Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Worldie wrote:Thing is there's no dodge or parry on leather gear. Leather tanks just use dps stats and that's it.

Um, at least one piece of T-14 says otherwise. And I know it's on pre-90 stuff.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86724
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:59 pm

I think that's the only leather item I've ever seen with dodge on since TBC.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Fetzie wrote:I dunno, right now you get as close as makes no difference the equivalent of 1 parry rating per strength; I'm running around with 20 odd% parry and have hardly any parry rating.

Yeah, I had to edit my post to say that Plate tanks would get both dodge and parry somehow, not just parry from a primary. it's really dodge that seems like the odd man out that way. But I guess flavor-wise it makes more sense to let the plate tanks parry more than the leather tanks (since combat-table wise, it is irrelevant what you call it, it's avoidance of some kind - unless you have something like a riposte mechanic based only on parry like monks currently do).

Both parry and dodge, at least to me, suffer from the trouble of being boring. They are required to have such harsh DR to make it so you can't really stack them very high, and there seem to be few abilities that really allow them to make a visible difference in your play. I think the only other stat that is more boring is Stamina, but it's harder to imagine a way around that one.

Worldie wrote:I think that's the only leather item I've ever seen with dodge on since TBC.

It appears that the druid and monk T-14 sets are an anomaly - I was being a bit pedantic. There definitely is no parry to be seen on the body-slots (rings and things maybe).
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:30 pm

At least you see an actual difference to your character when you get it more stamina. Your life goes up. Avoidance is very "behind the scenes".
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Inaria » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Killed Lei Shen in an alt raid with both healers dead for the entire p3. Still not quite sure how that was possible.
Inaria

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 am

Finally soloed my first warbringer on my hunter, realized I probably could have done it sooner, but there's just a lot of RNG there. 2% wipe due to a scout wandering in, 5% wipe due to a server fart, more wipes due to pet running out of range on fear... still probably easier to do it on a lock with portal hopscotch.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:37 am

Green fire scenario completed!

600g and 4 hours of wipes later, I finally got this down, as Affliction cause I can't be arsed respeccing.

Ranting aside, the questline is quite awesome and the final boss is very challenging and fun.

Just a bit sad there's no achievement for completing it, there should be one in my opinion.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:48 am

Worldie wrote:Green fire scenario completed!

600g and 4 hours of wipes later, I finally got this down, as Affliction cause I can't be arsed respeccing.

Ranting aside, the questline is quite awesome and the final boss is very challenging and fun.

Just a bit sad there's no achievement for completing it, there should be one in my opinion.

Having green fire isn't enough?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Ruldar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:21 pm

I really need to give that event a try on my Lock. He's sitting at an ilvl of 520 so I suspect he's geared for it, though I have heard it's much more a question of execution than gear.

So going Destruction for it isn't really required?
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Worldie wrote:Green fire scenario completed!

if you are afflic and dont want to respec..why even bother?

my lock is demo/afflic and the idea of green fire doesnt appeal to me THAT much

way too much work for something that is just a cosmetic award that you will never see imo

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm

bldavis wrote:my lock is demo/afflic and the idea of green fire doesnt appeal to me THAT much

way too much work for something that is just a cosmetic award that you will never see imo

Challenges, they are what makes the game fun for me ;)

Ruldar wrote:I really need to give that event a try on my Lock. He's sitting at an ilvl of 520 so I suspect he's geared for it, though I have heard it's much more a question of execution than gear.

So going Destruction for it isn't really required?

My warlock has 487 ilvl, and I barely killed it in time as affli (my pit lord had about 2 million HP left, and like 4 mins left on 2nd curse).
I tried as demo (which was my 2nd spec, quickly replaced by destru after finishing the quest to showoff) but I REALLY suck at playing Demo and just failed over and over.
Quite sure it's easier as destru/demo due to the sheer burst you get to kill felhunters, but that's about it. Honestly speaking, if you perform the fight well, the spec you are playing is hardly relevant. I took close to no damage for the whole 11 mins of fight and the siphon easily outhealed it.

My lock for reference:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/A ... a/advanced

With 520 ilvl it's just about executing the mechanics, you'd probably win the fight without having to use a potion. Also a random thing, the fight seembs to bug if you remove the curse, as after that the boss just kept spawning imps over and over, which basically allowed me to nuke the shit out of him :P
The guide on icyveins is quite excellent for the fight.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Tonight was a lootastic night.

Thunderforged Spark of Zandalar
Tier gloves from Nalak.
PvP cloak from Nalak from a bonus roll
Thunderforged ret neck from a bonus roll
and 3 Secrets of the Empire
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Andurin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Had a great training session with my dog last night. And at the end of the training we had to walk around, and when we encounter someone we had to trade dogs. First person I ran into was the biggest, most energetic dog of the whole group, and he walked perfectly :D Feels really amazing to be able to pick up a random dog and be able to walk with it without it pulling your arms off ^^
Andurin

Postby Kelerei » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:50 am

Didn't wipe the raid on Durumu last night (first time we looked at him/it/blob) due to my near-total colourblindness... :D

(I just told my co-tank "when Light Spectrum phase starts, I'm just going to follow you around.")
Kelerei

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:38 am

Where the tank stands in the spectrum phase is luckily almost irrelevant :)

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General