Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 am

Honestly it felt very stupid that a pet that only spawns during a limited amount of time was also rare to find.

Just annoyed I wasted 15 minutes of my life to make a level 1 and beg a friend to fly me there :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 pm

So two questions...

What's the best way of leveling your first 3 pets to 25? Seems like such a slog.

Second, what's the best way to powerlevel once your first ones are lvl 25? Are you bringing a lvl one to a lvll 25 fight? or?..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zalaria » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:23 pm

I levelled a team from 1 to 25 by keeping them close-ish in level and fighting same-ish level wild pets. You're right, it was a slog.

I've heard people say a good way to do it is to use your team to catch pets 2-3 levels higher, then use those to catch 2-3 levels higher, all the way up. I havent tried it, but assuming you can manage the catches this seems like a much faster way.

Once you're up, you have a couple options. Like you said, bringing the lowbie to a high-level fight can work, though until they're 10ish they can get one-shot pretty easily.
Easier way is to make use of the daily trainer quests. Some of them you can easily take down with two pets, and have things about them that make it safe to bring in a level one. For example, Hyuna of the Shrines has the pet Dor the Wall, which only has one damage ability and that on a long cooldown. In between those attacks, you can swap in a lowbie, swing once, swap back to your 25, and continue the fight. When you win, your level 1 is now level 11.

There's a few like that, though that's the easiest one. You can get a pet to 25 in one round of dailies, though I will sometimes do a couple pets to the high teens then grind out the rest on level 25 wild pets.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Easiest way to level pets to 25 is to use Beast / Mechanical / Flying / Magic pets, and go against their weak pets
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:51 pm

halabar wrote:So two questions...

What's the best way of leveling your first 3 pets to 25? Seems like such a slog.

Second, what's the best way to powerlevel once your first ones are lvl 25? Are you bringing a lvl one to a lvll 25 fight? or?..

Bringing initial ones up: I did the "slog" bit as well, but it's way faster to "cascade" by continuously stepping up 2 or 3 levels once you have a green or two that can handle it.

http://tamerliopleurodon.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/cascading-a-pet-leveling-technique/

There's a link in there to how to level the "correct" ones later once you have a pair of 25s as well. The level 25s don't "soak" any XP any more - it all goes to the lower-level guys as long as they're in the fight for a round.

Zalaria wrote:In between those attacks, you can swap in a lowbie, swing once, swap back to your 25, and continue the fight. When you win, your level 1 is now level 11.

As a side note here, you only have to "swing once" if the lowbie is your "lead" pet. If it's swapped in during the fight instead, you can immediately swap it back out and it'll still get XP.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:54 pm

halabar wrote:So two questions...

Just do the tamer chain. Fight pets to in the zone to keep up with the levels needed for the zone tamer. You'll need to do this anyway for the power leveling so don't put it off.

[/quote]

Level a pet to level 2 or 3 from fighting squirrels in Stormwind. If you don't mind traveling hit up the Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms tamers. The low level will gain a bunch of levels while your 25s finish off the 20s you'll face. After that you just hit up some of the easier Pandarian tamers like Farmer Nishi, one aquatic can take out her entire team, or Hyuna once you get a strong team to take out her first two easily. The Air Spirit is also easy to take out if you have an Infinite Whelpling as that darn dragon can take out that entire team.

For a strong group of 3 that should work pretty good for leveling to 25 I'd go with Anubisth Idol, a strong mechanical like the Darkmoon Tonk and an aquatic with aquatic attacks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby SteveL » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 am

Easy way to power-level your low level pets once you have a couple of level 25 pets is to go to Dragonblight. Just to the East of Wyrmrest Temple is a large skeleton with lots of Dragonbone Hatchlings. Team your pet which you are leveling with a couple of level 25 pets and go fight. The Dragonbone Hatchlings re-spawn very quickly, so there's minimum downtime, and there's a Stable Master on the East side of Wyrmrest temple, so it takes 10 seconds and a few silver to heal all your pets back to 100% health. There's also another large skeleton to the South West of Wyrmrest Temple, but that's a little bit further from the Stable Master. Since the char will also get exp, use a neglected alt and level them up at the same time. Over a period of a week or so doing this, my DK went from 85 to 90! 8-)

Steve
SteveL
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Looks like pets don't need to actually partake in a battle to get the XP from it. Just got 4455 XP on a level 18 pet on the Farmer Nishi fight without the pet actually being active.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 am

Flex wrote:Looks like pets don't need to actually partake in a battle to get the XP from it. Just got 4455 XP on a level 18 pet on the Farmer Nishi fight without the pet actually being active.

Been watching mine, and don't think I've seen that. Did it take damage during the fight from and AOE, even though it wasn't "active"?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zalaria » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 am

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:Looks like pets don't need to actually partake in a battle to get the XP from it. Just got 4455 XP on a level 18 pet on the Farmer Nishi fight without the pet actually being active.

Been watching mine, and don't think I've seen that. Did it take damage during the fight from and AOE, even though it wasn't "active"?

Nishi's sunflower does an AOE.
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:44 am

yea. I did a fight later and got no XP for it. Nishi's AoE might be the trigger for that.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:49 am

Interesting observation though. Can make it that much easier to get past fights with AOE since you don't have to swap the lowbie in.
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:25 pm

So I'm just now really getting into this pet battling stuff seriously and man.. that Anubisath Guardian basically soloing Spirit tamers? Broooken.
Teranoid

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:54 am

heh, Celestial Dargon used to be able too as well.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:38 pm

It just feels weird trivializing certain things. Like I tried the 3 undead pet deal on Nitun and got absolutely obliterated. Used a alpine fox howl/dazzling and then 2 shot him with my Kun-Lai runt. Fuck Dos-Ryga though :<
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General