Remove Advertisements

[10H] Dark Animus

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Dark Animus

Postby daishan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Are you certain DK's can still reset with AMS?
My dk co-tank said they changed something with the patch that stopped him resetting with AMS, unsure if that's just due to us getting him to tank 2 while I reset or if he can't even reset stacks while just tanking 1.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:37 pm

daishan wrote:Are you certain DK's can still reset with AMS?
My dk co-tank said they changed something with the patch that stopped him resetting with AMS, unsure if that's just due to us getting him to tank 2 while I reset or if he can't even reset stacks while just tanking 1.

The way I understand it is that AMS doesn't actually reset stacks. Instead, it prevents stacks from being applied. What this usually means is that the DK has enough time for the stack to drop off before the next cast. When tanking two, however, this probably won't be the case due to staggered casts.
Belloc

Postby Kai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:22 am

2 tanked it with warrior and monk, always had problems with tank swaps. what made it much easier for us was using a warlock portal that the massive golem tank used to drop threat. along with having the whole raid on the other side of the tank to make sure that fonts wouldn't spam the current boss tank. but the warlock portal threat reset was really what made it much easier for us.
if you don't have an easy way to reset the stacks, try that.
Kai

Postby Schroom » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 am

Belloc wrote:
daishan wrote:Are you certain DK's can still reset with AMS?

The way I understand it is that AMS doesn't actually reset stacks. Instead, it prevents stacks from being applied. What this usually means is that the DK has enough time for the stack to drop off before the next cast. When tanking two, however, this probably won't be the case due to staggered casts.

exactly. our DK did it yesterday. so it still works. using AMS to prevent an apply will make it drop off before the next one is applied.

other question. the bis slam the massive does to apply the debuff is firedamage, is it a melee attack an can be dodged/avoid/block/ SoTRed?

or do we simply have to eat them until our stamina pool runs out (and hard CDs)

how do you manage the small impacts? I'm perma-moving the whole fight which sucks a lot!
Schroom

Postby Donatist » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:51 am

Fire damage, their melees are pitiful. Unglyph DP and start using CDs for the slams around 5 stacks when they are not empowered, the slam cannot be mitigated except through magic damage mitigations. Keep in mind even at 10 stacks the slam hots for a little over 800k. If you are real pro and stagger the slam you can wog yourself full in between.

But usually I cd DP, 5-7, WoG + AD 8 and 9. Goak 10. then bubble em off and start again DP around 4 or 5 and tank swap.
Donatist

Postby daishan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:01 am

Hmm kk sure something changed with the patch, maybe just pre patch DK's could reset while tanking 2.

As for tanking it as a pally the slams are aoe fire dmg so can't be dodged of parried and will do very high dmg to any non tank that gets in the way.
Un glyphed DP is very nice, depending on your hp 6+ stacks will be getting into one shot numbers without any cd's, I normally bubble reset at 8-10 stacks.

If it's any help I finally got round to uploading our first kill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY6GNfWOLjU

When my co tank takes the massives off me he goes and kills 2 of the inactive large ones into them to gain an extra min on berserk, probably not needed but if your close on dps it's an easy fix.

Edit: ye anima font is a pain and I failed plenty in that vid just need to keep moving :/

Just remembered one more thing Holy Prism lines up beautifully with interrupting jolt, you can use it for every jolt.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:25 am

mh ok so even SoTR doesn't cut it. and I have to use my hard CDs...

PS: i hate DKs and their bloodshield and AMS for that fight. I just talked to ours and he didn't even notice that explosive slam does noticable damage... ^^

by the way we are 3 tanking.
Schroom

Postby daishan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:35 am

Oops didn't notice you where 3 tanking.

We need to let the DK's be good on a fight or 2 otherwise they get upset :p

GL on my least favourite boss.
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Donatist » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:38 am

I use execution sentence because when you begin the fight tanking and get like 75% vengeance you ES the boss for MILLIONS of damage. I think my HA hit the boss for a 2mil crit.
Donatist

Postby Schroom » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:09 pm

75%? I gues its more than this. my DPS peaked at 1.250.000 DPS yesterday after pull, taking 3 Golems (and activating the massive)
Schroom

Postby Donatist » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 am

My dps never spike that high cause i kill the small golems so fast right now

Has anyone done the pure burn strat and know what the 1 tank tanks? If its 2 or 3 golems?
Donatist

Postby Schroom » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:26 pm

YESSS it's down. only 76 trys. Great tip for ES by the way I macrod it to keep it on cooldown on Dark animus for P1.

the first ES did 5 Mio dmg o.O
Schroom

Postby Donatist » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 am

Yea i kept pulling aggro off Animus cause the other tank didnt realize what i was doing at the pull!
Donatist

Postby Schroom » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:18 am

haha, must have looked funny. I told my raid of course. Our warrior was tanking the Dark Animus, and I had him casting Vigilance on me, so he could taunt with no cooldown and just taunt himself to the same Treat level. As soon as the first of the 3 Adds died (this is your vengeance peak, vengeance will drop after this pretty quickly) I put ES while my wings where still active.

Our warrior also put out skull-banner and yeah. > 5 Mio Damage as I said.
Schroom

Postby Volitaire » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:40 am

Donatist wrote:Has anyone done the pure burn strat and know what the 1 tank tanks? If its 2 or 3 golems?

We were discussing doing this tonight in our raid so if anyone has details that would be great.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)