Sale on character services this week...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Sale on character services this week...

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:42 pm

More than half of my quite big friendlist has changed realm-name-race this week and/or transferred several alts

I think with this move they really made a lot of money
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:13 am

I'm not gonna lie if they'd keep these prices I'd use them a hell of a lot more. I've still got a bunch of toons on dead servers but I'm not spending 60 bucks to faction/server xfer each one. 30 bucks isn't so bad.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Cleared off my old servers.. 11 toons on AP and I'm done.

Side note, if you have a 85+ that you vendored all the gear then deleted the toon, and then bring the toon back, they give you a mostly complete set of 372 gear for each potential spec, so Halabar got prot, ret, and holy gear. They are pretty much complete sets except for not three versions of the rings and trinkets. Not sure what my druid has, waiting on a name petition.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:36 pm

shame they didn't reduce the guild transfers too.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:26 pm

It's a good thing because it allows people to move to where they want to be, but for those of us staying put, it sucks because there's a massive influx of people selling "rare" items they invested in for the transfer.

Today I got accosted by no fewer than 3 people trying desperately to sell their pets, and trade is filled with laundry lists of pets and xmog items.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Moved 3 toons over including my mage who can xmog the old PVP gear (yay special snowflake), my rogue that was my first character ever and my paladin because for some reason I have no legitimate tank alts over here.

I wonder if they're putting any stock in how many people have used this as far as potentially lowering the prices permanently.
Teranoid

Postby benebarba » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Teranoid wrote:I wonder if they're putting any stock in how many people have used this as far as potentially lowering the prices permanently.

Possibly, but I'd expect they'd be expecting a big short-term gain on such a sale. Now if they actually also had tech to make the transfers easier (presumably that database transfer wasn't completely automated or otherwise cumbersome, hence putting a barrier in place to deter its regular use), this could also be a good way to see how robust it is :P
benebarba

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:55 pm

It appears in the final hours of the sale that the servers are crashing from the load... they might have to extend. :lol:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Previous

Return to General