Remove Advertisements

[10N] Lei Shen

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Lei Shen

Postby Ironshield » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:58 am

We're taking our first proper crack at Lei Shen this evening, and there was one mechanic thing that I wasn't 100% sure on. What is the rule for which conduit is destroyed? Is it highest energy per level or highest total energy?

in other words imagine we have:
N 90% L1
E 60% L1
S 10% L2

in other words South has dinged and is very low energy when the transition happens. Which will be destroyed North or South?
Ironshield

Postby Calleana » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:36 am

I believe it is total energy so in the example S would destroy in P2 transition.

We just managed to kill this guy last night and would say the transitions are the hardest bits. Good luck!
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Ironshield » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 am

That is a relief, otherwise accidental dings could mean ore problems tban just a bit more damage.
Ironshield

Postby Donatist » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:29 am

@Ironshield

Sorry to burst your bubble but accidental dings do mean more than just extra damage. An extra ding on Overcharge means more people get overcharged. An extra ding on Bouncing Bolts means more bouncing bolts and the adds are bigger and harder. An extra level on Diffusion means the adds cant be CCd and rape the raid more. An extra ding on static im not sure cause we never did it.
Donatist

Postby Ironshield » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 am

Yeah, but that's all just extra damage essentially - not disabling an entirely wrong ability and needing to adjust the whole strategy :)

I'm thinking of P2 really where we will probably HAVE to ding some conduit, but if we END at the conduit to ding then we can just stay put and PEW PEW whereas if we had a situation were it dinged and then we killed it BEFORE it got up above the other two then potentially the wrong quadrant (E-W instead of E-S/N) could get disabled and we'd only have one quadrant for P3. To play it safe I intend aiming for making sure that N is higher than W before ending at S so however it works ONE of N-S is disabled, but it would be good to know for sure.
Ironshield

Postby Sagara » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:33 am

Most people have one conduit near maxed-up or fully maxed-up during P2 for their first kills, It's just a matter of choosing the best one for you. We usually keep the chain lightning for that one, but a case could be made for most of them.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Darielle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 am

It IS possible to get them to 100 without levelling them.

You also don't get nearly as much Energy on conduits if you dance in and out of the conduit. You should be able to make 3 pillars take at least 4-5 minutes that way, and frankly doing 35% of his health in 4 minutes is not very strict.

Also, if you get 2 conduits to the same Energy I believe the preference is N > E > S > W, aka clockwise.
Darielle

Postby Sagara » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:28 am

Oh, definitly doable, but I wouldn't set that as high priority for a first kill. Most important is to have no pillar leveled up in Phase 1, and try to limit the level on the powered-up pillar in Phase 2 (although you'll probably be very high the first time around).

Sagara

Postby Donatist » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 am

Donatist wrote:@Ironshield

Sorry to burst your bubble but accidental dings do mean more than just extra damage. An extra ding on Overcharge means more people get overcharged. An extra ding on Bouncing Bolts means more bouncing bolts and the adds are bigger and harder. An extra level on Diffusion means the adds cant be CCd and rape the raid more. An extra ding on static im not sure cause we never did it.

Sorry i mistook this thread for the heroic thread. :( sorryz
Donatist

Postby Andrastía » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:21 am

Hey all, dragging the taunt issue up again, we are progressing on Lei at the min, our first attempts were fine, pally (me) and DK and no problems at all, but last night we had pally/druid combo and my taunts were immune, no set pattern, 1st 2 tries i couldnt take the boss after decapitate. I took the 1st but couldnt take the boss back, so he was taunted once and i was immune.

We thought we were past it after the next couple of tries were fine, then bang, i tried to taunt after the first Fusion slash and again he was immune, really frustrating, ive been told i may be taunting to early. ofc i taunt on decapitate as soon as its applied, and fusion slash as soon as i see the tank fly across the room :)
i dont see surely how this could cause issues as i was doing exactly the same the week before.
Andrastía

Postby Sagara » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:55 am

Odd, haven't had taunt issues on this one in like ever. I'd advise getting your log and looking for Taunts casted.

Even money says someone or something is taunting.

Sagara

Postby Calleana » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:38 am

Sagara wrote:Even money says someone or something is taunting.

Does the druid have it accidently macroed to something or did you have a hunter pet/ warlock pet with taunt on so tanks were taunting back without really thinking about it?
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Andrastía » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 am

Not sure, i didnt have to taunt at any time other than when i was supposed to. will flick through my log and see if anything comes up, on my Skada it Reckoning casts were 100% immune on the tries were i had issues
Andrastía

Postby Thels » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:04 am

Galiks wrote:anyone clearing this on normal tonight please try the whole raid stacking on the tank or very near/in front for phase 2 (following the first intermission) and PM me with what happens ;)

That's how we do P2. We first spread out slightly as the adds spawn, so we don't AoE each other. We then all stand on top of the tank, and wait for the Lightning Whip. After the Lightning Whip, everyone stands behind the Boss. It's really easy to handle the Overcharge and the blue circle meteor thingy. (We do disable the chain lightning one during P1!)

Ironshield wrote:We're taking our first proper crack at Lei Shen this evening, and there was one mechanic thing that I wasn't 100% sure on. What is the rule for which conduit is destroyed? Is it highest energy per level or highest total energy?

in other words imagine we have:
N 90% L1
E 60% L1
S 10% L2

in other words South has dinged and is very low energy when the transition happens. Which will be destroyed North or South?

What you probably want to do is start at the platform you want to overcharge (I recommend East, but it's personal choice, really.), and keep the boss at each platform until just after the Thunderstruck. There's usually the crap on the ground right after, so if you don't instantly run after Thunderstruck, the mess should be on the old platform/in between the platforms and not bothering you. That should put the first platform at 85ish, and the 2nd and 3rd at 70ish.

Never had any taunt immune issues during P1 and P2. We usually have one immune at P3 (we have one tank taunt during every Lightning Whip, and the other tank taunt during every Thunderstruck), but putting salvation on the tank that shouldn't be tanking solves that.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Belloc » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Sagara wrote:Odd, haven't had taunt issues on this one in like ever. I'd advise getting your log and looking for Taunts casted.

Even money says someone or something is taunting.

Yeah, there's pretty much no question about it: The druid is taunting -- probably has it macroed into something. Lei Shen will not go taunt immune unless someone is taunting. I imagine logs would confirm this.

Andrastia: Does your guild use World of Logs?
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)