Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:16 am

Yeah! Only no life nerds actually research fights before they go into them anyway!
Teranoid

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 am

Teranoid wrote:Yeah! Only no life nerds actually research fights before they go into them anyway!

Wait, you mean not everybody eats a fly agaric before battle?

Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:59 pm

i figured it would happen, but still kinda sad
i was demoted from officer in my alliance guild

to be fair though, i hardly ever play my toons in that guild so i knew it would happen at some point

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:19 pm

If it helps at all, I was too!

(But for different reasons, of course...)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:34 am

Apparently, according to my guild, my friendlist, and most of this forum, tank job in 5.4 is to do as much dps as they can, making them survive is a job of healers. If they die, it's healers' fault. They don't need a extremely strong proc from a legendary cloak, and I think I'm going to earn a gkick for arguing with my whole guild that tanks should focus on surviving.

Maybe I'm the only one who still thinks that tanks' job is to survive and not to win the meters.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:46 am

I'm seeing that being thrown about a lot as well. Luckily my guild isn't too pushy with the tank corp, so they probably won't force our hand as long as we don't die to stupid.

In all honesty, though, if you're not pushing the bleeding edge or are not the runt of the litter, you'll probably be able to grab the DPS cloak without much fuss. "Able" being the keyword.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:50 am

Why exactly would someone refuse the strongest tank cd in game, so strong it had been whined about and nerfed to the ground in WotLK. You remember it? Being able to not use your cooldowns cause "in case I'd die, AD will save me", so you could save them for when AD was already procced.

WHY. For what, 1k haste that you don't even need in SoO gear, and a proc that does shit damage in a ST fight?

Oh but who cares, let's all blame the healers if we die while we're doing so much dps. Ok.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vigilant » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:52 am

Worldie wrote:Apparently, according to my guild, my friendlist, and most of this forum, tank job in 5.4 is to do as much dps as they can, making them survive is a job of healers. If they die, it's healers' fault. They don't need a extremely strong proc from a legendary cloak, and I think I'm going to earn a gkick for arguing with my whole guild that tanks should focus on surviving.

Maybe I'm the only one who still thinks that tanks' job is to survive and not to win the meters.

It's an interesting phenomenon. I was just reading this thread over on MMO-Champion, in which it seems that a good number of tanks now find the most enjoyable part of tanking doing tons of damage and would quit tanking if that aspect of tanking were nerfed.
Vigilant

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:55 am

As I told some people earlier, buffing tank DPS was the stupidest thing they done to tanking in the whole WoW history.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:12 am

Which is one of the reasons why I think they will change vengeance next expac -- that said, if it wasnt for vengeance, our WoG or SS would not be scaling as good as it does.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:47 am

Yeah I mean why not lets go through another expansion of Blizzard having no fucking clue how to properly handle tank threat in a 9 year old game.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:00 am

Sagara wrote:In all honesty, though, if you're not pushing the bleeding edge or are not the runt of the litter, you'll probably be able to grab the DPS cloak without much fuss. "Able" being the keyword.

Actually people not pushing bleeding edge would be better served by the proc. While progressing at our pace my death from lack of healer attention while they figure out the ebb and flow of healing has caused wipes.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:11 am

Teranoid wrote:Yeah I mean why not lets go through another expansion of Blizzard having no fucking clue how to properly handle tank threat in a 9 year old game.

Cause tank threat works now? It's miles ahead of DPS, exactly like it was in cata/wotlk. Just, the tank is ALSO on top of dmgmeters and sometimes of healing meters at same time. And it's still impossible for any tank to hold threat from geared DPS in low-tier since they aren't taking enough damage to build vengeance

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am

It's only miles ahead after several seconds into the fight, in the initial pull, specially on trash, you might be losing threat to the bursty classes -- but once settled in, you're right, threat is fine.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Dion » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:20 am

Worldie wrote:...And it's still impossible for any tank to hold threat from geared DPS in low-tier since they aren't taking enough damage to build vengeance

If they haven't fixed it (last time I checked in 5.2 or so) using /sit + def cd are used by to generate alot of vengeance. And I have a hunch that this isn't way vengeace was intended to be used. :D
Dion

PreviousNext

Return to General