Remove Advertisements

[10H] Lei Shen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Lei Shen

Postby Donatist » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:19 am

I thought that ring of peace doesn't work on silencing them anymore. Or is it they have to spawn in the ring of piece?
Donatist

Postby Kiz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:20 am

Haven't seen using warrior mass spell reflect mentioned here to ignore every second diff chain. Makes the add spawn on the boss with a normal threat table and doesn't create a billion of them. 98% sure the shaman glyph for grounding totem (reflect) does the same thing.
Kiz

Postby Schroom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:38 am

Donatist wrote:I thought that ring of peace doesn't work on silencing them anymore. Or is it they have to spawn in the ring of piece?

actually we haven't tried it out ourselfs yet. we are starting progression on lei shen this ID. but I will glady tell you if it still works.
Schroom

Postby Donatist » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 am

Just so you know, glyph of Holy Wrath does stun them.
Donatist

Postby Schroom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:50 am

yeah but for the price of a DPS loss, as Battlehealer and DP are pretty mandatory in my opinion.
Schroom

Postby daishan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 am

I ran with DP un-glyphed.
In P1 and P2 Lei Shen really doesn't do that much dmg.

I found that if anything took me low it was the ball lightenings if we where to bunched up in melee or the raid wide aoe when dragging from one pillar to the next, both of which are magic.

Same for the transitions all magic dmg only helm that might take you low, even if you get a big add they don't hit very hard.

P3 is the only phase where you might want DP glyphed but I found the dot to be more dangerous than his melee. If you haven't got plenty of other aoe stuns I'd recommend holy wrath glyph as ball lightening was pretty much the biggest single raid wiper for us.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:21 am

Our monks were trying out Ring of Peace but they state it wasn't working for them.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:23 am

yup that's true, but as we are pretty much playing galiks strat we should never have more than 3 lightning balls in the firstplace.

and we are going to try and use ring of peace and otehr stuns'n'silences.

sure if it's needed I'll use it of course. I told my raidleader to pros and cons. It's up to him to decide ^^
Schroom

Postby Volitaire » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 pm

The unglyphed DP is really a better CD for you especially during P3 when the real danger is coming out from the DoT because your healers are focused on the other tank at that point in most cases. Most of the fight the physical damage isn't that dangerous as you should have plenty of CD options available to you to handle those small periods and there are alot of magic damage instances that you can get really good use out of an unglyphed DP. Like Daishan said the stun is really the best option in place of the DP glyph, the stun will be available for every set of orbs while other classes will often have to rotate to ensure their stun is available.

As tanks we never really found the ball lightnings to be dangerous to us but they are very dangerous if they start bouncing at all and the ability to 100% ensure they don't bounce will ensure the AOE on them doesn't become wasted and also that one of your other raid members doesn't get gibbed by it jumping to them. Being able to guarantee that the AOE stays in place and kills them will keep dps on the boss as well, time off the boss to deal with an individual jumping add is really not something you are going to want to deal with during progression.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Schroom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 pm

yup I agree. Had to play it myself first. And we had our first couple of attempts tonight. didn't come to the lighting bolts yet but the damage in P1 really doesn't need DP glyphed.

I tryed to AD the first decapitate, allthough I died emediatly to the Meleehit following Decapitate instantly so we decided to do it the normal way and taunt, as dps doesn't seem to be an issue.
Schroom

Postby daishan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

I use AD for first Decap but still let the other tank taunt (toggling off RF) gets some nice extra dps with no risk.
I also taunt the boss just before the next decap and bubble, this saves any running around and removes the risk of a badly placed overcharge from gibbing the active tank.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 pm

the thing that bothers be on fights like this with toggling off RF, ist he GCD on it. I macroed it to /cast RF /cancelaura RF and it is just so unreliable if I push anything before the macro is finished, even if I move I'm still without RF. and Waitting for a virtual Eternity before I can move or DPS. especially compared to my worgen warrior mate.

nonetheless, as I said TankDPS isn't really an issue in p1, as we go into sub 1 right after the 4th decapitate.

other question, what are the best ways to handle the Helm?

on my quarter I'm with a mage and we got no Lockportal or Priest close enough to us. the only thing I can image doing, is getting close to the center of the room and use speed of light. but even if that's enough. bad luck and a second helm will kill me.

edit: could it be "bubbled" off?
Schroom

Postby Grommash » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Well, it's fairly bad RNG if you get two in a single intermission. If you tank you can always position yourself as close to the middle as possible as tanks can't be overcharged.

You could also have your priest take the feathers talent and place a couple prior to the transition for problematic platforms.

Your other option is to level engineering for nitro boosts. Depends how serious you are though. Speed of light should be enough to counter one of them and if you get the second AND rocket boots malfunction.. well just wipe and do it again lol, the boss really doesn't want to die.
Grommash

Postby daishan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 pm

As long as you're on the inside edge of the circle floor marking SoL is enough, I never got helm twice in the 70+ wipes we had.
It's soaking a bouncer while having helm that gets tricky :p
Btw mage IB will stop him from getting pushed back by helm but he probably wants to have that for solo soaking.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:03 am

yeah our mage is an engineer so he got his nitro boots and Blink, + he can solo soak twice. that's why we decided to put him next to me as I don't get hit by most abilities, in order to make the 2 man quarter a bit more relax.

yup bad rng is bad. Good tip about the feathers to, I'll talk to our priest. He got a Lockportal on his side anyway, so he shouldn't need another speed talent.

did anybody ever try to bubble when helm was on them? just curious if it would jump to somebody else (like it happens with fixates in example)
Schroom

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)