Stack dropping issues

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Stack dropping issues

Postby Caddirly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:27 pm

All,
I have not found anything but did they change how Divine Protection works on dropping stacks? About two weeks ago I was able to bubble to drop stacks on fights and then within these last two weeks, including last night I noticed that stacks werent dropping. The fights were Megaera, Council, and Horridon. In all three cases I would DP and cancel. I varied the amount of time I left bubble up to see if that was the issue and they still did not drop. Am i missing something?
Thanks!
Caddirly

Re: Stack dropping issues

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm going to assume you mean Divine Shield, as Divine Protection is not the bubble. (Unless you're really just using the wrong spell?)

Buttttt that doesn't sound possible. I used bubble to cancel Horridon stacks just this past weekend without issue.

I don't remember if bubble cancels frigid assault stacks. I've never tried, I don't think.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Caddirly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:42 pm

You are correct, Divine Shield, sorry. Maybe it worked and I missed it but I did not notice it dropping. Thanks and I will check it on lfr tonight so I can get a few more tests in. Thank you for your response.
Caddirly

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 pm

The only other thing I can think of is that you already had forbearance and although you thought you bubbled, you really hadn't.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Used it last night on heroic horridon and it dropped like normal.

As far as I'm aware, it has never worked on Council or Meg stacks (just prevents damage for the duration)
Xfighter

Postby Bellanka » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 am

Xfighter wrote:it has never worked on Council or Meg stacks (just prevents damage for the duration)

Still works on Durumu, Horridon, Iron Qon, Lei Shen, Ji-Kun*, and Primordius* too.

*DS only.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Volitaire » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Why drop the Primordius stack? Just curious because it provides the DPS bonus to killing the adds...of course I thinking more for HM as you have to deal with the large black adds and if you can avoid DPS helping on those that makes the fight go quicker anyways :) Of course killing the adds on normal would be good too so you can get yourself transformed which is always a nice dps increase.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Schroom » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 am

I dropped the Primordius tack on normal. this made it possible for me to stack up to 10 with HoPu rotation then drop and stack again up to about 4 or 5 before switching. giving me tankmate more time to collect his Mutation.

in HM it's not recommended of course, except something goes terribly wrong.
Schroom

Postby Caddirly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am

Just want to say thanks all. I just tried using it a few times that it wasnt meant for. Sorry was still learning Prot pally after switching to it from warrior tanking. I appreciate your assistance! Going strong now and loving every minute of it.
Caddirly

Postby Marfyy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Caddirly wrote:Just want to say thanks all. I just tried using it a few times that it wasnt meant for. Sorry was still learning Prot pally after switching to it from warrior tanking. I appreciate your assistance! Going strong now and loving every minute of it.

Feel your pain, switched from warrior to paladin at durumu hc. Went from blues to ToT hc. Funny thing is that I couldn't see myself liking paladin more than warrior, until I actually played it seriously, and now, I can barely stand playing the warrior. Every GCD feels like an eternity.
Marfyy

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations