Remove Advertisements

Oxhorn Bladebreaker vs Tigerclaw Cape

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Oxhorn Bladebreaker vs Tigerclaw Cape

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:58 am

There's an Agi tank cloak. I think the "apply your enchant to your cloak" thing does make sense, but I wouldn't consider the bearskin sold until we actually skinned it...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Gruck » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 am

The legendary tank enchant seems to me like the ardent defender we used to have: A passive talent that saves your ass every once in a while. However, there might be some fights where this could become more than useful, but most of the time (from my experience) you either die anyways or have something else to use (e.g. new Sacred Shield and still ardent defender or course). If this would safe yourself in fights like Ra-Den (one hit kills), this would be really great. I guess this also depends on how much additional damage the dd enchant will bring...
Gruck

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:53 am

Well, I do remember us being totally in love with the passive Ardent Defender, but I think it had something else that made it the awesome tool it was.

EDIT: Right - it had an heal included to counteract the deadly attack.

Sagara

Postby daishan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:08 am

If I'm reading the new proc correctly it'll be even stronger than the old AD.

"FULLY absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you."

To me that sounds like you could take a decapitate or high stacked massive attack to the face and loose zero hp, assuming that it was a big enough single hit to normally kill you.
Ofc on smaller hits it won't be quite as strong but still a 1 min cd!
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Ironshield » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:16 am

But smaller hits wouldn't normally kill you unless you were desperately reaching for Lay on Hands anyway. Except of course if that big hit only takes 99% of your health and then a melee hit comes after it it could be annoying.

I'm guessing we're going to need to get an addon or aura to track this ASAP, or nubsoaking avoidable big hits while this is on CD could cause some frustration.
Ironshield

Postby Thels » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:21 am

Sagara wrote:Well, I do remember us being totally in love with the passive Ardent Defender, but I think it had something else that made it the awesome tool it was.

EDIT: Right - it had an heal included to counteract the deadly attack.

I don't think there's really that much difference between being brought to 1 hp and then healed up for a bit, or having the entire hit absorbed. It's the passive cheat death itself that makes it amazing.

And yeah, there is a "tanking" agi cloak (which is weird, since the Brewmaster/Guardian tier pieces don't even have "tanking" stats on them). I doubt they'll lock us out of certain legendary effects just because we picked different stats than what the itemization team deems best for us.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:27 am

Well, technically, they could say "the right cloak is available at the Quartermaster, only 10k!"
Low blow, but hey!

Sagara

Postby Thels » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:39 am

Right now you can't get a second version of the cloak, can you?
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:44 am

You can if you sell your cloak, costs a few thousands gold.

You just can't have 2 cloaks at the same time, that's it, but they said they are considering fixing that in 5.4
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby daishan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:58 am

Thels wrote:I don't think there's really that much difference between being brought to 1 hp and then healed up for a bit, or having the entire hit absorbed. It's the passive cheat death itself that makes it amazing.

Definitely the cheat death that makes it amazing but on a fight with a nasty dot that ticks every 0.5 sec the absorb version looses some of its value as it'll only give you and your healers an extra 0.5 sec.
Where as on a boss that does occasional 800k single hit specials the absorb version becomes massively op.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:18 am

Or maybe the enchant will be an item you can buy (the first is a quest reward) so that you can choose which "enchant" to put on the cloak that you like best.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Gruck » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:49 am

daishan wrote:Definitely the cheat death that makes it amazing but on a fight with a nasty dot that ticks every 0.5 sec the absorb version looses some of its value as it'll only give you and your healers an extra 0.5 sec.
Where as on a boss that does occasional 800k single hit specials the absorb version becomes massively op.

You're right: It really depends on the encounter design or the design of the whole raid tier. If there will be several bosses with one-shot mechanics, it'll be worth taking. Do we already know if the damage enchant will scale as good as the meta gem does today?
Gruck

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:40 am

Gruck wrote:
daishan wrote:Definitely the cheat death that makes it amazing but on a fight with a nasty dot that ticks every 0.5 sec the absorb version looses some of its value as it'll only give you and your healers an extra 0.5 sec.

You're right: It really depends on the encounter design or the design of the whole raid tier. If there will be several bosses with one-shot mechanics, it'll be worth taking. Do we already know if the damage enchant will scale as good as the meta gem does today?

Depends on the proc rate. It also scales with weapon damage, not pure attack power like the meta gem.

...and whether or not it procs Seal of Insight (if it does, then having six 50+k heals within two seconds would be awesome):)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Ironshield » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:18 am

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146193-endurance-of-niuzao
"...This effect has a 60 second cooldown"
Ironshield

Postby daishan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:26 am

I think Fetzie was meaning what's the proc rate of the dps cloak.
If it's high enough we'll probably want the dps one for add fights.
daishan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice