[10H] Twin Consorts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Twin Consorts

Postby Riemu » Wed May 15, 2013 7:53 am

We had about 25 pulls on those two. Currently standing at 5/13 - 522 average.

2 Tanks (prot pally/brm) - 3 Heal (pally, disc, shaman) - 5 DPS

Any tips von positioning in P2 / P3?

I believe we lose too much DPS by moving because comets are further away / people get knocked back by fire lane charge and stuff like that

We also have insanely high stacks in P3 (like 20ish) and keep dying to the random AoE. We also have alot of comets "fizzle" on us. How can that be avoided? Obviously, don't position the boss between 2 comets etc. and only have her in range of one. But it looks like comets get fizzled by Fire Lane, or people standing next to them or sth like hat. Is there another mechanic we don't know about?

Also, are you supposed to put her next to the comet immediatelly (if you dont need it for nuclear)? Or are you supposed to wait for like 5 stacks on her before pulling her near a comet? (heard sth about that in a video). Also, does it matter how near she is? or is it ok as long as the stacks / comet hp get reduced?

I feel if we can figure out that part of the fight, we will have a kill pretty soon - everything else seems stable
RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789
Riemu

Postby quotey » Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 am

It doesn't matter how close she is to the comet, so long as she has the debuff. On comet fizzling, I've no idea. We had a comet completely disappear when it was at full health, just after a tidal force last night and had to heal through the inferno.

We just move her next to non inferno comets whenever one spawns. Never waited for stacks or anything like that.
quotey

Postby Darielle » Wed May 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Suen does Light of Day on people. Light of DAy has an 8-yard splash and instantly melts comets.

TLDR: Don't stand within 8 yards of comets.
Darielle

Postby Riemu » Tue May 28, 2013 6:51 am

Hi Guys,

short questions regarding Twins HC. I'm solo tanking boss+beast+add - our Monk tank is handling suen in P1.
I'm trying to optimize my Damage on Lulin in P1.

What's your playstyle here? Glyphs? CD Management?

I'm currently going with AS/FS/BH and FW. My Focus lies on finishing the Beasts fast and then focus on the Boss.
I don't wanna waste any Damage on the Adds and rather put it on the Boss instead. Only cleave I do is HoTR and Consecration on the adds.
Our Raid usually does no Damage on the Adds - 1-2 WL/Shadow for some extra proccs. I'm trying to maximize the Add Uptime so I have higher levels of Vengeance.
There are hard spikes nevertheless when I tank 10+ Adds and the Beast is up. I use Cons/HoTR to eventually kill some, so I don't have 20+ up (which will prolly gib me?)

How are you guys using your cooldowns here? HA at pull for maximized damage? Or at the first beast phase? (will lose one HA then in P1 though).

I'll then take Suen at the beginning of P2 while tanking the remaining 10+ Adds for 2 Stacks. (our offtank couldn't keep aggro anyways, rocking about 250k Vengeance at this point)
After that we switch at 2 stacks, always using DP for the 2nd stack.

I usually don't have trouble surviving. Only two rocky situations. P1 when I have Beast + 10+ adds and P2 when RNG gibs me (1st stack for which I dont have a cd, aoe tick, light of day or stuff like that). Only happened twice in 40 tries though.

Do you have some tips? Anything to improve?

Another thing:

HP oder LH? HP allows me to heal up after barrage (if it heals the right person though.. not sure how HP chooses its heal targets... doesn't look that intelligent to me...)
LH can be used every other Nuklear? Combined with our 2nd Pally, we would have LH for every Nuclear. Probably better?
RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789
Riemu

Postby Grommash » Tue May 28, 2013 3:10 pm

LH is probably the best for nuclears. Prot Paladin LHs are beast.
Grommash

Postby Darielle » Wed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I usually don't have trouble surviving. Only two rocky situations. P1 when I have Beast + 10+ adds and P2 when RNG gibs me (1st stack for which I dont have a cd, aoe tick, light of day or stuff like that). Only happened twice in 40 tries though.

Do you have some tips? Anything to improve?

I would say the issue at having 10 adds is probably because the clear isn't being done correctly, and if your other tank can't keep threat, he/she probably isn't completely aware of Suen's mechanics in p1.

Suen has a normal aggro table in P1. On the pull, and during Tears, when she's hidden, she continues to take damage and generate threat on people.
EVery time she comes out for Tears, she will pop up at the highest threat target. I'm the person who does it in our raid, so as a Bear on the pull I go up with an FFF and a Thrash before she disappears, I may have to taunt her the first time, but I ensure that I do enough Mangling and other damage spells to ensure that from that point on she will always pop out at me.

Beyond that, your clear has to be focused on targetting the largest cluster. I think the most we've ever had to deal with on a clear has been 5-6? Part of that is because as adds are forming and shadowbolting, a route is being planned. Also, Suen moves faster with speed boosts during Tears. So for me, I use Cat+Dash and so on, hopefully your tank is using the tools that he/she has, and you can also use Stamp Roars as necessary.

Similarly as a result, that tank should have several million threat on Suen when she spawns in Day. She doesn't clear threat; so he should have a prettty significant advantage and not something where you pull it off within 5 seconds. Worst case, have him/her take a hit from Lu'lin before she disappears.

Definitely LH over HP imo. The first Nuclear is basically the hard part of the fight from that point on.

If you use HA after the end of the first Tears, you can use it again in P1 on the 4th Tears/3rd Beast. I know I can do that with Stamp which is also a 2 min cd. You'll probably get a few seconds on the first Beast as well that way.
Darielle

Postby Donatist » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:08 am

Try sitting while tanking Lulin too, you get lots of vengeance. I think i get in the neighborhood of around 30%. She can crit for 400k though so try to only sit when you are at 100% or ShoTr is up.
Donatist

Postby Schroom » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 am

really easy Boss, kileld it on our first night of Progression. the only hard thing about it is the DPS check,. killed it about 20 seconds into enrage. (AD procc + BUbble/taunt until the Boss starts casting ftw.)
Schroom

Postby stevos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:02 am

When do you guys use hero/lust?

Icy veins recommends p2, but to me p3 seems better.
stevos

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:05 pm

We lust at the start of p2 just to push suen lower. P3 lust is just a waste imo because you really should have suen sub 15% at worst.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby stevos » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:09 am

It was a little too easy a kill in the end.

Used it at start of p2
stevos

Postby Schroom » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:03 am

Fenrìr wrote:We lust at the start of p2 just to push suen lower. P3 lust is just a waste imo because you really should have suen sub 15% at worst.

this
Schroom

Postby Darielle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

As long as you do it when targets are not immune, and when all 10 people are out (aka not when someone's activating Constellations), it doesn't make much of a difference.

You don't exactly have a hard time in Dush Phase unless you go long enough to have 3 Tidal Forces, so Heroing there just means you can use the extra Haste on top of a little bit of cleave/multidot.

Hero'ing on Suen just means you have probably one less Inferno to worry about, maybe skip a TF if the timings line up. But like I said, as long as you're not having 3 TF's, there's no real danger. Pick one and go.

Suen WILL line up so that it lets you take advantage of second round of 3-min cd's. After the first TF in Dusk will line up to let you take advantage of second round of 3-min cd's, and second round of 5-min cd's, and will let multi-dot/Cleave take advantage of it for 30 seconds (you're guaranteed to have a 10-second span where one is doing TF or Inferno so you can only single target there)
Darielle

Postby Rokh » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Few cool tricks we use.

If you have a dps start the fight by pulling fire, she is perma ago on that dps no matter what you do during the dark phase.
So we just have that dps stand near where the most shadow adds are so that she will spawn and run to him instantly. we use a mage so we can them blink to another group of adds, pretty much clears them out ever tears.

Also we start dragon buff as soon as day starts, that kills the rng of the 1st meteor.

Hope that helps.
Rokh

Postby Darielle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm

If you have a dps start the fight by pulling fire, she is perma ago on that dps no matter what you do during the dark phase.
So we just have that dps stand near where the most shadow adds are so that she will spawn and run to him instantly. we use a mage so we can them blink to another group of adds, pretty much clears them out ever tears.

Note: Suen has a normal threat table. She will pop up on the person who is highest threat, and will continue to follow that person only so long as they remain highest threat, and continues to be tauntable etc.

This means that if you pull with a Hunter autoshooting, he WILL be overtaken by the Priest running dots through while she's up. What you're probably noticing is merely that the person you have who does the pull (the Mage) is also coincidentally the person who does most damage to Suen.

This also means that it's REALLY easy for tanks to rip threat off, especially since healing threat also counts.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)