Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 am

Worldie wrote:Speaking about hunters, just random annoyance for removing Silencing Shot in 5.4 by Surv and BM (which are my hunter's specs as I really can't stand MM).

Suppose i better tame that healing spirit beast before the patch.

You had to get me started didn't you...

Yeah, I really don't care about this except for 2 things..

1) healing/ casting potential pets that need a silence in order to tame (current porc SB, and Firelands beasts)

2) soloing the Panderia rare Pandas. Stuns don't work because the Panda just starts again with the heal as soon as the stun is off, rather than a silence which resets the cast timer for the heal.

Ironic that in 5.4 I'll be BM for a raiding spec, and MM for a soloing spec... :shock:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am

Survival for Life! WTB AoE explosive shot back.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 am

Shoo BM is for the win, no other spec allows me to play a EXTREMELY NOISY FLASHING EYES CAT pet.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:45 pm

The huge wasp from Scholazar is better for being annoying.
I actually had to get another pet for ICC, because one of our tanks (one of my few tiers as dps) coudlnt' concentrate because of the noise it amde.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Jabari » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Banth'alos is annoying - the ghostly flapping wings leave "smoke trails" behind them.

Don't know if it's doing it anymore, but there was a "huge-ass stompy dinosaur" - *stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp*. AARGH!

The Tallstriders are pretty annoying - they shriek and squawk, like, all the time. (Also, the secret's out. Everyone is using these now. I used to be the only person in LFR and such that used them, and now I see two or three in every single LFR I'm in.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Nooska wrote:The huge wasp from Scholazar is better for being annoying.
I actually had to get another pet for ICC, because one of our tanks (one of my few tiers as dps) coudlnt' concentrate because of the noise it amde.

Huge wasp was nerfed a long time ago.. :cry:

halabar

Postby Nooska » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:41 am

Not for annoyance, just for size :) (sadly I never hung on to mine, so I would go back to small wasp if I picked it up)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:15 am

Jabari wrote:Banth'alos is annoying - the ghostly flapping wings leave "smoke trails" behind them.

Don't know if it's doing it anymore, but there was a "huge-ass stompy dinosaur" - *stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp*. AARGH!

The Tallstriders are pretty annoying - they shriek and squawk, like, all the time. (Also, the secret's out. Everyone is using these now. I used to be the only person in LFR and such that used them, and now I see two or three in every single LFR I'm in.)

The devilsaur thingie was fixed long ago as well sadly. Loque is the only EXTREMELY NOISY AND ANNOYING pet left.

I like banthalos as well (got it in Cata, at a very nightly hour so noone could kill it while I was taming it), but it's not annoying enough!

I believe nowadays the tallstriders are used for their AoE debuff, not for the squeak ;) But I remember reading of a very pink flamingo somewhere (was it Mulgore?), now that we got 50 slots I might go and fetch that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:27 am

Worldie wrote:
Jabari wrote:Banth'alos is annoying - the ghostly flapping wings leave "smoke trails" behind them.

The devilsaur thingie was fixed long ago as well sadly. Loque is the only EXTREMELY NOISY AND ANNOYING pet left.

I like banthalos as well (got it in Cata, at a very nightly hour so noone could kill it while I was taming it), but it's not annoying enough!

I believe nowadays the tallstriders are used for their AoE debuff, not for the squeak ;) But I remember reading of a very pink flamingo somewhere (was it Mulgore?), now that we got 50 slots I might go and fetch that.

Yeah, ironic that Tallstriders and Sporebats are the most preffered 25-man raid pets...

halabar

Postby Jabari » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am

Worldie wrote:I believe nowadays the tallstriders are used for their AoE debuff, not for the squeak ;) But I remember reading of a very pink flamingo somewhere (was it Mulgore?), now that we got 50 slots I might go and fetch that.

The Pink Flamingo is at the very northern edge of the Southern Barrens. There's also a nice purple one in Terrokar Forest (on an island on the very south edge of the zone), and a pretty-cool turquoise one in Swamp of Sorrows (near Bogpaddle).

halabar wrote:Yeah, ironic that Tallstriders and Sporebats are the most preffered 25-man raid pets...

Yeah, AoE Full-Sunder is hard to beat. I always keep a Sporebat with me too, as there are times I'm missing Spell Haste even in an LFR - are there actual good spots for its cast-time debuff too? (Horridon 4th door might be a decent spot, anything else?)

Edit: We need a couple more Sporebat models. They added a whole bunch of unique skins recently (my two favorite new ones are the red Arcane Wyrm in Silithus and a very pretty blue-and-white Windserpent in Stonetalon). There's like 30 different windserpent skins now and we're still stuck with a whole 3 Sporebat choices. :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:19 pm

So...since the three Thunder King items were stolen (the GL rep quest for those who may remember it), why doesn't he use his spear instead of that awful looking 2h?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General