Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

Guildie who, I believe due to frustration with the game ATM, basically got onto an uncharacteristic (and possibly rose-colored glasses) rant about how nothing is 'epic' anymore during an LFR run.

This was made particularly odd for me, since I am still not sure I even understood what they were talking about (first time into stuff is usually pretty cool for me, a few months into the same stuff *nothing* is epic anymore). Then there was some stuff about LFR, taking gear out, and much of the same arguments that were hashed and rehashed, buried, dug up, and used for a firelighter here.

All were pretty much in agreement that LFR's nature kinda sucks something out of the experience (and is likely why Flex is coming to pass), but I still argued that at least for me there had been enjoyable content and that a 'first time' experience can never be recaptured. To me, it seems the question really becomes: when do you decide that this isn't the game you want to play anymore?
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 am

Teranoid wrote:Fuck you Hexos.

That is all.

for me it is that dam robo-croc...
i am always a yard or 2 too short from being far enough away to avoid the last chomp

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Andurin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:57 am

Apple certificates, provisioning profiles and multiple development teams with the same name. That is all. !@#!%#@$!##@$!%!@#
Andurin

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Durumu being a cockblock. I hate this fight.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Haha, we wiped twice sub 1% on Durumu tonight :P was awesome ^^
Treck

Postby econ21 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:47 am

benebarba wrote:Guildie ... rant about how nothing is 'epic' anymore during an LFR run.

Nothing epic except the fail? Sorry, I could not resist.

It's a decidedly mixed experience, but I've found tanking LFR is actually the most epic thing I've experienced in WoW lately. Being the solo tank for the last few bosses on ToT (as no second tank can be found in LFR) is good for ones ego. "No tank, don't pull, you are going to DIE". ... "Oh, good job, tank".

My frustration is that my guild can't field 10 raiders anymore. We had a good DPS, but he wanted to raid more and at a higher level, and we can't replace him. I can't wait for virtual realms, although I am not sure it will solve our recruitment problem. Nobody wants to join a guild run for a fresh ToT on a Friday night? It's sad.
econ21

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:40 am

Seriously, fuck durumu in his eyeball.

This boss is giving us the most headaches this raid, we still haven't been able to kill him

It's not after the eyesore disappears that things start to go to the crapper... with bullshit rng. I am tanking the boss and I get the life drain, or someone else gets the lifedrain and when people are blocking the beam, force of will goes off and people fly off the platform.

lowest we have gotten him is 20% =/
---
Klaudandus

Postby Jabari » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:17 am

econ21 wrote:Nobody wants to join a guild run for a fresh ToT on a Friday night? It's sad.

Seriously? How far are you guys? I wish there were open slots like that available on my server - my hunter would jump at a chance like that if a group could get as far as Tortos.

I simply can't find any groups for him. My shaman's group (I was the designated "PuG Healer") beat Council (after about 6 weeks of working on Horridon), and then the Blizzard Sale came up and 3/4ths of them transferred off-server. Just got in with a different group last week (again as the "PuG Healer"), and they just beat (amazingly) Council for the first time. Not sure I can keep going with them, one of their nights is the same as my guild's normal raid night (but we have had a lot of people out the last few weeks).

It's so bad that I'm maxed out on Mogu Runes, and I didn't even turn in Lesser Charms last week (or this). :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby bldavis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 am

raiding is done this week for horde guild, got mageara down with our last pull of the night, but due to sat being canceled no chance at repeating ji-kun and working on durumu

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Jabari wrote:
econ21 wrote:Nobody wants to join a guild run for a fresh ToT on a Friday night? It's sad.

Seriously? How far are you guys? I wish there were open slots like that available on my server - my hunter would jump at a chance like that if a group could get as far as Tortos.

Seriously...I need to get my DK geared up for a raid ready alt as a alt tank but due to my extremely low pop server (wowprogress has us at 4k), pugs just don't happen.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Doing my rounds of raid bosses for mount drops, I popped into Dalaran, checked the Wintergrasp map and it was blue. So I flew over to the portal, which only appears when Alliance are in control, and it ported me to the fortress. At which point the cross-server thing kicked in, the zone switched to Horde, and every guard in the courtyard instantly aggroed.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Chunes » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:57 pm

hahah

fucking wintergrasp man.

You don't know how many times I've cratered flying to somewhere "on the other side of WG" because of that stupid xrealm bug that dismounts you if you are grouped, mounted and enter a CRZ.
Chunes

Postby Era » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:29 am

Frustration 1: I need a new phone, my old one is dying (HTC Desire). Touch screen is about to give up, and it's prone to overheating and random shutdowns. :(

Frustration 2: Part of me wants an iPhone just because there's soooo many fancy covers, and oh mah gawd is like transmogrification for phones! But the iPhone 5's specs are just shameful... Simply shameful. The business student in me can't justify buying a lesser phone just for the shiny covers. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:48 am

my htc died the same way

i ended up with the iphone because it was cheap =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:57 am

Klaudandus wrote:my htc died the same way

i ended up with the iphone because it was cheap =P

Norwegian currency (seven moose and a polar bear) converted to American currency (three burgers and a gun) for your leisure:

HTC One: ca $300
iPhone 5: ca $340
Galaxy S4: ca $370

That's about the prices I'm going to have to pay. So the iPhone is about the same price range as the others, yet half the RAM and half the processing power. And I don't really care about camera or music capabilities. :(
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General