank fight has me slightly concerned. It's things like this that make me wonder if they were expecting me to be 522, which is why I asked. One thing I tried was instead of in addition to absorbing the bolts was casting Hand of Sacrifice on Wrathion when he got in the middle with my AOE hammer to heal us both during that phase. I am currently on attempt number 8 or so, but I am starting to see the pattern of when I need to stun and how often. I need to be a little faster on the taunt of DW though. Best attempt was surviving to the 3rd bolt attack and DW was at about 20%...but that has not been consistent. I equipped dazing shield and Holy Wrath, any other glyphs I should consider?
Nimaothar

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 am

It isn't a "tank" fight though. All you have to do (famous last words, huh?) is stun the boss when he does the AoE (always face him away from Wrathion) or dodge it, taunt immediately and dance around Wrathion at the bolts.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:06 am

Also according to our prot pala, the fact that you can also heal Wrathion as pala makes it infinitely easier.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nimaothar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 pm

After several attempts on the PTR, I finally felt ready for the real thing. Having Lay on Hands available to heal Wrathion was a nice perk. Thank you all for your help!
Nimaothar

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice