Remove Advertisements

10 man heroic progression path?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

10 man heroic progression path?

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:08 am

I know it's very early days yet, but anyone got any thoughts regarding progression path? In a 10 hour/week guild, so we'd rather go for the most accessible heroics first rather than bashing away at a linear order until it drops.

Based on initial impressions I'm thinking something like: Jin'rokh -> Tortos -> Ji'Kun -> Horridon as an initial order, but perhaps I'm overestimating the gear check of Horridon. Our average ilevel going into this reset is around 508, though with a fair bit of variance (one person up at 517, a couple down at 502).
Rhiannon

Re: 10 man heroic progression path?

Postby Winkle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:58 am

Sounds reasonable, perhaps Jin > Horridon > Tortos > Ji'Kun. Either way i don't think 502 ilvl's going to cut it.
Winkle

Postby Vayacondios » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:19 am

Jin>Tortos>Ji'Kun imo. Get those three and then work on Horridon and Elders. Horridon takes some fairly strong tanks and healers with a semi-tight DPS check depending on your comp.
Vayacondios

Postby Grommash » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Is Ji'kun and Tortos 2 heal encounters on 10 man?
Grommash

Postby Vayacondios » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 pm

We two healed Tortos, three healed Ji'Kun.
Vayacondios

Postby Kai » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 pm

After doing ji'kun yesterday, I'm fairly certain that he's on the same level as the first boss. Might be even easier. Took us 13 attempts to kill it and would have killed it on the 10th if the tank said 'need CD for next talon attack' before he actually died to it.
3 healed it but mainly because that was the 10 that we had available. Felt like 2 healing would have be fine. Only comes down to tanks figuring out the swaps to not get gibbed by talon strike while having one tank on the nests with big adds. Really does not fell all that different from normal.
Kai

Postby Treck » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:27 am

Wowprogress speaks for itself tbh.
Rank number of kills and only look at 10man.
Jun'rokh > Horridon > Ji-kun > Tortos > Council > Magaera > Iron Qon > Primordius > Durumu > Twins > Dark Animus > Lei Shen

However you might wanna do Tortos before Ji-kun due to the simple fact of him beeing before anyway and you cant go back, otherwise seems similar in difficulty.
Iron Qon also might be easier than Magaera, but further in so not as many have tried him.
Since he drops nice loot + tier, he might be a better boss to spend time on (altho Magaera has some nice loots as well)
Treck

Postby Kai » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 am

No, people naturally try the earlier bosses at first and don't skip right through. if you look at attempts vs kills, I am sure ji'kun comes out as much easier then horridon. And from the time spent there, Iron Qon also looks rather simple. Just that not many guilds have even tried that.
Kai

Postby Treck » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:56 am

But just cause Ji-kun is slightly easier than tortos, and maybe Horridon is a bit harder than later bosses, once you have killed them on normalmode, you cant go back.
If you are able to kill Ji-kun you are likely able to get tortos down at that point as well, and if you work on Tortos first maybe you can even get both the same week.
Sure if its your last raid night, you decide to kill off a few on normal and then go for a later easy boss, but I dont know if those kind of guilds would take them in 2-3 tries, or still use a few hours on the bosses, at that point it might be better time invested in doing a harder boss you have had a few tries on, than starting a whole new encounter, even if its a bit easier.
Treck

Postby Grommash » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Not that it's a great comparison but how easy are consorts on 10 man heroic? Paragon killed them incredibly quick but that typically doesn't tell the entire story of how hard a boss is. Not really looking for tips, but how hard are Twins on Heroic?

Edit: We skipped Tortos this week after doing Horridon and went straight to Ji-Kun because of time constraints. If you only have a few hours left in your raid Ji-kun is a really good place to go. The tuning is fairly low on this boss and it's based 100% on strategy/execution that doesn't really deviate. We killed it in less than 2 hours which is pretty quick for a heroic boss IMO.

We 2 healed Ji-kun heroic with 3 tanks. Had a blood DK in full DPS gear go to nearly every platform and tank the ones with nest guardians. Pretty sure this would work with a Monk/Prot Paladin as well if you wanted to go this route. We wanted to simplify it by never having the tanks leave the platform to tank the nest guardians, which ended up working nicely.
Grommash

Postby Donatist » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:14 am

We did Jinrokh>Horridon>Tortos>JiKun>Iron Qon

Working on Council and Maegara this week and have some attempts on Twin Consorts. JiKun was less than an hour of total pulls, and we killed Horridon, Tortos and Jikun all in the second week of heroics. Iron Qon was probably about as difficult as Horridon from the pure hps, dps check but easy strategy wise.
Donatist

Postby Sturrm » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:36 am

Sorry for the necro... but I was wondering if I could get some input on heroic progression path based on my raid's gear and current progress.

Average raidwide ilvl of 529.
Currently only have Jin-Rokh and Horridon down. We did 3 pulls on Ji-Kun and got him to 23%.

Given gear and nerfs, what would yall recommend as a progression path? We were thinking of going with:
Jinrokh>Horridon>Tortos>JiKun>Iron Qon
Last edited by Sturrm on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sturrm

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:48 am

Honestly, stick it out with Ji'kun. I'm not sure what's wiping your raid, but you're at the point for blust. After that, I'd say go Qon.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Definitely Ji-Kun next for you. I would say:

Twins / Tortos / Iron Qon
Twins is one of the easiest fights mechanically, but it has a DPS requirement that will probably not be met if anyone dies before the berserk (at which point you still have some 30sec to kill). Tortos and Iron Qon can take a while to learn, but their actual gear requirements are quite low. In all of these fights you can fudge the hardest part with Heroism (Twins at first Dawn, Qon during Molten, Tortos during the soft enrage). IMO they are all similar difficulty to Ji-Kun.

Durumu / Primordius
These fights are very similar to normal mode and with upgraded gear their DPS check is not all that steep depending on your comp. Durumu was an extreme gear check for the first guilds that faced him, but these days anyone at 6/13H with a decent class for killing them should have plenty of gear to stomp ice walls.

Megaera / Council
These are both pretty complex and demanding on individual awareness. Once you learn them they will be repeatable, but they took us longer than most of the others.

Dark Animus -> Lei Shen -> Ra-Den
There's a reason this guy is last, the DPS requirements are steep and the HPS requirements if you 2-heal are pretty silly also. You need to execute the strategy that works best for your group, which may not be immediately obvious. Obviously Lei Shen requires all previous bosses as does Ra-Den. From what I hear, Lei Shen is easier than Dark Animus and Ra-Den is a joke compared to what came before him. I'll let you know if those are true soon enough ;)
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby daishan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 am

That's pretty much how I see the difficulty curve, except for DA been harder than Lei Shen.

DA is more annoying for sure, took us about 70 wipes over 2 and a bit raids, I think we'd of had smoother prog if we could of 3 tanked it.

We have a very good Lie Shen comp disc + MW heals 2 rogues and a mage for solo soaking and a lock for gateways.
Took us about 90 wipes over 6-7 raid nights, our prog was a little strange in that somewhere around try 30 we got him to 13% then hardly saw p2 for the next raid then had a 1% wipe try 70 ish then derped all the next raid before 1 shotting it on the 6/7th raid night.
I think the rng of who gets what during transitions and last phase is what might make some ppl consider it easier than DA, you could get a fairly quick 1st kill but if you do I think you'll pay for it with spending much longer on your 2nd and 3rd kills.

Ra Den is a joke for sure, Fatal Strike can be annoying and everyone needs to know what they're doing but I'd rank it somewhere around Durumu or Tortos solo tanked.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)