Remove Advertisements

[10H] Lei Shen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Lei Shen

Postby daishan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 am

Oops forgot to say about bubble, I only tried the once as far as I remember it still did the push back just did no dmg.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:36 am

ok thanks, that's one less wipe we have to worry about to test this :)
Schroom

Postby Kai » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:16 am

just spec into the sprint and you don't have to worry about it, as long as you don't hug the edge.
Kai

Postby Donatist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:33 am

Unglyph DP is a no-brainer on this fight. P3 dot damage + Thunderstruck and wind dmg mitigation, p2 fusion slash every time you take it 40% CD as well. For intermission unglyphed DP is great again for if you get helm or have to soak a static shock with one other person.

For my p1 platform it was rogue + me. SoL is more than enough as long as you dont waste it. In over 200 attempts never have been targeted twice by helm. Many time have gotten 2 static shocks tho. Just have your dps immune the first one and you both CD the second one.

For the first decapitate the way it works is when he decapitate you have 3 HP saved other tank taunts at~3 seconds on debuff, ShoTR as hes running and pop AD. When you reach the boss on the other platform pop HA and taunt boss and go to town with 500k vengeance. Just make sure healers undertand you are taking 400k melees if you /sit which I do. Also DP is useful when he does the lightning smash on the ground since again thats magic damage.

But for the first intermission btw i always did DP on Helm, Goak on +sac on dps for second (non-immunity) static shock + Loh for you or the dps if they are not full health or above at least 90%. Rogue takes far less damage than me so usually LoHd myself especially if i soaked a bolt.

Hope this helps a bit
Donatist

Postby Schroom » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:31 am

in worst case I found that "Swiftness Potion" can be an amazing emergency button for the Helm.
Schroom

Postby Riemu » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 am

I have a short question for plattform transitions in P2.

We start at Diffusion, take it to level 2 and transition with the 2nd (I forgot the name, the tank smash thingy) to the next plattform (overcharge). There we wait for it to reach level 2 but don't push it with the 2nd tank-smas-thingy but abit earlier when he casts the 2nd lightning whip (tanks move to range while he casts whip, then he moves abit and starts to cast the tank-smash-thingy and then continues to walk towards the 3rd pillar).

From what I have gathered and seen in a couple of videos, thats exactly how you are supposed to do it. However, we always get the overcharge plattform higher than the diffusion chain this way which fucks our p3.

It there a trick we are missing? We researched a bit and I guess he needs to be at the diffusion chain instantly when we come out the first transition. On top of that, we need to position him on the overcharge plattform at max range to the pillar, so that the 1-2 steps he takes between lightning whip and the tank-smash-thingy are enough for him to lose the overcharge pillar?

Is that the correct way to do? Or am I missing something?
RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789
Riemu

Postby Schroom » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:15 am

Riemu wrote:I have a short question for plattform transitions in P2.

We start at Diffusion, take it to level 2 and transition with the 2nd (I forgot the name, the tank smash thingy) to the next plattform (overcharge). There we wait for it to reach level 2 but don't push it with the 2nd tank-smas-thingy but abit earlier when he casts the 2nd lightning whip (tanks move to range while he casts whip, then he moves abit and starts to cast the tank-smash-thingy and then continues to walk towards the 3rd pillar).

From what I have gathered and seen in a couple of videos, thats exactly how you are supposed to do it. However, we always get the overcharge plattform higher than the diffusion chain this way which fucks our p3.

It there a trick we are missing? We researched a bit and I guess he needs to be at the diffusion chain instantly when we come out the first transition. On top of that, we need to position him on the overcharge plattform at max range to the pillar, so that the 1-2 steps he takes between lightning whip and the tank-smash-thingy are enough for him to lose the overcharge pillar?

Is that the correct way to do? Or am I missing something?

yep we play it the same way.

our warriortank is allready on the Dissusion plattfrm when P2 starts and he drags the boss over instantly. the second "tank-smash-thingy" how you call it is mine. nonetheless we don't pull him over exactly "with" the push. our warrior taunts when he casts to throw me, I get out of range, run a few staps back and then taunt and pull him voer then. thios should give you a couple more % on the right pillar.

from 2 to 3. we also run already while he casts the whip and he is already disconnected to pillar when he starts throwing the tank.
Schroom

Postby Riemu » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:32 am

Thanks you, that was exactly what I was looking for!

@ Schroom: Dank dir! Denke mal jetzt sollte es passen :-)
RL, GM and Pally Tank for 10-man Guild Plage, EU-Gorgonnash
Chars: Prot Paladin / Blood DK

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/plageriemu

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789
Riemu

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Yeah, it took us a while to figure out that exact timing even with watching videos and whatnot.

On the transition away from Diffusion, he needs to be back by the edge of the platform so that when he uses Fusion Slash, you can taunt that for the transition and he will stay connected to the conduit for a couple seconds while he runs. The receiving tank wants to taunt after the first tank lands from the punch.

On the transition away from Overcharge, he needs to be right at the middle of the platform so that as Lightning Whip ends, he disconnects from the conduit and is completely off that platform as Fusion Slash finishes casting. The receiving tank wants to taunt right as the Fusion Slash cast finishes.

If we slipped on either of those, we would get a double Overcharge right as we activated the Bouncing Bolts which was pretty much always a wipe. Also, we had enough DPS to push before the Ball Lightning on that platform but found it better to always just wait with him at 32.0% when the balls came out, then knock him below 31.0% just as he begins to cast Lightning Whip. This might seem like the Whip gets in the way but really it just buys you a couple more seconds to get in position for the intermission phase.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Winkle » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:35 am

Alternatively you can simply end at diffusion, move from each other pillar when he uses Fusion Slash, worked for us at least.
Winkle

Postby Donatist » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 am

In p2 when he runs to diffusion first position Lei Shen as far away from the overcharge pillar as possible. He should be standing on the far edge of the platform. When he does the second Fusion Slash you as the tank should be able to position yourself so that when he chases you he will run through diffusion zone for those brief seconds. Then you can position yourself as he debuffs the raid so that he does not actually enter the overcharge platform until the middle of that zone where everyone should be stacked for the overcharge. Finally, after the overcharge pulse position him on the edge and then wait for the second slash to go to bolts and you should never have a problem.

This is the way weve done this now for awhile.
Donatist

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 am

Hello peeps!

We're finally in the home stretch and started pulling Lei Shen 25 last night. I wanted to check opinions on how we're handling the first part, and a few tips on the second one. SO basically (for the record, the tanks are two pallies)

a) One tank starts at DL. When Thunderstruck is being cast, the other one (me) walks to SS.
b) 82 Energy - WW Monk taunts, Flying Serpent -> Roll to me, where I taunt ASAP.
c) Decapitate happens a couple of seconds later, I AD that one. When Thunderstruck is casting, I make my way to BB with 5 HoPo.
d) 86 Energy - WW Monk re-does the taunt-fly trick to me. I grab it and blow all my HoPo ASAP to cover the 3 seconds when I'm still under Decap.
e) Decap again. This time, I run out to ranged and WoG myself back up

The last swap is trickier. Basically, we need to move him around the time the Thunderstruck happens. Problem is, either I taunt just before Thunderstruck to let the other tank run to OC (meaning I'm tanking with a Decap for a bit of time, and we have had a few taunt immunities happen at that point), or the other tank starts running at thunderstruck, and we pray he can get in position before Lei Shen lops the Monk's head off, or we need to move him without WW help at least once to limit the amount of taunts stacked. (EDIT: I was reading the topic again, another plan would be to Bubble off the decap on e) and keep me on the boss. Would that work?)

Now, when things happen right, I usually grab Lei Shen when he gets out of transition and rush him to the DC. Is that really a smart move, because if the ranged is half-spread/half stacked a couple of seconds later, DC is going to do a number on them. Is it smart to temporize Lei Shen's connection?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Thels » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 am

I'm raiding with 3 priests, so we use Life Grip to quickly get the current tank from one platform to another. We time our movements:

1st platform: Right after Decap and Tank switch. (Note that there's a Crashing Thunder 3 seconds before Decap.)
2nd platform: 4-5 seconds before the special hits a 2nd time.
3rd platform: 4-5 seconds before the special hits a 2nd time.

That should keep 1st platform highest on energy. Note that we want to overcharge Static Shock first, so we go SS -> BB -> OC -> DC.

We overcharge Diffusion Chain second. We only have 1 warrior, but 3 shamans (and 2 mistweavers who aren't considered ranged), so we have glyphed grounding totems covering the ranged/healers every second Diffusion Chain, which works just as well as Mass Spell Reflect.

We were trying DC -> OC -> BB during 2nd phase for a while, but there wasn't much merit to it, and caused quite some issues, so we're going BB -> OC -> DC next time around.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby daishan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:57 am

To me it sounds like you're making platform switches overly complex by having your dps monk taunt, I assume your doing that due to provoke's speed boost? But didn't they make Lei Shen immune to the speed boost part?

On 10 man tanking with decap debuff isn't very dangerous, if it hurts too much on 25 you could always bubble it off.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:00 am

I'm not sure if Lei Shen is immune. We've kept that idea in the back of our minds for our Mistweavers if need be, but we didn't really need it. If you don't need it, it's just making things overcomplicated.

Also, unless 1 tank is way better geared than the other, or you really need the extra DPS from the vengeance (less likely to matter on 25 man), just tank switching and running out is the safest. I use Speed of Light to run away the first time I get Decap, but Ardent Defender the 2nd time I get Decap, so I still have my sprint in case I get helm right after.
ImageImage
Thels

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)